1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Im not hurt that we are out of the Euros as that was a certain bet we would not stay IN..don't need a referendum for that..

2. Greenarmyjoe

The older people who voted out were going on the past, saying we fought 2 world wars to get us here.. They have voted on the PASt hundred years, were they should have voted for the Future 100 years.. Its the future that counts, the past is the past

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Totally agree with that Joe and have said exactly that myself. I don't want to fall out with anyone particularly either over this but I will not forgive them when all my finances fall apart which I worked fecking hard for for all of my life. I hope these older folk live long enough to explain to their unemployed grandchildren why they can't get a job or somewhere decent to live no matter how they try but that they did what they did for their own good.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Well i dont think its for their own good. as what are they going to achieve?

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hear the Farmers are now dripping that they won't be able to pick in their crops due to the labour not being allowed into the Country, Can't see the problem myself. There are thousands of people in this country dripping that these foreigners were taking their jobs well now there will be plenty for them to get on with. All they have to do is be pointed in the right direction by the Benefit Agency.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Exactly, If the farmer puts a few Tvs in the fields they will soon get up there?
    I see Visa may pull the plug and lots jobs lost.. its endless and the damage it will do..

Did you see that twat Farage at the EU today.. he is full of it..

7. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I for one do not want to be controlled by the corrupt EU, I believe in freedom and democracy and my Dad and Uncles fought for it, that's why Joe you can be on here whinging like all the other petulant remainers because you lost ! ..... Glad we voted out !

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No they didn't Mrs J they fought because they were told to and in those days everybody virtually did what they were told. This is not the 1940s. Corrupt EU or corrupt MPs.....hmmmm. Frying pan fire me thinks. The "petulant remainers because you lost" thing is like saying if you mention immigration you are racist. Neither is true. It is an opinion that this country will go tits up and we are better in than out. One of the two sides will be right and you had better hope it's you.

Welcome home by the way:emoticon-0139-bow:

9. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nice to hear from you jools.......I was beginning to wonder where Plymouths 60% vote leave voters had disappeared to.

I can't believe that sensible feels we only fought in the last war because we where told to.....Europe was under the power of Germany (Nazis) and we would sit back and let it roll over us....that didn't happen thank God.

Now it's Germany (Federalism) guiding Europe towards the United States of Europe.... who they are dominating.....it feels that they have found another way to crack a nut and until now everyone has succumbed to the ploy.

Stay around jools.....I promise not to mention football.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Remind me which countries provided quite a few pilots in the Battle of Britain? Don't bother I remembered. They were Poles and Czechs weren't they.

11. Greenarmyjoe

Glad we got you back on Jools.. a nice debate and you pop up. Hope your ok and going to stay for the season.. Im IN

12. Greenarmyjoe

I agree these people fought in the war and people lost their lives. I am grateful. But that was the past.. we need to move on and think of the future. What will the future generations have to do? We will be losing lots of jobs now over this.. We wil all suffer in some way.. Keep Boris out he wants to be another hitler.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Mrs jools, we are moving up to your Business park soon lol ... so i will see you <grr><grr>:emoticon-0162-coffe

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

That's correct ......they came to us because Nazi Germany had taken over their countries and we where still free ....and freedom is the key word now.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you think that the ordinary man in the street merrily went off to a war that thousands wouldn't come back from for some idiological ideal then you are more barking than I first thought. The vast majority in the 1930's probably knew very little if anything about "The Germans" (is that the ones who bombed your chip shop?). They probably had a bit more on their mind like feeding their families given the Welfare State didn't exist. People went and died because Politicians decided that would happen. To use that excuse of people died for you stuff for the year 2016 is frankly rubbish. It ended 60 years ago. A low question I know but can I ask you why you didn't sign on for a full 22 years when you did your National Service Plym? You did the time because you were told to didn't you. If you were that convinced of the patriotic calling then surely you would have joined anyway and stayed. You know you wouldn't have. The War and who did what for whatever reason has nothing whatsoever to do with now.

Lets see where this vote takes the UK. I think it will take it backwards and the Country will suffer for it. You think we will prosper and will be able to draw up the drawbridge and keep johnny foreigner out. Time will tell. When you get Boris the Buffoon as your leader then don't blame others just look in the mirror. I will never vote for a party who selects him as their chief and I suspect nor will a lot of others.

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

35 years in the RN so believe I am qualified to speak on this subject. Clearly we are all grateful to the veterans, and those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, who ensured we survived two world wars pretty much intact. Yes, the older generation are entitled to their vote but the country needs to look to the future not the past. A united europe (in the broadest sense) has to be safer and more secure place than an isolated small island that no longer has sufficient Armed services to defend itself. To suggest that Germany is having another go at world domination, is frankly ludicrous.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

So you remember that we were told we could stay in the single market but not have freedom of labour? France, Germany and the Council President say no.

So you remember we were told that we still be able to buy BMW and Mercedes cars? Matthias Wissmann, from the German Automotive Industry Association says the the UK will have to accept free movement of labour.

And don't get me started on the fictional £350m a week.

Funny that all the pre-referendum pledges have been removed from the Leave website isn't it?

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

BMW's and Mercs will be sold to us whatever happens ....German jobs depend on it happening.....freedom of movement has remotely nothing to do with that.....remember that Cameron & Osbourne's project of fear lost the day and things will settle down when these panic scenarios run there course and Remain leaders start to calm down.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Well if we stay in the single market . it will be almost the same rules we had in The EU.. We need to stay in the single market.. or does Boris think we must opt out.. Hope fully he does not get the PM job and goes and hides away for a long time.. I dont know much of the Crabb standing, but i saw an interview with him and he seems to be ok and he is young... We will have to see.. i said my bit in an earlier post a few days ago about the past and that is why so many voted..We need to think ahead.. not back wards. but we are heading backwards now..

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Good evening Planet Zog :emoticon-0102-bigsm it would seem that the EU is beginning to crumble as Germany now want a referendum too, or else I would have been back on here saying "I told you so " :emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil