1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

our first win !!

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

at last such a relief ,the monkey is off the manager and players back. two well taken goals ,good performances from Alex, Angol, Docherty, Norburn and Emmanuel .
    the new right back looks solid, nice link up play from the midfield , most of Angol efforts resulted in saves,if you wont to be critical he could have done better with a close range header and the one shoot on the edge of the box, but he was getting in the right places and showed good awareness .
    lets us hope this will be a springboard too results matching performances

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Agreed, Zen - a very solid and encouraging display. This will give the manager and the team a lot more confidence. Docherty was playing higher up the pitch and seems to be a more natural finisher than any midfielder we have had for along time -he was my MOTM. I was also impressed by Emmanuel in both attack and defence and Angol is coming along nicely and was very unfairly treated by the referee. It is too early to get carried away by one victory but, if we keep playing like we have the last two games, we could be looking at a mid - table finish and hoping to build the nucleus of a good young side for next season.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

Portsmouth game town 12 shots 1 shot on target , southend town 14 shots 7 shots on target
    now it is about building on the result, with consistency , been more clinical in front of goal, cutting out the silly fouls,and improving fitness.

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. Matster

Forum Moderator

Enjoyable game barring twenty minutes in the first half. Oddly Whalley was probably our worst player in that match. Emmanuel looks a great loan signing from Ipswich. Docherty deserved MoM award, but Angol and Gilliad also played well. Gilliad needs to sort his final ball out and get himself some goals and assists.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  6. Zenfootball2

Whalley has been outstanding but i agree it was not his best game.

7. Matster

Forum Moderator

What a difference a good win makes to fan's opinions around Shrewsbury!

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  8. Zenfootball2

yes it does and let us hope we can now be more consistent and build on it. i think if we dont then the mood will quickly change, i dont know why but it is my impression that a number of fans did not wont askey and right from the start have been negative and they are hyper critical and seem to to wont him sacked.

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

A lot are still hurting over Hurst and not giving a toss about Wembley, losing 70% of the squad since his departure. Quite a few are enjoying what's happening in Suffolk too.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  10. Zenfootball2

we have a huge thread on Ipswich and some fans take a clear pleasure in the clubs poor form since Hurst joined them, it is also understandable that fans are suffering the reaction off a nearly getting promoted and the subsequent dismantling of the squad. i do understand all of it and the raised hopes that last season gave us.
    but what are the odds we will have another season like that again.

Matster likes this.