Our World Today

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Active Member

It can't be zero Joe otherwise they'll be able to haul you up on your way to work on Monday morning when you had 2 G&Ts and a half bottle of wine at Sunday lunchtime. If they can't catch the criminals, they criminalise the ones they can catch.

They need to enforce the laws we have first. Random breath tests outside pubs & clubs on Friday and Saturday night would be a good start.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I would be zero Notdistant as dont bother with the drink .. hardly touch it so i would be fine..agree with the comment totally..

Yes agree with the random testing.. also in the mornings as people are still over. I sent one of our lads home last week, he never drove to work but was stinking of it so that is no good for us.. He has one chance left and then bye bye .. Entitled to drink but dont forget the job the next day, not good for a customer to smell that on him... then expect to work on their appliance...

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If it's zero Joe....you'll have to stay away from the wine gums.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2 years extra on the Euro sentence and not a word on here. Somebody's falling over in their work. Poor old Nigel is beside himself.............

Having said the above, it's looking less likely the planet will be here after the two plonkers have their nuclear punch up. We might never make the divorce.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Still trying to get to grips with what it means....cannot understand how Brexiteers can go along with this....EU greediness will not give an inch on anything....some of them want four times 20 billion euros just as a starting point....personally it shows that we have a spineless government regarding negotiating a good deal for the UK....I can see Corbyn becoming PM one day and it will be the Tories fault....gutless crowd of nobodies.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Active Member

You were told at the start that Europe would be intransigent and extract a high price for any succour to an otherwise threatened UK economy. That was true. (NB Moody's have just reduced the UK's credit rating AGAIN.)

You were told at the start that we'd be £350m a week better off by leaving. That was a lie.

Contrary to popular opinion, a small cadre of hardcore Brexiteers don't run the country, or shouldn't be allowed to, and, contrary to the mindless "Brexit means Brexit" slogan, most of the electorate didn't know what Brexit would mean or didn't care as long as the country was ethnically cleansed

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Former Chancellor George Osborne was targeted by a notorious moped mugging gang, a court heard yesterday.

The teenagers did 103 robberies across London, threatening victims with a hammer and a tyre iron as they took their mobiles.

Tory Mr Osbourne, now editor of the Evening Standard, was near the BBC's Broadcasting House when one of them tried to snatch his phone in May.

In a victims impact statement read in Southwark crown court, he said, "I was unharmed but felt shocked and stunned".

Claude Parkinson, 18, and youths of 16 and 15 who cannot be named, of Islington, admit conspiracy to commit robbery.

They were remanded in custody for sentencing.

My thoughts....wow I can think of quite a few people who would of paid handsomely to get their hands on Osbourne's phone....those young thugs could have retired in style.