1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Cameroon will probably get a job in the EU next?

2. Greenarmyjoe

Think i may move to scotland as they will exit now and then join the EU ..

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hinkley Point has question marks against its build already.....designed on their master design in France ,EDF had used Chinese steel and it is showing that the quality of steel used was not good enough and problems are showing up around its reactor build....what a disaster that is going to turn into......maybe now we will be able to build it with British steel owned by a UK free of EU red tape.

Have you notice that the sun is shining for a change instead of all that EU rain.....what an awful June we have had until now........<whistle>.

4. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one <laugh>

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

But Joe all the scots are coming to Home Park.......:emoticon-0136-giggl.

6. Guywanderer

We have had brexit next hexit and dexit now I can't wait for sexit

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

They'll have to home once we've out of the EU and Scotland out of the UK. Nicola Sturgeon has announced preparations for a 2ND Scottish referendum this morning.

We now face the likelihood of a General Election between a Tory party led by extreme right wingers and a Stalinist Labour party under Corbyn. I for one won't vote for a Tory party led by Johnson , Gove or the other Brexit leaders.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Who is exit and exit?

Teresa may will be the new one hopefully.. who is there other wise.. We don't want Donald Trumps son.. Boris do we? :bandit::bandit:

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We can't afford to keep Teresa May in the amount of shoes she would expect to have as PM.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Then you'll have to vote for the Green Party....I've never understood why they existed in the first place.....Brighton have there only MP....must be something to do with 'lifestyle' down there.

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not that I'm religeous but words from the good book fit nicely into this disaster. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.

All this bullshit about having to do this and do that as if it's some kind of joke is all well and good but now these people will have to live with their decision made on one basis only. Immigration. Totally not thought through and the consequences of this vote will be felt in their own standard of living. The Markets have already shown what they think and anyone who thinks they won't be affected is living in their own fantasy land inside their head. All I will say is you people had better be right because the end product of being wrong will mean their children and grandchildren baring the brunt of this for years to come. Ask yourself if you had a business why would you build it here? The market is so small it wouldn't be worth while. Without the EU to give it reason they will not come. Why would you leave your "Services" here? Without the same access to the EU they will go. No skin off their nose to move across the Channel as it only means getting a different building. Make your own laws? Yea right. To trade in Europe means you have to abide by their rules anyway so what exactly have you achieved. I believe Sweden has to pay to do it and has none of the benefits at all. Pay in with nothing out. The infrastructure of this Country is fecked now. None of this money we will allegedly have to spend now will be spent on Hospitals or Roads or Railways or Airports. The truth is we will have a lot less money anyway and possibly less than we had before. I despair and especially at the gloating of the lemmings. The Turkeys will get a vote soon no doubt.

12. Guywanderer

A lot of hot air there greeny but no fact for one Sweden is in the EU for the time being and yes our inferstructuer is in a mess but that is while we are in the EU we will soon be able to spend our money on what we think our priorities are just calm down and carry on

13. Guywanderer

Also you still don't get the point we did not vote out because of immigration but democracy if you don't want that back you may as well continue to bury your head in the sand

14. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Democracy? The right to live in poverty?

Immigration was obviously a major issue, despite the fact it works both ways and our economy can't function without incoming workers, but that's just small minded, Little Englanders. We've got an army that won't get out of bed for a job are too ill-educated to be of any use if they did, so we need all the help we can get.

Also though there are many reports that on the doorstep, votors have wanted to have a general swipe at the privileged, the elite, the government and the bankers. That's why referenda are such a bad idea. People can't be trusted to vote only on the question they are being asked even when it's of critical importance to our security and prosperity.

I'm waiting for people to realise "cheaper food" means importing more from North & South America, New Zealand etc etc. while a smaller economy and political mindset in a Conservative government that's moved to the right against subsidy mean the farmers won't get their monthly cheque from the EU. That'll stuff all those agricultural shires who just voted to Leave won't it?

This didn't take long http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36624697

If he's on Leave's side, God help us http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36606184

Mind your pension and fill up your petrol tanks now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36611512

15. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

If I wasn't so gutted it would almost be funny. The Brexit campaigners never really thought they would win and now they have, they are clueless. Like or hate Cameron, at least he had some common sense and decency- he has been well stitched up and I dread the thought of who will replace him. Teresa gets my vote but not sure she has the support within the party. The alternatives (Boris, Gove) are extreme right wing and the thought of a labour government led by Jeremy is just frightening.

Seriously thinking about moving to Italy (if they will let us in) if I have any money left after today-not sure I want to stay in a country where 52% think they are 'better off alone' in their own little island.

PS looking forward to the new hospital being built with the spare £315million next week as promised by Gove/Boris....oh, didn't they really mean it/were they lying?

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that the fear factor is still at work.....just needs people to calm down for a few days and stop panicking.

Guywanderer likes this.
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not if we're not in the EU.....<wah>.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Plymouth voted 59.9% to leave.

I was surprised to see that my area Bromley only voted 50.7% to remain....I thought it would of been a lot higher than that....a strong Tory area.

19. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok Guywanderer not Sweden then I got the wrong scandinavian country but you know exactly what I mean. The other thing is if you don't even know that immigration was the factor then you have been living on some other planet. I have been listening to people talk all day long today and I suggest you listen as well. Immigration was virtually the first thing mentioned everytime. And I'm not talking about politicians now I'm talking about the people in the street. My post above is not anything to do with a fear factor or even trying to spread any. It is to do with my take on how **** things are going to get. You had better hope I'm wrong and you are right as said because if I am then you have condemned the younger generation to years of misery. If you are wrong I won't stop reminding you either. The Right Wing brigades of Europe are already massing their troups in their Countries now If you want to remember history (I heard some idiot spouting about young people not even being given a vote because they didn't know about the last 40 years and had no experience) then you should remember how a certain bloke started out in Germany and what he based his theories on. Inward looking and no other look getting an airing. His Country first. second, third and feck everyone else. I thought we had made progress from that but it seems not.

Guywanderer likes this.
  20. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

So, less than 24 hours after the 'vote' the brexit voicepieces have so far said the 'extra' money wont go to the NHS and immigration wont be reduced. Shall we have a revote now? Funniest thing is that the pointy heads in Cornwall are demanding that their income stream is maintained- you voted out ffs. History shows that anything west or south of Bristol will be ignored by governments of all flavours. Pound and stock market has taken a battering and everyone in the UK will feel the impact of this for many months/years. Of course in 12 months when the economy is up sh!t creek everyone will blame the government/bankers/money men- the very people who wanted to remain.

I just hope for my kids (22 and 19) sake, that this works in the long term because the short term financial battering is going to be painful.