1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OVER & under 70'S THREAD ....inc: BCFC NOT 606 PUB BAR news

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough to live within the Mendip Hills AONB. Over the weekend there were loads of Peacock butterflies around, more than I've ever seen before!
    It's at times like this you really should look at and appreciate what the natural world has to offer.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I generally see 3 or 4 different ones in and around Priddy mostly the area of the mineries meadow browns orange tips brimstone [ a good sign as they are near my house as well 16 miles as the crow flies ] top end of the gorge and down Draycott steep also other good area for diversity... also a number of great crested newts and later in summer snipe , nightjars are common in stockhill woods especially early summer also know of an area with 3 rare plants and 3 orchids and a not in the gorge area of cheddar pinks! and to boot dormice ….

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Jg2
    I've been to Deerleap again today with Mrs R. The birdsong today was incredible.

4. johngalleyfan2

well, thanks to those moronic self centred DCAF's over the weekend Boris and the crew have had to act spontaneously and clamp down ..sooner than expected …. I am not a horder or panic buyer but have carefully negotiated around likely hotspots to finish off my shopping of things I need to accomplish 12 weeks solitary confinement, I have 1 final mission AND THIS TO A STORE THAT SHOULD NOT BE OVERCROWDED … it is like the keystone of all my projects for the coming weeks …………… hopefully it will not be as most peeps will be invading the local supermarket for the 10th time in ten days so my way will hopefully be clear!!!!!
    the next thing will be the army … !
    apparently the nation has done almost 10 weeks shopping in just a few days …. where the hell do they store it. I have a 4 bedroom house and was looking where I might store 2 hundred toilet rolls let alone the equivalent annual diet of your average Chinese families Rice or Italian families pasta ..
    ……….
    TODAY 23/3/2047 Sydney Smith celebrates a very special day. It is the day he opens the last pack of Bog rolls his mother bought him ……..

A vampire bat came flapping in from the night, face all covered in fresh blood and parked himself on the roof of the cave to get some sleep.
    Pretty soon all the other bats smelt the blood and began hassling him about where he got it.
    He told them to pee off and let me get some sleep, but they persisted until he finally gave in.
    OK, follow me, he said and flew out of the cave with hundreds of bats behind him.
    Down through a valley they went, across a river and into a huge forest.
    Finally he slowed down and all the other bats excitedly milled around him tongues hanging out for blood. "Do you see that large oak tree over there?" he asked. "YES, YES, YES!!!!" the bats all screamed in a frenzy. "Good!" said the blood splattered bat,
    "Because I f***ing didn"t."

Breaking news: It has been revealed that the real father of Beyoncé is in fact 70’s & 80’s entertainer Roy Castle.
    While she has accepted the findings, she’s refusing to take his surname......

5. johngalleyfan2

next time look out for the peregrines... you might be lucky to see one catch a pigeon ...beware the odd orchid later in the year if you wander around!!!

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

BCFCRob likes this.
  7. johngalleyfan2

very alarming figures IF I was one of the IQ zero's of the weekend and they return home and those around them become pockets of infections i would hate that on my conscience ……………. actually it probably wouldn't as being amoebic brainless twerps they wouldn't have one

8. johngalleyfan2

Mountain Rescue England and Wales response to
    Coronavirus, COVID
    -
    19 (Updated 21.3.20)
    Mountain Rescue
    England and Wales (MREW)
    is following the national
    health
    protection
    advice and applying it to
    its
    situation
    -
    just like everyone else
    should be doing at this critical time.

A
    lot of MR volunteers have day jobs that will be important in the
    coming weeks and months paramedics, NHS staff etc
    so we need to enable them to stay well and
    focus on that work.
    And we need the
    public’s help to make this possible.

Please avoid all but essential travel and do not to take any
    unnecessary risks. If you are going to go out, you should walk, climb
    or cycle well within your capabilities so that you can keep yourself
    safe and not need us.

If
    you need MR assistance but suspect you
    may have Covid 19 or have
    been in contact with someone who has it then please, tell the Police
    this information as soon as you can when calling 999 for
    help.

“For nearly 90 years, Mountain Rescue has been there to help anyone, free
    of charge, who gets into difficulty in the outdoors,” said Mike France of
    MREW. “Our volunteers want to continue to provide this support to the
    emergency services but that me
    ans they need to stay well themselves. We
    are calling on the public to give us our best chance to do this.”
    ENDS
    This should not be necessary to have to publish stuff like this, as people should be extra careful and stick to staying in doors. A great / the greatest number of rescues by the UK teams is "the general public" experienced individuals do occasionally need rescue and i mean occasionally.

if you have it you shouldn't be out anyway …………. hopefully if they phone and say i have it a drone will drop them a space blanket and supplies for a week!

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

10. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Help coming for the self-employed today. ****ing finally.

Redprintt likes this.

11. johngalleyfan2

DAY 1 OF KEEP THE ERJITS LOCKED UP [ THOUGHT I WOULD PUT A BIT CLOUR BACK INTO OUR LIVES ]
    We have a great forum here and a diversity of interests no pubs and the enjoyment there is the pint the chatter and the odd joke paste your joke pub story days activity your bored rating of the day out of 10 mine so far is 1/10

JOB LOSSES ……………….

Packed in my job at the sewage treatment works today.

To be honest, I was just going through the motions.......

SIGN OF THINGS PAST
    The rain was pouring down. And there standing in front of a big puddle outside the pub, was an old man, drenched, holding a stick, with a piece of string dangling in the water.
    A passer-by stopped and asked, "What are you doing?"
    "Fishing" replied the old man.
    Feeling sorry for the old man, the gent says, "Come in out of the rain and have a drink with me."
    In the warmth of the pub, as they sip their whiskies, the gentleman cannot resist asking,
    "So how many have you caught today?"
    "You're the eighth" says the old man.

SOCIAL DISTANCING
    I've just put all my dogging equipment up for sale on eBay...
    Haven't had any bids so far but there are 12 people watching!........

keep safe keep in ...you bet I will

Supcon72 likes this.
  12. johngalleyfan2

Hold my beer …
    the nitrous di oxide cloud over China an area half the size of Europe [ biggest intensity ] is vastly diminished
    Last night Venus was extremely bright and over head you could see more clearly the milky way almost as clear as I have seen it from mountain tops in the Alps didn't get my binoc's out but might tonight or tomorrow. world CO2 levels may fall by around 0.001% in this crisis … CO2 gets higher naturally as the last of the leaves from Autumn decay around now …. off set by new leaves ! plant more tree's …..
    IMAGINE A WORLD LOCK DOWN FOR 12 WEEKS in the most intense period of growing at the start of the year of new growth … might drop the world temp by 0 .0001 degree with a slow recovery back to "full production" maybe a year, nature can maybe grab something back? for a short while

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  13. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

RoD - unashamedly borrowed the photo you posted above and stuck on my FB feed. Hope you don't mind!! <ok>

wizered, RedorDead and Redprintt like this.
  14. johngalleyfan2

please log in to view this image

15. RedorDead

Pinched from a tweet, from OTIB

Look. The government has been absolutely clear. Stay at home unless you can’t work from home unless you’re not a key worker in which case stay at home unless your boss tells you not to especially if you work in construction in which case stay at home unless you can’t.

Reliant Robin TC2 and BCFCRob like this.
  16. johngalleyfan2

biggest victim to date is one of our over 70's already self isolating PRINCE CHARLES in solitaryin Aberdeenshire he has SHE HASNT ….

17. johngalleyfan2

last day before the big chill so getting my seeds in pots before either cold frame or incubator .. onions beetroot and carrots in the ground with first batch of 10 runner beans ready for the incubator. Will be digging over the last couple of sq m and emptying the compost heap into it. also putting a few tomato seeds in pots AILSA CRAG and SHIRLEY Shirly are "disease free" [ 3rd generation seed ] AILSA a mixture of [ 3rd generation and new ] for pots I have RED ALERT and SOME YELLOW ONES, also not sure where to put them but gardeners delight XYL likes them.

What do you call a Teletubbie that’s been burgled?
    A Tubbie

Someone threw a piece of cheese at my head.
    Not very mature.

recently threw rice at an Indian wedding and accidently started a pilau fight.

Two guys in their mid-twenties are sitting at a bar having a beer. One of the guys says to his buddy, “Man, you really look tired.”
    His buddy says, “Dude, I'm exhausted. My girlfriend wants sex all the time, three, four, even six times a night, every night. She wakes me up at all hours. I just don't know what to do.”
    A fellow about 70, sitting a couple of stools down overheard the conversation.
    He looked over at the two young men and with the wisdom of years says... “Marry her. That'll put a stop to that nonsense! "

18. RedorDead

The corona Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reach Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light?

Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did....

Destroy other markets and be ready to capture them in every way

How to dominate the world quickly?

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

1. Create a virus and the antidote.

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe.

5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries.

6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries.

7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

PS: Pl read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there.

Worth pondering..
    Just Think about this...

How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...

The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...

19. johngalleyfan2

a very interesting conspirancy theory ….

20. johngalleyfan2

help for the self employed … there will a large number of self employed who have shot themselves in the foot .. I know of at least 6 who I worked with that got by using their "accountancy" to prove they only did very little and paid next to no tax … what better way to assess them than say "in your 2 last years your average profit [ amount of wage earned ]" and we will use that as your figure of calculation.... boom boom
    of course if they then say well my living wage was greater than that declared then the axe will drop …. they have to keep records for 5 years or more so will likely have them but unable to say well here they are because that means they fraudulently submitted accounts... one Q on the SELF EMPLOYED annual accounts is have you employed a tax evasive entity and you state final accounts are true ….. and final