1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pablo injured again-gutted!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

I thought his return was going to be a key factor in our performance levels going up a notch,alas Pablo has a return of his thigh injury and will miss the Cardiff game ,probably more !

We need a player like him to unlock tight/10 men defences and without him in the team we sometimes lack imagination .

This injury looks like its going to be a long term thing and that is terrible news,there seems to be a problem that cannot be pin pointed .

Thoughts on Pablo being out yet again ?

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Yeah , is its historic injury ? if so how did the club medical team have any concerns before buying him.I'm afraid the team is weaker with his absence ,just look at the impact he had after coming on v West Ham .I hope he's not going to become a dud because he has a lot to offer .

3. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

:( thats a shame, was really looking forward to seeing him get back into the team and give us something different, guess this means a few more weeks of wingers who can't create anything, yippee

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Time to cut our losses and find a new quality replacement who will be able to play more than 6 games in a row which is a bloody shame because he is our only winger that can offer something different.

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

What was his injury record like at Valencia?, really disappointed with this news.

6. swanselona

Thats a bit harsh, he did after all make 34 (25+3 Premier League) appearances for us last season, so its not like he was always injured, just having a set back with his current injury is all.

7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

But I really wanted him to play tomorrow to tear those arseholes in red a new one <grr>

8. swanselona

Me too mate, he is after all my favourite player :p Pablo has a lot to offer us, just have to let this current injury sort itself out, just been a shame for us as we could really use him in the team at the moment to kick start our other wingers into pulling their fingers out.

9. Norway-jack

There is such a thing as being unlucky mind !!

I feel a bit gutted for him truth be told, he seemed to be ready to improve this season and I thought he looked stronger on the ball and was going to have a great season .

Having niggly injuries is a nightmare you never get fully match fit and that in turn seems to bring on other injuries,hopefully he can be back sooner rather than later, but it was 8 weeks last time so god knows how long it will be this time!

maybe it makes sense that we have been linked with Zaha at Utd now ?

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Maybe he is getting injured as he is getting rushed back from rehab to quick because Laudrup can see our other wingers ain't good enough. A winger should be a top priority in January and not another crap loan like Lamah.

11. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Agree, Lamah does nothing for me. Would love to get Zaha on loan.

12. Norway-jack

I think in fairness to Laudrup he always tends to make sure players are 110% before putting them back in, you often hear him talk about soft tissue injuries and it being better to ait an extra week to make sure its healed properly .

It would not surprise me one bit that we try and sign Aspas and a winger on loan in January,him and michu are big mates and im not sure alvaro is quite up to the grade as of yet.
    Our wing play is a bit patchy and missing Pablo is highlighting that fact .

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Cut our losses? <doh> Come on. This sometimes happens in football. We'll miss him though, and have been doing so of late. Lucky we're playing one of the weaker teams. <whistle>

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Which is why we need to bring in a new winger. He's been injured far to often for me.

15. Kifflom!

...having made 34 appearances last season. <doh> Talk about knee-jerk. As swanselona has rightly said he's had a setback. It happens.

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

But he also takes a few games to get back into form. By the time he plays again, half the season could have been played.

17. Lauds Gendros Jack

Sorry to hear that about Pablo he realy made a big difference v west ham, hope hes not out to long here's to a speedy recovery pablo

18. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Gutted for him, but I must have been watching a different player for most of last season to you guys.... I remember him being very frustrating and giving the ball away a lot. He does have the ability to produce some magic, but doesn't do it nearly enough.

19. Norway-jack

Yes stereo, you were watching a different player .

Creative player in gives ball away trying to create goal shocker !

;)

20. Kifflom!

You have a point about last season stereo, but he's settled now and looks a better, more confident player this time around. We definitely upped our game when he came on the other day.

Valley: We don't know how long it'll take for him to come back do we? Too early to 'cut our losses' imo but I'm not sure that's what you meant. Maybe I've taken that the wrong way. Bottom line is that as NJ says, this sort of thing happens to footballers.

I agree on Zaha though. We'd be lucky to get him for sure.