1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oxford up next in the league...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Personally think we will win but not going quite so gungho, 3-1 with goals from Bonne, Edmundson and Burns.

2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I agree Spanish, and tonight a convincing strong Team B against the 'U's will give everyone in the whole squad a big lift.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

2-1 Town ......yawn!

COYB

Buckyohare likes this.
  4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Enjoying a pacy, attacking, flowing game tonight. Freddie could have scored, and we have had 8-10 good chances. Barrie playing well. A promising Team B.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Hladky not doing his career any favours

6. Spanish

Just not good enough Yorkie, poor signing imo!

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think we can see where more quality is needed. No Bonne, no finish.

8. Spanish

I think in January we will bring in three max, deffo another striker, as in a number 9 and holding midfielder ( need cover for Bonne and Morsy) plus 1 other

itfcptc likes this.
  9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Agree, think Piggot is a good player but probably needs support around him, not quite as direct as Bonne. Sounds like Norwood isn't in the picture at all and therefore would say need another striker, especially if Bonne has a recall in his loan.

Definitely need someone who could makeup for the potential loss of Morsy also.

Tonight's performance tells me we need a way to get Fraser in the team and get the best out of him. We don't have enough ball players on the field and he's certainly one of them

10. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Sounds like tonight was hard work and harder on the eye. we consistently struggle to put lower level clubs to the sword. And don’t mention Doncaster; I saw that cruncher guy on Twitter saying we are amazing at attacking because we thrashed them; my mum could have scored against them.

We create very few chances which is bad for a team with 4 forwards and two wingbacks.

celina is not ripping through the opposition. Only burns is killing opposition defences. Edward’s is really good now at defending but still hasn’t added to the attack in a meaningful way. And no one has nailed down the 10 in this system of cooks. I wish he’d move Fraser into an 8 In a 3 man midfield and let him advance from there and let Evans into the box for some headers because no one is in there for our crosses except Bonne and he’s swamped when they play 3 at the back.

Its a punters worst nightmare betting on town I’m amazed I’ve made any profit at all but I’ll guess we can draw 2-2 as that’s our default result unless we either thrash them or get thrashed and they score goals pretty effectively so we’re bound to concede…

itfcptc likes this.

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

I watched 1st half and it was surprisingly enjoyable, end to end stuff, us dominating with sllck passing and a good run out for several hopefuls. Pigott buzzed around but needs AN Other alongside and missed several sitters, Barrie impressed, missed chances, and Fraser was in fine form creating much. The one player who IMO deserves a run in Team A.
    KVY injured shoulder again poor man in a clumsy Nouble tackle so Danacien holds RB. Nouble had the grace to go up and properly apologise.

Hladky made several good saves and did nothing wrong 1st half.

Player for player we should be beating L2 oppo of course and inconsistency is our trademark at the moment. So, still much work for PC and coaching staff to do.Tho a pretty useless unnecessary comp for us, it was a win. And nice to see our Freddie & Chambo back on our turf.

If Team A players turn up Saturday, score 1st, I see an entertaining 2-1 win. However, Oxford are a good side and playing well. And they have had no midweek distractions.

We need a 90 mins performance, real team management, energy and commitment from the off.

.....and if the situation demands it, power two up front to cause havoc. So, anothe BigAl 2-1!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Redruth likes this.
  12. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Just a shame, he who shall not be named didn't play. Imagine if he had played a blinder and got a hat trick <somersault>

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I reckon what the pig needs is a bit of arrogance and attitude about him. He’s always smiling even when he misses or gets caught offside and he looks around like he cares what everyone else thinks.

Kept getting into great positions but lacked that edge to hurt the opposition.

14. Spanish

Glad you avoided mentioning his name Redruth, I've only just started recovering from the sleepless nights he caused!!

Redruth and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  15. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Two teams that like to attack and score goals means only one thing....a 0-0 draw.
    Can see this being a cagey affair with both teams happy to not lose.

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

2-2 draw

17. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Do you pay 15 pounds per game ? We pay 29 pounds per league game where I sit (Safc) and we expect 30,000 next Saturday.

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

2-0 Ipswich and continue the march to the top of the table.

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Not usually. Our new owners can see that building back the crowd after a decade of dire football is more important than short term profit on tickets.

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

I share Hampy's optimism and believe that this is a crunch game, win it and we march on with good form, great Club spirit and anything is possible. Top 6 by Christmas certainly, but crucially, showing better results against the top teams. If we produce the kind of attacking flair and robust defence that we have seen recently, and perform over the full 90, and hopefully PC makes astute tactical changes if things need tweaking, then I think a convincing win is really in our reach.

I am revising my forecast to 3-1, sorry BigAl!

Bigalreigned likes this.