1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our World Today

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And Derek Hatton has been suspended again.....................hurray!!!!!!

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ah well completely unsurprising. Apparently he made anti-Jewish and as we know, the Labour Party takes a very clear line on that sort of thing.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Back in 2012 as well.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He always was a trend setter.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been working in the garden this afternoon......changed into shorts after awhile.....Temperature at 3pm was 64f (in the shade) and a cloudless sunny sky.

Met Office tells me for this area it is....cloudy and 51f....checked BBC and they said roughly the same ?

My little part of the world doesn't have as far as I know its own little micro climate .....so should I rely on my seaweed/ bunions (haven't got any) or check that my temperature gauge isn't stuck from last year . Maybe the Met Office are using an old bit of seaweed left over from last year or their sophisticated computer system needs resetting (or a kicking).....but I cannot see the clouds that are supposed to be in the sky.....I can only assume that I've read the temperature wrong (upside down maybe) and it's hot flushes that I'm going through.....good job I don't borrow their computer to do my predictions.

6. notDistantGreen

So 51F, that's about where aluminium melts isn't it?

Moving on from the wind up, I know 25 C is a hot day for the UK but 38 C for someone's temperature, is that hypothermia or "have we got any paracetamol" territory? No idea.

I buy meat and fish by the kilo but is a 1m 50 man a midget or a Titan? No idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am in Kent next week so I hope the temperatures and mild non blowy weather continues. I can't be doing with all this metric stuff and can never remember if the weather is F or C either. It's hot or it's bleddy not is my guide. I am 5 ft 10 ins tall and weigh in at around 13 stone. No comments about being a short fat barsteward please. I buy food in pounds and ounces and I don't care what they change it to I will still do all those things when measuring. I sometimes even find myself converting new money into old money to check a comparison on how much something has gone up. I will probably never change now.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sounds as if you should have voted Brexit with those values.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't bleddy wind me up I've been drinking...............

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Was that a pint glass or 500ml glass.....just asking.......or one of those German litre tankards...or even a litre horn.....just asking....:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:...<ale><ale><ale><ale>...:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think.

11. notDistantGreen

Neither, a leather-made flagon of mine host's finest foaming ale and a roasted pig snout I'll be bound.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Lets not get carried away chaps. It was a wine glass not a pint although I might have a pint of wine it is in stages in a smaller glass. I'll also have you know I have never been bound notdistant. I don't go in for all that flagonating stuff. I'm not a pervert.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Schools are warning parents to keep an eye on what their children are watching on YouTube after a suicide game reportedly appeared in seemingly innocent videos such as Peppa Pig.

Teachers used social media to draw attention to the "highly inappropriate" clips showing a creepy character called Momo,which has bulging eyes and a distorted mouth. The character was originally created by a Japanese special effects company but has been appropriated by internet trolls. It is not known who has been posting the videos, but in them Momo encourages children to hand over their mobile numbers before setting "challenges" involving self harm and eventually suicide. It has been linked to the death of a 12 year-old girl in Argentina.

A YouTube spokesman said: "We have not received any evidence of videos showing or promoting the Momo challenge on YouTube. Content of this kind would be removed immediately."

National Online Safety said it had been contacted by hundreds of concerned schools and parents.

Daily Telegraph...28/02/2019.

My thoughts.....This has been going around my granddaughters school....and obviously upsetting some children.....Who the hell gets enjoyment from doing this sought of trolling thing......warped minded low life who need tracking down and dealing with....they'd probably only get a slap across the knuckles and told not to do it again in this present society.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You already know that the answer is a moron Plym. I'd remind you of the one we used to have "is the coffin dodger dead yet? You know the sort of thing I mean. Hiding behind a keyboard and proud of it is who they are. There is no depth some will not stoop to.

15. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

If anyone could update me on the Brexit situation. Thanks.

16. notDistantGreen

No need to panic BC. We have a whole 3 weeks to sort it out.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There's gonna be a vote I think. Or did they say goat? Not sure we could be in or out and even possibly shake it all about.

Went over the Channel from Dover the other day. Not a dinghy in sight. Think there might be a new ploy now which is submarine dinghies.

18. AWAY IN BC

Well that explains it all Mr. Okie Kokie no idea how to spell that one, but you get my drift. left foot in Etc.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

How about Hokey cokey......(Chambers Dictionary)

20. AWAY IN BC

Ah that sounds better Hokey Cokey The Wife's Canadian and doesn't understand, the shake it all about bit Lol