1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Palace away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 30, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No hope for 3 points in this game if Conte continues to press the self destruct button.
    He cannot run us into ground by selecting dummies Cahill & Cescy game in / game out, can he??
    Don't fcuking try to fit in dummies like Cahill & Cescy in our 11 needlessly.

City were not good. We were fcuking awful.
    Morata leaving doesn't give excuse to Conte to stop thinking or to press self destruct.

Palace will be up for this, because they haven't scored a goal yet. Starting Cahill & Cescy will give 2 goal advantage to Palace. End of <doh>

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

A bit harsh there Stan probably a draw given that Palace has been tonked week in week out for the last 4 and we have Morata out with a hammy, 1-1 on the cards. I take your point about Cahill & Cescy, I hope they're not going to be Conte's " untouchables" otherwise it's gonna be a long season; small squad size and insufficient replacements may prove to be our undoing as we can't hack 2 tough games in a week.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Literally every thread is the same. Can we not have so much repetition? Even if you've got nothing positive to say at least mix the negativity up a bit, please!

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Literally Conte is making the same mistake. What else to write about??

Fix seems obvious plain & simple. Still we are getting fcuked up week in & week out.

Makes no fcuking sense tbh.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Makes the point of our urgent need for some class buys. getting tonked by City exposed the level of REAL class in our squad, and I agree with you that Cahill and Fabregas are not up to top class opponents game after game. So what to do?
    For a start, play some of the kids at least as subs, they can't be any worse. Kenedy has played well as a sub and Musonda is chock a block with talent. If the subs we are making are not changing results, why not give one of the kids a go? Even Michy scored a good goal against Atletico.
    But above all, identify replacements and sign them.

StanDMan likes this.
  6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I reiterated right before Atletico game to rest Morata.

some smarty a$$ duds here made fun of me. You don't have to follow the game for 50 years to understand some simple common sense stuff.

He was all Adrenalin against his biggest rivals, mid week. He started 3 high intensity games in 7 days. He has never started that many in the last year or so.
    Need to nurture him gradually.
    Without him, we can kiss goodbye to top 8 let alone 4th spot.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  7. The Ginger Marks

That's just a plain stupid comment Stan! Why would you rest your top striker against a team who have the meanest defence in Europe at home? We are the first club to win in Madrid for eons and the fact Morata played and scored vindicates Contes decision to play him. Winning in Madrid almost certainly ensures our us qualifying from the group whereas a draw or loss would not.

Bristol Blue and Gareth1808 like this.
  8. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

It's almost like somre weird tourettes repetitive blah blah blah and of course you don't have to go to football for 50 years to understand it but if we didn't go the club would have disappeared any one remember save the bridge buckets

Naas Blue likes this.
  9. The Ginger Marks

Yes and the Tea hut at the top left hand side of the shed looking from the away end. :emoticon-0128-hi:

Naas Blue likes this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Surely the answer was to get a back up striker that Conte trusts ? Then we could rest or play as needed, and everyone would be happy !!!!

11. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Yep SE59. Put my few bob in on more than 1 occasion !!!

12. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

G.M. Seem to remember a Korean flag (painted on the wall ?) near it. Never found out significance of it.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

And still will.
    It was a stupid idea when you said it, and it is still a stupid idea now.
    The fact that he played a blinder in that game and scored and all but ensured us qualification to the knockouts proves that it was the right move.

Blueman and The Ginger Marks like this.
  14. The Ginger Marks

Nor me mate, all I remember was their winter menu which was a cup of Bovril & a Wagon Wheel. :emoticon-0136-giggl

15. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Is Morata likely to be fit for this?

16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You don't have to follow it for 50 years but perhaps if you followed it for more than 5 minutes that might help.

We're not talking about a 18 year old kid. This guy has been playing at the top level for years and just cost us 60 million. Of course he is going to play most games - especially the big games we've had. The injury was unlucky, simple as that. The team has a medical staff and all the medical data you could wish for. I trust their judgment over player fitness more than your scratch and sniff knowledge.

What you're basically saying is, rest the guy who has just scored a hat trick, for our biggest game of the season, just in case he gets burnt out when it's only September. <doh> Don't see Jose resting Lukaku.

Your talk about kissing goodbye to top 8 is embarrassing and you're making yourself look a fool.

17. The Ginger Marks

Here, Here...Sorry Stan he is A1 spot on mate.

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure i would have rested him. You'd trust the medical team data.

However everyone saying the game against Atletico was our biggest are going on the same Stan hyperbole train. We didn't need to win the match and if we can't qualify for the CL after losing against Atletico (we still have games against Roma and Atletico at home) then we don't deserve to qualify anyway.

Points in the CL at this stage are useful but not essential.

Points in the PL count for the rest of the season and against a regarded title challenger is surely the more important game

StanDMan likes this.
  19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

True to an extent, but winning the group can be very important for the last 16 draw. I think it also sends a message that we can compete against the best again in Europe. Massive result psychologically and a very good result points wise. Plus C.L is surely our priority this year? For Conte especially as he's never won it nor have many of our players.

I think the Atletico game was bigger than City but can see both arguments. No reason Morata couldn't play in both and I'd have picked him for both no question.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  20. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Imagine there was a Chelsea equivalent of the Arsenal Fan TV thing, Stan would be the one on there every week embarrassing us all.....<laugh>

BobbyD and The Ginger Marks like this.