1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our next 5 games....how many points?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

So our next 5 league games are....

Plymouth away - Win
    Wycombe away - Win
    Oxford home - Win
    Sunderland away - Win
    Rotherham Home - Draw

Christ, I'm predicting 13 points from a max of 15!!

I honestly can't see any of them teams being better than us and i think our squad depth will start to tell.

Interested to find out all your predictions for the above games.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

2-1 Town x5!!!

What else do you expect from me?!

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Plymouth away - Win
    Wycombe away - Loss
    Oxford home - Win
    Sunderland away - Draw
    Rotherham home - Loss

Attacking wise, we have nothing to fear in this division. We will score goals and I think we have scored in every league game this season - especially over the last month. Defensively, I’m still worried that we’re vulnerable to organised teams and I’m still to be fully convinced that Paul Cook and the coaching staff are the best tacticians.

I think the big, physical sides who play direct football well - and have talented managers like Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe and Paul Warne at Rotherham - will take their chances against our defence. This club’s League One record against the better, in-form clubs has been poor since our relegation from the Championship a few years ago. Hopefully with a brand new squad, and the better players we’ve brought in, we can start to pick up points against the good League One teams and really compete towards the top of the table. Either way, it’ll be entertaining with plenty of goals!

4. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Fair analysis Nuggets, we do struggle with direct play; Toto is one long ball away from a howler and Edmundson nearly gifted the ball instead of simply hoofing away a direct ball he had v fleetwood. Perhaps burgess will be ideal for those big tough teams like Wycombe. I’ll have to have a proper study of the stats to make any predictions! All I know is there will be plenty of goals and probably at both ends!