1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our next manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sweats, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think this season should give an idea of his abilities.

Another transfer window in January and then get to season end and see how we/he's done.

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Normally you work your way up, same as in everything. I ran a successful business, if I wanted a new Operations manager I wouldn't pick the guy who had been doing a stellar job in logistics. That is what we have done, we have taken a fantastic player, a legend at the club,a manager who couldn't find a job in the PL after his lack of success with Cardiff, and we've handed him one of the top manager's jobs in the footballing world. It was always a heart over head appointment and, for as much as we all willed it otherwise, it was always a question of whether he could manage at this level.

Management isn't just about looking the part on the touchline and in post-match interviews - it's about having the right people in key positions and overseeing what they do, not individual meddling or micro-managing the whole operation. We should have picked Ole as DOF, that's what he's good at, he's a footballer who had some experience of the managerial side of the game. He is out of his depth, this is the same (and improved by the presence of Maguire, wan Bissaka and James) bunch of players that were banging them in - now we are shedding points like there is no tomorrow. That isn't the chef's fault, that isn't the press office's fault, that isn't Woodward's fault - the buck stops with Ole. It didn't work, get rid, move on. Next manager please..

cytrax likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Not always the case.

https://www.bdfutbol.com/en/l/l581.html

4. glazerfodder

I think that after Catania and moving to AM he's enjoyed that thing called success - not many clubs change a successful manager do they?

cytrax likes this.
  5. LuisDiazgamechanger

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

please log in to view this image

Allegri is currently taking a short break from footbal

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I didn't understand Luvgonzo's message with that link.

Even with Simone's first half season with Atletico, he still enjoyed a decent win ratio.

For me, a measure of a good manager is not about when things are going your way like Ole's first ten games. But what do they do to generate response from a shaken team. This was the hallmark of the past United team and something that the fans had come to expect. But now, it has become a slippery slope of continuous sh*show. That is Ole's inability to motivate the team to get a response. The fact that we haven't scored more than one goal since opening day illustrates how bad it is.

Now, as I've said before, I think we have a great chance of getting a result at home against Liverpool because it is the kind of game that motivates the players without the manager saying much - it wouldn't change the fact that Ole ain't the man to turn our fortunes around.

8. glazerfodder

I think he was trying to suggest that it wasn't always the case that successful managers worked their way up.

I'm with you regarding this weekend, especially as we might have a few returning from injury (thankfully not Pogba) so there should be some more invention to our game. Incidentally, now that DDG seems to be injured, Sky have produced a stat that shows that we actually play better without him -

ddg.JPG

luvgonzo likes this.
  9. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I normally expect the worst from this game. Don't feel quite the same way this time around, but there's always the sting in the tail possible from you lot <grr>

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

My point is that they stuck with him and he's gone on to do very well, he also didn't have a lot of experience before Athletico.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I've been invited by my client/mate again on Sunday. My track record at OTstinks, though.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Sample of 283 vs 29 matches is somewhat useless analysis in my opinion. 29 of the other matches will also include player lower teams that we should always perform better against with DG coming in for the harder games.

However, I always like Romero in goal. He's always dependable. Everyone has written us off for this game but I personally like our odds sending them packing. We are due for a response from the team. 9 fkin points!!!

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I've made the case for Brendan Rodgers before and everyone thought it would be a stupid idea. With He continues to kill it while we sit here wallowing in our tears of how long it will take to rebuild even with our vast resources.

After today's result, if I were the board at United, I would go all out for him over anyone else in the market. He is exactly what we need!