1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oxford United 2-1 Port Vale

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by Richmondoufc, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

What a cracking game of football!!

We fully deserved to win this one, an excellent performance alround. We are a much better team with Andy Whing in there, my god we've missed him this season. He clearly scared the life out of the Vale bully boys when he came on. Attacking the East Stand second half 90% of the game was played in the visitor's half as wave after wave of Yellow's attacks finally broke down Vale's resistance, we even had time to misd a penalty.

To say I was not impressed by Vale would be a huge understatement. Is Tom Pope the most overrated player in league 2? What a donkey!! And as for Darren Purse well he clearly has the experience of an old pro but his antics off the ball throughout the entire game prove he's nothing more than a coward who's WAY past his best.

If it wasn't for referee Eddie Ilderton this one would have been over early but he was either intimidated by Vale's giant players or just scared to make a decision. Quite how Sam Morsy stayed on the pitch after stamping on Smalley in clear view of both ref and linesman is beyond me.