1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

In case you missed it.......... CLASSIC!

upload_2021-7-29_9-48-35.png

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Obviously Prince Charles had brought his own top of the range brolly.....Boris had been lent a cheap police version......with a primed photographer just waiting for that inevitable moment.....Boris never lets you down.

3. notDistantGreen

Sums up his time in office really.

Nigel Farage has seen fit to lay into the RNLI for being a taxi service for illegal immigrants.

Now I'm a proud Cornishman and just like people who live that close to the sea, being rude about the RNLI is the greatest calumny possible. The Padstow crew had reserved seats in my uncle's pub with brass name plates above their places .

I also remember the sickening gloom that settled over the whole county after this incident. Read it and shut your mouth Farage.

https://rnli.org/about-us/our-history/timeline/1981-penlee-lifeboat-disaster

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Nigel Ferral ... the man is a complete arse hole

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I remember that Penlee incident but sort of forgot it was so long ago. You would have to ask what has Nigel Farage ever done for his fellow man in any situation. Of course the answer is nothing because people like him always stand behind anyone else near an event and expect them to put themselves forward. Sadly he would rather people drowned than got picked up and landed here. That's how sick the idiot is. I say let him spout off and show himself up for prick he really is.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just read on the BBC News site that donations to the RNLI have gone up since Farage opened his mouth. The bloke is actually good for something then..........

7. notDistantGreen

Umbrellagate in it's full glory.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You didn't need to get up in the middle of the night to post that notDistant......you could of held on for a more reasonable hour.....I have a vision of Boris doing a Maggie Thatcher Tank drive.....imagine the carnage that would of caused.

9. notDistantGreen

Ah I didn't. Teenage daughter requiring taxi services.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just hope our kids remember what we did for them when they were growing up.... when we need them to care for us.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Make em bleddy walk home. If they are old enough to be out at 4 15am then they are old enough to sort themselves out. Unless they are working at an all night petrol station to earn money to pay you rent of course.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Went shopping today and got home and made a coffee to sit outside in the garden for an hour with her indoors. Then there was the sound of heavy traffic entering the street and yet another convoy of Travellers descended on the Park. With a few swift blows of something heavy they got rid of the bar prohibiting vehicle access and drove onto the grass. This time it's 13 of them. Within 20 minutes a Police car arrived. Guess what......."there is nothing we can do" said one of them. I asked about Criminal Damage to the barrier. "Did you film it" was the next question. "Yes of course I did I stood there in front of 13 Traveller families and filmed everything". Do they think I'm stupid or something as I have to live here. "There is nothing we can do without proof" was the next statement. Shock horror surprise surprise.

An hour later a deluge of local Councillors arrived in the street. Not that I did but my guess is a few of my neighbours rang them following the promises made the last time. "There is nothing we can do but follow the rules set down" was their contribution. Here we go with another 2 weeks of noise and vehicle riding around the park. Tonight on night one was a quad bike up and down the park. I guess that is just to warm us up. I know I shouldn't be surprised at anything anymore but if I decided to turn into Rambo and go on a Traveller hunt I have no doubt the words "There is nothing we can do" would not be ones I'd hear. I would be nicked faster than the quad bike was going in a childrens play area. Somebody tell me again what do I pay Council Tax for? I'd bet if they parked on the green outside the House of Commons they would soon find a law and sort it.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's been raining half of today and the Park outside has become pretty wet. Need not have worried that puddles would appear. The Travellers have been driving up and down it all day with a couple doing spins after a foot to the pedal dash. It's nearly 11 pm and there have been 3 cars racing each other and spinning for the last couple of hours. Not a Police car in sight all day. The Park now looks like Murphy's Spud field and is going to take months to recover. Don't forget though Travellers have rights. I just don't get the mentality of it all. They object to being persecuted wherever they go yet they treat the place with contempt when there. What do they get out of it because I sure as hell can't see it.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

So today the Travellers were evicted from the Park by 2 Police Officers and half a dozen bailiff people. This of course following a Court Order. Once again the Council moved in afterwards and cleared at least 2 lorry loads of rubbish. They were only there 5 full days. This group arrived only 17 days after the previous lot departed. How long before the next invasion I wonder. The irony is they moved probably no more than 500 yards away to another Park close by. This is outside an OAP Bungalow shelter scheme and literally between 2 schools. One a Comp and the other a Primary school. Good job the schools are out currently.

One thing I did find slightly amusing was several people saying to me after the departure that "This lot weren't as bad as the last lot". I admit to getting a bit shirty with one woman who came out with that. I pointed out that all she did was bring her dog to the Park in a car from some miles away for a ****. I on the other hand had to live there and put up with the racing around, rubbish, people crapping in the park and noise every day. She had no idea and I offered to take her address, give it to the Travellers and invite them to camp outside her house for a fortnight because she thought they were all ok. She left suddenly but I can't think why.

15. notDistantGreen

I saw them yesterday as I was coming back through Lipson: Trefusis Park is it?

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Are you stalking me?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Some really serious incident going on in Plymouth this evening. Not sure what yet but the bit of news there is doesn't sound good.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

On the BBC 10pm news.....shootings...with fatalities....mention of 4 Air Ambulances involved....one coming from as far away as Southampton....sounds serious stuff.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My grandaughter tells me there are several fatalities and one is a small child. Where they get their info from god knows but I suspect she is right. All very sad and something that is never really heard of down here. Quite shocking.

20. notDistantGreen

My daughter picked this up at about 8pm. Initially it seemed to be linked to the Drake Centre but it turns out that was just evacuated as a precaution.

I worked from home on 7th July 2005 rather that travelling into the office in Euston Rosd. That was the day the bus was bombed in Tavistock Square, just 200 yards away and Russell Square tube was bombed close St Pancras Station, where I'd have got off the train.

I locked the door right away last night!

It looks as though this was in fact a tragic domestic incident of some kind. Although it's awful in its own right at least we don't have to worry about second terrorist cells and follow up attacks.

Some of the social media was shocking. Islamaphobia before any facts were known, Islamists belittling a few white deaths when so many die in various war zones everyday, feminists claiming all men would like to kill women, BBC haters complaining it wasn't giving it prominence over Afghanistan when there were no facts to report (essentially the same group as item 1) and those posting video of a dead body in the street.

Horrible.