1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Other Sports

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, May 5, 2011.

1. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Just asked her ,BB she is more than willing to share her knowledge on the subject with you ! Her Doctor had never heard of it and now wont recommend anything else!

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had his knee done nearly 20 years ago and then again last year - so they can be "re-done" - he said second time the op was so much less - probably keyhole - he was only just over 40 first time

3. Norwayhornet

I guess it depends whether your going to resume your rugby career;) Our neighbour but one had one 8 yrs ago and had it done again last year! , but was always out jogging and cycling! she is a 76 yr old farmers wife and a complete angel!

4. Norwayhornet

No point going through the same op twice ! the technology now exists to make it not necessary! although the company rep did ask Mrs N not to run any marathons!

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Thanks Norway - may go back to the quack first though. It may be a case of the technology hasn't reached this part of the world yet, or - more likely - the NHS wouldn't fund it!

6. Norwayhornet

Just tell the doctor your allergic to medicinal stainless steel ! Mrs N actually is, and a Noggy consultant still wanted to use one on her in 7 yrs time!!

7. Norwayhornet

you should be ok with what ever goes in as long as you are sensible on the usage on the first 6 months after the op!

8. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

My Mrs was told she was too young (55) but she made a fuss. Kept jumping through all the hoops- physiotherapy, scans etc- and at the end would say 'no, it's still bad, what are you going to do?' I think they said yes in the end just to get rid of her....no comment...

Not sure what the lifespan of this one is, but it's only the inner half of the knee, and apparently they may do the whole knee in future if needs be.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Talking of this makes my knees go wobbly :(

10. Norwayhornet

Leo <laugh> do you mean in a grobbelar sort of way:)?

11. hampshirehorn

hampshirehorn Member

Massive fan of American Football - absolutely huge!

12. tworossjenkins

Packers for me - not just cos theyre this years champs......

13. hampshirehorn

hampshirehorn Member

New York Giants myself :) Been supporting them for six years. Winning the superbowl is way up there with the 3-0 Leeds Playoff Final Win :)

14. tworossjenkins

Too cheer us up game 4 of the Stanley cup is on ESPN if you have it tonight. Cracking game yesterday Boston Mashed the Canucks. ThE old joke is (BB you will like this one) "I went to a fight and an Ice Hockey game broke out"!!. Yesterdays was just like that. Catch it if you can (now that the Night Shift has finished - but there is the Day Shift apparently) W_Y bring back Georg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Norwayhornet

As a canucks fan 2RJ I didnt need reminding, However we still lead the series 2-1

16. tworossjenkins

Is Hockey big in Norway, Norway??

17. Norwayhornet

Is Hockey is a growing sport here ,yes! Stavanger oilers are my nearest!

18. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

When I was at the Uni of Glam in Pontypridd, used to be a regular at Cardiff Devils home games when they were winning just about everything and their current netminder Stevie Lyle was starting out as a schoolboy before he went to the lower leagues in North America. I've been to a game in their new rink which is away from the city centre and the atmosphere isn't the same. 2RJ, fights in a rink are tame compared to some of the things I used to see in Cardiff late on a Saturday night on my way to get the train back to Ponty!
    When I was younger (can't remember if I was still at school or Uni) I used to watch the highlights of Gaelic games on C4 so I surprised one of the directors at work who is from Limerick and is on the committee of the Jersey GAA how much I knew about Gaelic football and hurling. Last year on a trip to Dublin, I took a tour of Croke Park and it is as impressive as places like Wembley, Twickers etc. If I'd known, I could've gone and actually watched a match there the day before as the end of season final for the second level (at least I think that's what it was) being played there wasn't a sell-out.

19. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

I was at Uni in Cardiff, used to love the town centre on a Saturday night, for that matter any night would do!!!

20. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Are you doing a tour of the UK then Aberdeen - N Ireland next ?