1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You think you've heard it all...but Anti-vaxxers take the biscuit.

They are block- booking appointments at mass vaccination centres, it has emerged, in an apparent attempt to prevent others receiving the life-saving jab.

The tactic has reportedly been used at other sites.

Unvaccinated patients are of course taking up hospital beds when they catch Covid-19 and represent 9 out of 10 patients in hospital needing the most care.

What sought of scum are these types....booking valuable appointments up and then of course not turning up.

There actions are beyond understanding....but to force their beliefs on to others by stopping those that want a jab from getting an appointment......are these the same people who glue themselves to motorways etc to disrupt whatever is the cause of the day for them.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So where is this story published plym? I can't see it on the news site.

Another day and another revelation about No.10 and yet another gathering. "We were working" says Boris. Have you seen this photo because if you have I have never been to any meeting anywhere, and I've attended hundreds, that involved cheese and wine or the wife of the person presumably leading it. If this was an official working meeting then why is she there at all. She is neither employed by the Country nor elected. The argument I read that she lives there and it's also her garden are just laughable. I thought she lived at No.11 or the last time he was accused of flouting rules or laws he argued they didn't know about a party as it was next door. Lies, lies, lies and more lies. Grow a pair you other MPd and get rid of this buffoon before he causes anymore problems. He's not fit to clean the office let alone sit in it.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Daily Telegraph....page 4....20/12.2021...... Article titled....,.Anti-Vaxxers block-booking to disrupt jabs.

Wembley Stadium was operating as a mass vaccination site yesterday, with staff hoping to deliver 10,000 jabs through booked appointments and walk-ins.

Dr Vijay Tailor, a GP working at the site, told the BBC " that the site was working smoothly", adding : "If we can get 10,000 today, that will be excellent,"

Some staff at the centre told The Telegraph patients had not arrived for their bookings and the centre was " really quiet" by mid-morning.

By mid-afternoon the site had given 2,500 jabs.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Right so they were "hoping" to deliver 10000 jabs and because some of them didn't turn up they were told that Anti-Vaxxers had block booked to disrupt it by staff because it was "really quiet". Isn't it a fact that people in that area of the Country are the least vaccinated of all and aren't stepping up for the jab? Could that be why they were quiet perhaps and nobody was sabotaging the operation at all? It's hardly proof is it unless there was much more info in the story with some sort of back up you haven't mentioned. Sorry if I don't always believe what the newspapers say because half of it is their opinion rather than factual. The Daily Star tomorrow says that they are giving away a Government approved cut out and keep cheeseboard for meetings. Please don't tell me that isn't true......

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If you don't want to be vaccinated why do you go to the bother of booking up an appointment....and why do these missed appointments come together in clusters close together ?

There are groups of people trying to force their opinions on to others at present.

Why do we have people all of a sudden passionate about insulation...blocking motorways by glueing themselves to roads....or is that just devious newspapers or TV journalists showing made up pictures of people pretending to stick themselves to motorways.

Facts are always stranger than fiction........anti vaccination groups causing trouble around the country....blocking the gates of Downing street.....don't you believe that they will go to extremes to force their opinions on to others...... they seem to be doing a good job to fool some people at the moment.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Plym on this one or at least on the general principle that social media in particular have given extremist groups the ability to project loony opinions on the unwary.

Look no further than Donald Trump and his Alt Right fellow travellers, the conspiracy theories that the USA (and maybe the world) is run by a cabal of billionaire pedophiles operating out of the basement of a New York pizza shop (no I'm not making it up) & that the US election was stolen.

Insulate Britain are a bunch of hard left loonies who lost their voice when Jeremy Corbyn & his gang were ousted whose aim is nothing to do with saving the environment but with using it to instigate a revolution using an army of unsuspecting kids and well meaning old farts with too much time on their hands. The positively want people to be imprisoned where they can continue their protests to portray the country as being repressive.

I don't know if there was block booking and I have no time for the Telegraph or the increasing numbers of "opinion led" news outlets. I want "fact led news" thank you very much. However I can well believe their are nutters out there that would.

As to the Telegraph, this made-up story, which alleges the BBC newsroom was in tears when Corbyn lost the election, rightly caused a Twitter Storm last week. Just read the first sentence. What possible place is there in a supposedly reputable newspaper for a piece that starts with "It may be apocryphal but it is a story worth telling anyway"? Part of the problem I'm afraid.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/17/bbc-wilfully-ignorant-tory-britain/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am not arguing about the existence of these groups and as far as I'm aware I never have. Nor have I argued that there are people who would foist their views on others either. I saw the pictures of people gluing themselves to roads so why would I not believe what I am seeing. However, this story has no substance to it. Some one spoke to somebody and it was decided that the gist of the story was factual even when no proof of anything was given. It is the honesty of the Journalism that I question. A lot of it these days is lazy and they just publish rubbish instead of a proper story. It's why I wouldn't pay for a newspaper anymore. If you want to blindly believe everything they say then that's your choice but unless you know for certain then it shouldn't be quoted as fact.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I have family doing a couple of 12hr shifts a week vaccinating up town....so maybe I know more than your comment about....."this story has no substance to it" .

As Andy Capp told Florrie years ago in a cartoon..... when she disagreed with his opinion.....this is not the first time you've contradicted me.......you did it twenty years ago as well.

Anti-Vaxxers booking appointments and not going to them is hard to prove I agree about that....but these people will do ANYTHING to disrupt the vaccination process....and they know that if it is the Pfizer vaccination it cannot be kept for another day...because of the extreme temperature that it needs to be stored at.....these people know what their doing.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Let me ask you something else. You said the place was a booked appointment centre and a walk in. I went to Home Park a while back as a walk in and there was a four hour waiting time and I gave up. Went back for a booked appointment and it was also a walk in. The place was full and the walk in queue was as full as the booked section. So, was the London one quiet because of block booking abortions or a lack of walk in people because people in that location are not keen on a vaccine in any event? Another question is why quote a newspaper story with no substance when you have family with first hand knowledge who obviously told you of the block booking people. I will give you some info. I have a daughter who works for Chris Whitty.

You shouldn't get so defensive Plym I am questioning the source of the story not you. I do not believe much I read on newspaper sites.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We had our booster early on....11/10/2021....within the first 5,000,000 done....in the local Bromley Civic Centre....appointment only in those days.....8 booths being used and there was only five of us there at that time....the majority of staff were standing around twiddling their thumbs.....of course no new varient to worry about back in October.

The Wembley Stadium was a one off....appointments and walk-ins.....I assume that they must of been advertising it for a week or so before to get appointments booked in.....and staff had said to the newspaper that lots hadn't turned up ?....the Wembley area has a very mixed racial and non British community....but I assume they were expecting people from all over N London and even further to turn up.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you ever wanted proof that we are led by a spineless buffoon then todays announcement is it. Boris does not have the bottle to cancel Christmas for a second year despite pretty much all the known data pointing to another lockdown being needed. If people cannot see that he has just taken the populist decision to save his own job then I just don't know what else it will take. The same applies to cutting the isolation time from 10 to 7 days. He is running out of workforce and has to do something to stop the rot. Suddenly we don't need to stay away quite so long despite it being needed for the last 18 months or so.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Covid rates in London have gone through the roof.......20,491 new cases yesterday alone (21st)....in the last week some Boroughs have registered roughly 25% of its residents catching Covid.

It has been suggested that if we had left Covid alone to do it's worst it would have peaked long ago and burnt out by now.

By trying to stop it...we have lengthened the pandemic and prolonged it's life.

The question is would more people have died initially.....or by prolonging it will the total deaths be similar ?.....possibly we've have saved some lives I would have thought.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well 9-30 am on Christmas morning...we've done our Covid test and are negative....we're hoping that the rest of our family get together have got the same results.....ten of us around the table for dinner at my sons....two years since we were all in the same house together....with over 1,700 per 100,000 daily catching Covid in this Borough we're fortunate to be able to get together like this.....hoping the phone doesn't ring to smash our family plans.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....and hoping for a BETTER and prosperous new year.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just been watching online as England completely implode against Australia in the ashes. Embarrassing is putting it mildly. These are professional sports people who get a lot of money to perform like an amateur outfit. I would hate to be a cricket follower who is English out in Australia right now. They are going to have a field day with this result.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Humiliating is the outcome.

Australia will be complaining that winning the ashes in only 12 days of cricket will cost them finacially a lot of money.....and they might be in their rights to ask the MCC for compensation for lost income.

English supporters out their will have to sup a lot of lager to deaden the pain of that fiasco.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was reading up on this years honours at new year and have to say one or two raised an eyebrow. None quite as high as Raducanu for services to tennis. The girl is almost still in nappies. She has pulled out of more tournaments than she has played in since winning one. That is one tournament and she gets to be the BBC Sports Personality of the Year and also is awarded an MBE. She is 19 for christ sake. She has won one thing. How does that get her those awards?

Another one was Tony Blair. He was a lying cheating bastard who sent our troops into a war on a complete lie of made up crap. He should have been prosecuted and jailed for life not honoured. The Queen should take the opportunity to stab him with the sword not tap his shoulder.

17. notDistantGreen

Compare Blair with any of the current crop.

I'm reading Barak Obama's biography. He says Iraq was a bad war badly executed but he's not a pacifist and Afghanistan was a good war badly executed. However, the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. He did use chemical weapons against the Marsh Arabs and the Iraqi Kurds. His brother threw men into the lion's pit who wouldn't allow him to **** their wives. If we don't stand up against that then we should scrap the armed forces.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There speaks somebody who hasn't been and isn't likely to volunteer. No offence Notdistant but our troops are not the World Police and should not be used as such. I am not a pacifist either but the reasons to go should be solid not built on a load of bullshit like the Iraqi one was. The World is full of bad men who unfortunately often lead in the end. If Sadam was a bad man then what about the Chinese Leaders or Russia or Nigeria or a whole load of others. Do we invade then as well and if not why not given your argument. Blair fought to go to appease the Americans and for no other reason. Strangely enough they have also rewarded him in many ways since and he has made a shed load of money. The man has blood on his hands for a death toll that should not have happened. I would also like to know how much better off the Iraqi people are today without this tyrant in charge. You and I both know they aren't and innocent people are still dying there. Same applies to Afghanistan. All those military people died and to achieve what exactly. A big fat zero.

19. notDistantGreen

We have armed forces to do as instructed. We do not have conscription. If we do not take a moral stand then we are nothing. As Obama said, wars badly executed wars but not necessarily morally wrong.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm not arguing that Sadam wasn't a bad man. What I am arguing is he was no worse than a load of others who we don't invade. That is don't invade because either we would get our asses kicked or because there is nothing of interest there. Just because our forces are not conscripted does not make their unnecessary deaths ok. We pay firemen to attend fires but we don't necessarily expect them to get burned to a frazzle for nothing do we. If you think that invading some other Country halfway around the World is just then all I can say is you volunteer like a moral upstanding citizen and go invade them. Blair lied and that's a fact that has been proved now. The man is a criminal and should not be knighted for his services with that in mind. Anyone else proved to have been culpable for deaths would have been prosecuted without another thought. They do it to Company Leaders when an accident occurs all the time but this was not accidental it was deliberate.