1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I called in to my son's place today and he had the Man U v Swansea game on his tele. Did anyone else watch it? We have gone on and on about this on and off for ages but I still have to comment on the Rashford fall down in the box for a penalty. What a dive that was and what an absolute cheat the man is. How embarrassing it should be for him to see it again on the box and how obvious his cheating was. What made it worse is the way a couple of Man U players ran to the Ref demanding the penalty as well. Rooney being one of them. Totally shocking without it being a real shock if you know what I mean. The sooner they bring in the review in these games the better for me. It's the only way to stop this with hefty bans for those who carry on doing it. Managers would soon put a stop to it themselves if they were without players for long spells. Straight red and a 3 match ban for the first. Done again then a straight red with a 6 match ban . It's worse than clogging in my book and the way pundits come out with this "he felt a touch and was entitled to go down" crap. They are condoning it whereas the vast majority of supporters hate it.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well, agree and hope fully they will miss out on the chumps league again.. He is a young english player, he has the world at his feet without having to cheat? i suppose it is what they are taught now.. Swansea were unlucky, was hoping they would have won and should have..

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It's rife. Sane, who's an excellent young player and has no need to cheat, did a similar thing, winning Man City a penalty against Boro. He leant into the defender and went down, making it look as though he'd been fouled when in fact it was all at his instigation.

Video evidence and retrospective punishment is the only way to go.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been commenting on this on the Man U board and it sort of doesn't surprise me at the reactions of people. On the one hand you have all of the outsiders to Man U (non supporters) who are saying cheat and dive etc and on the other several Man U supporters seemingly trying to support their player and saying it was an obvious penalty. I guess then that it depends if you support the guilty party what your view of something is. For me I hate it and if an Argyle player did the same so blatantly I couldn't condone it. What is the point of having rules and calling this a sport if people can't see cheating when it's staring them in the face. One posters finished by saying it was a penalty because the Ref gave it. A couple of threads down was the match where Fellani got sent off for not headbutting an opposition player. Much moaning by Man U fans but not one comment from this poster to say the Ref gave him a Red so it was a sending off. I'm not picking on Man U here either as it could be any team. Have to say it is getting harder to maintain my love of football these days.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Premiership football stopped being a sport when Sky got involved sensible.....obscene money being given to clubs.....and tell me what player actually needs more than £100,000 a year......but getting that A WEEK is mind blowing......with some gods of football getting far far more than that.

The lower league clubs see the eureka land over the horizon and there you have it.....they will copy whatever has to be done to join the big boys.

With a big take-over fight happening to buy Sky by an American organization for gob smacking money....who knows what will be happening to the game WE watch.

With China now dripping with money that they don't know what to do with....buying up players for even more money than they earn now....what player can say no to earning huge nest eggs as their playing careers start coming to an end........just imagine if George Best had lived in this era....he could have drunk himself to death even quicker.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just noticed on pasoti that someone has checked out that Argyle have kept 31 second half clean sheets.....two more than any other team in all the leagues.

Is that true.....I'll take his word for it.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been reading an article in todays Daily Express about Philip Green slipping down the "Britain's wealthiest husbands and wives" list. He is £433 million poorer this year (shall we get the collection bucket out for him....maybe not) his wealth has dropped to only £2.787billion placing him 5th in the UK.

I noticed in the top ten list placed at number 7 a certain Chris & Sarah Dawson with a wealth of £1.9 billion......the Plymouth based former market trader who has been dubbed " the Devon Del-Boy" after buying a Bentley with the number plate "DE11 B0Y" runs the Range home and garden chain with his wife.

Trying to imagine "Devon's Del-Boy" being interested in football.....and owning PAFC (obviously with a Range outlet attached to it) where would we be now.....maybe not stuck in Home Park anymore but with an out of the city state of the art complex........could always call it "Dawson's Creek".

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

News flash......

"Dawson does feck all without a profit"

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Cripes!!!!! I see Spurs have managed to lose tonight Joe. I hope this isn't the start of a crap weekend for you football wise...<yikes>

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tranmere...2-2...Aldershot (agg 5-2 ).....Jake Cole doesn't make the national league play-off final.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Quiet afternoon at present for football....some Premiership matches.....Championship games tomorrow....Div one finished last week.....this is the time that H/T scores would be checked.....but SKY is in control of when matches are played.....so 5.30 it is for Div two to kick-off......really late trip home for many....but hey that doesn't matter they're only fans.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brighton lose the Championship title in the 89 minute when Aston Villa score an equalizer to draw 1-1......Newcastle win 3-0.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't suppose they care that much with what's to come next season. Pleased for Brighton though I think they are a decent club. Our old friends have made it as well so back into the promised land once more. With Sunderland coming down and Burough coming down probably they are probably even more chuffed being the only Rep in the North East in the top flight.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tom Daily 22 got married today to his American boy friend who is 42.....old enough to be his dad.....:emoticon-0120-doh:.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know this is going to sound a wee bit old fashioned but I don't acknowledge the fact two men marry each other. Do what they like other than that but it's not marriage. I'm not religious so it isn't on those grounds and what two blokes get up to in their private life doesn't bother me either. Best of luck to Twice Daily (adge cutler and the worzles) and his mate other than that.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Of far more importance today was the announcement that the French at least have more sense than we have when it comes to voting. Well around 11 million of them haven't but 2 thirds of the voters did. I wonder how long it will be before a real right winger takes charge somewhere in Europe though. Put to bed for now thank christ.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

They seemed to be reluctant voters.....both the "establishment" candidates had been jettisoned in the first round of voting and they really didn't leave an alternative or comparable candidate for the majority of establishment "voters" to choose from .....other than right wing Marine Le Pen or the new boy with no political experience Emmanuel Macron.

It was no contest really between a right winger or the novice.....and the novice won......you could blame this state of affairs on out going President Francois Hollande who had just about upset everyone he could.....so France end up with a President whose political party is only one year old....will Macron be able to stand up to Angela Merkel.....lets hope he can....because many French don't want a Federal EU run by Germany.

PS.....The UK general election in June is a different kettle of fish again....whatever people say to the contrary this election has one subject only.....who do you want to lead the Brexit negotiations.....the answer is no contest, it's got to be Theresa May....there is no one else with any clout.

It doesn't matter how much I like Nigel Farage he has sidelined himself from politics in the UK.....and has he said....he can do a better job standing up for the UK in the EU Parliament against some really nasty federalists.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  18. Greenarmyjoe

i am glad to see the back of Nigel Ferrell Farage.. Caused these problems here , harping on about Europe :emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch

19. Greenarmyjoe

I suppose i better go do some work.. :emoticon-0176-smoke

20. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You are right: it's all about Brexit but not necessarily in the way you mean.

It seems misguided Labour voters are abandoning their traditional party to vote Conservative to ensure they get Brexit. What sort of Brexit will then solely be down to the hardcore extremists running the negotiations.

Meanwhile, moderate and modern Tories like me will be voting Lib Dem or for anyone else who's anti Brexit.

Strange times.