1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Our new striker

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Oct 4, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Ole has acknowledged that we need a striker in the next window, so who do you reckon he will go for.

My own thoughts would be for us to take Mario Mandzukic on a two-year deal, to use him as our front man for the rest of this season and to keep him on to add strength on the bench and as back-up for any new strikers. In the longer term I can see us going for Kane or Haaland

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Personally think Ibrahimovic would do to the end of the season, rather than Mandzukic.

luvgonzo likes this.
  3. glazerfodder

Might be a better move, if only from the perspective that losing his shirt number again might piss Martial off so much that he might want to leave too. Win win.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

The fact that we went into the season with only one striker in the squad, a 17 year old who had never started a first team game, was ****ing stupid.

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

more relevantly thinking Martial & Rashford were CF's was ****ing stupid .

6. glazerfodder

I just think that Lukaku and Sanchez had become too toxic to have around, regardless of the long-term outcome for the season. Keeping them would have worsened an already bad atmosphere and I reckon Ole thought it best to get rid and suffer the consequences rather than have any of the new signings fall under their influence. I don't believe it was coincidence that Lukaku and Sanchez both ended up at the same club.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

One of them has to be!

I've always thought Martial had the capabilities to do do it but he saw his arse when Zlatan came along and, instead if trying to learn for him, sulked.

Never been the same since.

When he's fit though, got to be him as all that Rashford is doing in the meantime is proving he's not up to it. Rashford has a job on his hands competing with Dan James for the left side attack position. He's probably better off trying to play on the right, where we have absolutely ****ing no one capable of filling that position.

He's then even more out of position!

cytrax likes this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is spot on! Right side of the field is more or less vacant at the moment and it makes complete sense to use Rashford there instead of compromising James' development on the left simply to try to accommodate Rashford.

I also agree that Martial is far more equipped to deal with demands of being No 9 than anyone else at the club with Mason as backup. Rashford is wasted there.