1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep Joe. With all due respect James this isn't the job centre it's a football chat site.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Upset in the Checkatrade EFL Trophy.....Shrewsbury...0-1...Lincoln,

Shrewsbury going for at least a play-off spot in Div 1 didn't get much luck against Div 2 Lincoln who are pushing for a play-off spot themselves (6th at the moment).

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Sensible, there is not to many that work on our forum? You never know what you could be delivering?? Could be anything or anyone :confused:

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hither Green Burglary.
    I have been watching this case unfurl over the days.
    Having broken into Mr Osborn-Brooks's house one burglar, Vincent, threatened him with a screwdriver keeping him in the kitchen whilst his mate went upstairs, where Mr Osborn-Brooks's wife suffering from dementia was sleeping......Mr Osborn-Brooks fought back and Vincent eventually bled to death outside on the pavement.
    The Police arrested Mr Osborn-Brooks on suspicion of murder bur released him with no further action taken.
    This Traveller family clan threatened Mr Osborn-Brooks over the death and the police boarded up his house and put him and his wife into a secure house.

BUT.....mounted police have been patrolling the neighbourhood since the traveller clan made a memorial opposite the house pinning up about twenty flower bouquets and balloons in memory of Vincent. Neighbours tore it all down....and the travellers came back and put it all up again.....and promptly it was pulled down again....and so it goes on.....a blatant threat to Mr Osborn-Brooks, opposite his house.
    The police are searching for the other burglar....they know who he is....and his van was found burnt out in Star Lane, St Mary Cray a down market part of Orpington which believe it or not is the area that this Traveller Clan live....can you believe it burning the van on your own back door step.
    Star Lane can be used as a cut through to Swanley avoiding the congested main roads.....but you do it at the risk of getting a brick through your windscreen from 'playing' traveller kids.....this area as been a dumping ground for unwanted families for over 30 years by Bromley Council....and have now turned it into a ghetto.
    Hither Green is within 20/25 minutes of Star Lane and seen as part of their thieving area.....many a stolen car has been found burnt out there.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hither Green Burglary.
    Last night, a source close to the Vincent's family claimed the horse-drawn funeral procession will pass the house. The unnamed source said It's a message to locals and the guy who killed him.
    Mr Osborn-Brooks will eventually sell the house....it is not a place that he will ever feel safe again in......problem is who the hell would want to buy it....with the possibility of bricks through the window or even a burning rag through the letter box at any time....these people never forget and know the police have no muscle to protect people like Mr Osborn-Brooks and his ill wife long term.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hither Green Burglary.
    Tensions rose yesterday after relatives of career criminal Henry Vincent again left floral tributes near the house where he was killed.
    A vigilante who says he has had death threats after ripping down tributes to Vincent claims he has recruited 25 ex-military personnel to "eliminate" the supporters.
    Iain Gordon has vowed to "cause as much disruption as possible" at Vincent's funeral.
    Yesterday about 20 women from the traveller community, carrying placards, balloons and flowers, gathered close to the scene to mark what would have been Vincent's 38th birthday. They were flanked by youths, many with covered faces.
    The women and youths clashed with officers and angry locals in the south London neighbourhood of Hither Green as residents demanded they "go away".
    A 37-year-old woman, who didn't want to be named, said: "We're here because it's his birthday, we just want to lay flowers. We don't want to cause any violence,"
    She added: "we're not all criminals. We don't all do wrong."
    The travellers refused to respond to claims Vincent would be honoured with a £100,000 funeral, or that the cortege would pass by Mr Osborn-Brooks's home. The travellers eventually left the street in a fleet of cars.
    Mr and Mrs Osborn-Brooks's are understood to be in a safe house and planning to sell their property.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan will be replaced in June be Joey Barton !!!
    Sheridan was brought in to save Fleetwood from relegation.....he did that with some to spare....Fleetwood moved quickly into mid-table.
    Joey Barton's first management job....as a player he was always on a short fuse.....as a manager he'll probably go into orbit before Christmas.....can a leopard change it's spots....can Barton be cool and collected under pressure....we shall see.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just been reading about the fee Exeter are looking to pick up for the young lad Ampadu who went to Chelsea last year. Exeter are a bit pee'd off about the sum which is potentially £2.5m and a 20% add on for any subsequent sell on from there. To be honest I can't say I blame them. The initial payment will be around £1.3m with the rest of it dependant on whatever else the lad does. He has already played Internationally so that's already in the initial payment. I guess the rest will depend on appearances for Chelsea.

The 20% isn't guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone remember Dan Gosling and Newcastle forgetting to sort out his signature thus making him a free agent and Argyle getting diddly squat for their sell on. Lets face it Chelsea are hardly strapped for cash and them losing £2.5m is nothing. I doubt they actually need to make any profit themselves. So Exeter find him. Exeter bring him through. Exeter play him at a very young age taking a chance. They infact do all the work. Along comes a Premiership Club and just waltzes off with the player for what is next to nothing in transfer fees and there is nothing Exeter can do about it. I'd be pissed off as well if it were me.

9. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

And there, in a nut shell, is the problem-and there is absolutely nothing that non premiership clubs can do about it.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Quote of the evening from Martin Keown. "Arsenal got their noses in front but then shot themselves in the foot."

Top punditry from the big man

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

11. notDistantGreen

Donald Trump has tweeted that America's friends should support its bid for the 2026 World Cup. He says "It would be shame if countries we always support were to lobby against the U.S. bid. Why should we be supporting those countries when they don't support us (INCLUDING AT THE UNITED NATIONS)".

Bit strong isn't it linking foreign policy to sporting events? America First is one thing but you'd hope the leader of the free world had a better moral compass than that.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Is there such a thing as twat tweet? Trump is a donkey who only deserves a job on Blackpool Sands.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Last day of April.....or is it the last day of January ?......miserably cold....about 41f but feels colder in the wind.....very wet....raining all the time....darkish and need the lights on and finger hovering over the CH button.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

For the first time in any I can remember we put our heating back on yesterday. We do economy 7 so it has to be a conscious decision to put it on. We had switched it off and thought that was it until the next Winter/late Autumn. I'm probably going to have to spend some of my heating allowance on it this year. Bleddy cheek I call that...................

15. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible get a new gas fired central heating system in place for next winter. That wont break the bank around 4k.. With the pension and the heating allowance easily afforded for the pensioners.. very wealthy all of them.. Eco 7 is an expensive system to run .. Gas is cheaper.. :eek::eek:

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not if you run it properly it isn't.

17. notDistantGreen

Electricity is about 3 times the cost of gas per unit of heat - or was last time I checked

One reason why cold fill washing machines and the like are a fraud on the consumer.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Always use gas if its available. Yep dishwashers are the same Not distant. How are they A+++ rated :eek:

Hope fergie Recovers from his surgery and wish him well.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Electric will make you poor....our electric bills are bigger than our gas bills.

All hot water and C/H on gas.

Electric oven and hob....no gas available in the kitchen unfortunately.

20. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023