1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just been reading about Aston Villa on the beeb football site. They seem to be in all manner of trouble at the minute and the way things are going could end up in Administration at this rate. Looking at their outgoings it's not that much of a surprise but I see it does involve an Oriental element once more. That sounds familiar. Good old John Terry does a good disappearing trick once the lifeboats are being checked over in case of use. I suspect their supporters are watching this space with a bit of dread.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Villas cash flow problems at the moment is down to the Chinese Government having placed restrictions on the Villa owner moving money out of China, not that Dr Tony Xia the owner and Chairman has personally any financial problems.
    £4.2 million is a big bill to owe HMRC in unpaid taxes and they weren't happy that Villa missed a regular tax payment last Friday.
    The big problem for Villa at the moment is the disappointment of missing out on promotion at the play-off final at Wembley recently....big bucks lost on not achieving that.....plus the suspension of CEO Keith Wyness by the owner.....also Manager Steve Bruce doesn't know where he stands at the moment regarding the coming season.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I've just watched for 50 minutes one of my favourite TV programmes being subjected to those idiots Jedward....don't you just want to get your hands around their necks and ring the life out of them...what stupid morans......I think the programme producers expected them to blow out in the first round....dickheads.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Think it's quite appropriate plym. The programme is called pointless isn't it. How thick can a pair of people be and still manage to put one foot in front of another, move and remain upright at the same time.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Scotland beat England at cricket.....good grief how low can they fall.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Watched the charity match this evening and boy there weren't half some donkeys playing and that was just the ex pros. Still, all in a good cause so can't be too critical.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Checked weather forcast earlier, low possibility of precipitation (rain to you and me)....Met Office and BBC weather for Orpington both say less than 5% chance of the wet stuff.
    Done washing, placed in on the line and yes you've guessed right it's Bleaging raining.

Checked websites again now that I've come in....and would you believe it both damn sights are now saying 80% plus chance of rain now....what are they using grannies bunion or a bit of seaweed....or is it multi-million £ state of the art equipment.

Just shows that there is an higher authority in charge of the weather.

PS.....sun is trying to come out now....it's also a bit windy out there...pot plants being blown over.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I have an app on my phone called Rain Alarm. It warns you of rain nearby but you can also see live weather radar pics. It's been pretty clear the showers have been very small but very intense. Hard to know where they are going to pop up I guess.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

nice and sunny here just cut the lawn :emoticon-0104-surpr

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just when I was about to pop round and cut it for you Joe. Still, never mind there's always another day.

Plym the reason it changed to 80% is somebody looked out of the window and saw the damp pavement. Picked up the girls from school today and spent over an hour out on the park running around after a tennis ball. When I could have done with rain stopped play it bleddy didn't.

11. notDistantGreen

Clearly they've confused you with the family dog. It explains the small black plastic bags too.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Janet Darby Labour won the by-election in Lewisham East last Thursday.....she was chosen from a short list of black and ethnic minority women.
    That probably answers my question of why there was such a low turn out (33%)....other than voting for another party many labour voters just stayed at home.
    Is that Labours idea of equality....I doubt if they would have won anywhere else without having such a huge majority from the general election.

13. notDistantGreen

At least she's said she will vote against Brexit. A shame others don't have the the courage of their convictions.

14. notDistantGreen

Here we go, as predicted and as dismissed as scaremongering.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44570931

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Scaremongering over scaremongering comes to mind.....looking at the worst possible scenario....not from a UK viewpoint...we just need stronger government to stand up for, and continue the will of the people...which was leave.

16. notDistantGreen

So you say.... history will tell the story. Do you think the French have any natural desire to have a large part of Airbus in the UK? It came here when the BAe was a major shareholder. It isn't any more.

If Airbus moved the UK operation to the word's biggest aviation market, in the USA, where it already has a manufacturing base, it would help insulate it from the gathering protectionist storm being generated by Donald Trump. The US regularly backs Boeing in accusations against Airbus of government subsidisation. It's also threatened Canadian Bombardier and its operations in Northern Ireland. Makes a lot of sense from the Airbus point of view, why wouldn't you?

17. notDistantGreen

Oh and I forgot the currency exposure issue. It makes no sense to have part of the cost base denominated in STG when Airbus' main markets are in EUR and USD. UK costs will have taken a major hit from the fall in the pound since the Referendum and that's likely only to get worse as UK growth drops even further behind the rest of the world post Brexit than it is now.

The same logic applies of course to using Rolls Royce engines and the other components made in the UK. I think the undercarriage for some Airbuses is made here isn't it?

I repeat, why wouldn't you?

18. Greenarmyjoe

BMW are going to be next to go..

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Course they won't. Boris said so.

My missus went with a friend to a casualty centre last week. The male nurse who was on was quite a jolly bloke so she said. They got talking whilst he put a dressing on the friend's arm and he was really scathing about GPs and their so called practices and that load of people he knew were "going home". By that he meant the johny foreigners who were not welcome but were propping up the NHS. He reckoned that no matter how much was pumped in the crisis in numbers would soon come home to roost and with possible collapse of it all. Of course it won't. Boris said so.

If people don't recognise the signs in the news recently then they are just naive. Reminds me of that Nero story about a burning City. It probably didn't happen. Boris didn't mention it.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Well the problem is and was that all the Gullible out gang .. took note of Boris, Now they have realised and want another vote?

Send Boris to Russia , think we may be better off moving to Russia