1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

I think it was one of those ridiculous situations that only Scottish Football could get itself embroiled in. I think, cannot be certain, that the result of the secret ballot was announced before Dundee had cast their vote. Laughably they were trying still to decide what was best for them. What followed was the realisation that everyone would now know which way were Dundee were voting. In the power struggle that is Scottish Football I guess the bottom line is "are you Celtic or Rangers" and by voting late Dundee will have shown their hand. Crazy!

Cyclonic likes this.
  2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Are the Saudis really looking to buy Newcastle United? Talks of a 300m pound take over are in the air.

3. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Its 100% true. Though Amnesty international have written an open letter to the Premier league over their suitability due to human rights issues in Saudi Arabia. That probably wont affect things I wouldn't imagine.

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

The mighty J Class yachts of the 1930s Americas Cup races have been making a come back in the last 20 years or so. There only 3 originals left and 6 replica yachts. They manage to stage Grand Prix racing every year, although they can't always get all 9 to the event. Last month in Antigua just 4 yachts made the start, but before the yachts could reach the starting line, there was a collision between Svea and Topaz in the fight for positions before the start gun. Both yachts were damaged and could take no part in the regatta. This left one of the originals, Valsheda, and the world champion Lion Heart to match race through the 6 race series. They tied at 3-3, but Valsheda took the honours as she's handicapped by her age. She's 77 years older than Lion Heart.

The collision. The fault lay with Svea which comes in from the left. She failed to give way as the port tack boat. Topaz tried to avoid the collision but couldn't do so.

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Ouch!

Cyclonic likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

The Sunday drive.

7. stick

stick Bumper King

mental

Cyclonic likes this.
  8. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

That's great. Mad but entertaining

Cyclonic likes this.
  9. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Kyle Walker is such a bellend. His latest trick is to play the mental health card. If I was him I'd be more concerned about my financial health. 2 ex's rightly looking for a decent dollop of child maintenance. You just know he's going to be brassick in a decade and moaning like Dave Bassett. He won't be wedging out £4K on a couple of hookers that's for sure.

10. Cyclonic

Well the hot news news continues on the F1 scene. Just a couple of days ago, Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari announced that they will be parting ways at the end of the season. It looks as though money might be the big issue. Nobody likes a massive pay cut. After Vettel knocked back an offer from McLaren, that company went after, and signed Daniel Ricciardo for 2021, taking the seat left vacant by Carlos Sainz Jr. Ricciardo will join the young Englishman Lando Norris.

I read a report posted 3 hours ago saying Sainz has signed with Ferrari and will partner the Monaco born Charles Leclerc.

Now that Ricciardo is going, I wonder who'll be offered the drive at Renault?

And what happens to Vettel?

Interesting times.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    SwanHills likes this.

11. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

German football returning today. I shall not be watching as it's all on BT Sport over here which I don't subscribe to. I'm sure a few will be watching not least the Germany based correspondents. I can't see football without a live audience being any good at all. Of course the ghouls who introduced VAR and who seem blind to the huge problems and negativity it's created reckon the live crowd are irrelevant to the future of football. The coronavirus will I suspect show they are deluded clueless morons.

12. Cyclonic

With motor racing parked for a while, what better time to take at the world of Murderdrome racing.

13. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Sport now starting to return

iTV4 showing live snooker from 1st June
    ITV showing the Guineas weekend 6&7 June along with Coronation Cup day on 5 June
    Premier league football possibly from 20 June
    Test series v West Indies possibly starting 8 July

14. Cyclonic

The game they play in heaven.

redcgull likes this.
  15. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Would be great if this forum returned to being a Racing forum too

16. Cyclonic

Plucking stuff from all over the place. The Men's Keirin Final from the 2020 World Championships in Germany.

redcgull likes this.
  17. Cyclonic

2020 World Championships. Men's Team Sprint.

redcgull likes this.
  18. Cyclonic

Men's Elimination.

redcgull likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

All Black hooker Ash Dixon leads an epic haka.

redcgull and OddDog like this.
  20. Cyclonic

Fingers crossed for Alex Zenardi who while racing a handbike, had a collision with a truck. While rounding a bend, he wandered onto the wrong side of the road and was hit front on. He's now in an induced coma after undergoing head surgery.

The former two time U.S Champion Auto Racing Teams, series Champion and former F1 driver, had both legs amputated 2001 after being involved in an open wheeler race in Germany.

Eight years later Alex decided to try handbike racing, it was a sport in which he would excel. At the London Para Olympics, he took two gold medals and a silver. He would take another two gold and a silver in Rio.

Here's hoping he same fierce will that drove him on in sport, delivers him a healthy outcome.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    SwanHills and redcgull like this.