1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pardew sacked ?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bizarreknives, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I agree, never believed that **** mesel.

The sale of NUFC would mean the new owner paying off Pardew or picking up his contract ........ win-win either way.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Well if it's true that he's only on £1.5million-a-year (that's the highest I've fond, seen reports of 800k and 500k) which is a bout 28k a week then I believe the gambling debt theory. He'll one of the poorest paid managers in the league with the Average wage said to be around 3 million a year for a Premier league boss.

3. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

A strong case for sacking Pardew, well argued by one of our near neighbours. <laugh>

[video=youtube;UqY3OpXsh-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=UqY3OpXsh-k&feature=related[/video]

4. Brian Storm

<laugh> WTF? <laugh>

5. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Precise and to the point. Can't argue with that! <laugh> I didn't realise Newcastle's village idiot was allowed out during the day!

6. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Pahahahahahaha!

7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I remember a time when the Mags were lapping up the pronouncement that the manager's job was 'one of the top few in world football'.

Now they're praying for Tony Pulis <laugh>

Didn't they hound out Allardyce because he didn't play the 'United style' ........ whatever that is.

Mind you, they've 'hated' Pardew before then decided he was a great manager when they somehow qualified for Europe.

Now they're talking about more walkouts, protests, funeral marches, boycoutts, etc .....

..... because that would definitely attract a manager with credibility wouldn't it <doh>

8. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm loving it, just loving it ! :)

9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Maybe a few of the Newcastle lads off here can come and offer me their sincerest apologies for my 'ludicrous/ridiculous/outrageous' statement that I think they'll finish 20th under Pardew, and that was before they made any signings.

They look toothless, if it was that lot against us at Old Trafford yesterday you'd have seen double figures put past Krul.

10. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

Alan Pardew: Newcastle manager backed by club owner Mike Ashley <ok>

Manager Alan Pardew retains the support of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley despite Saturday's 4-0 loss to Southampton.
    The Magpies are bottom of the table after failing to win in their first four Premier League games and have one league victory from 12 matches.
    But it is understood Pardew, 53, will remain in charge for Saturday's home game against Hull City.
    Hull boss Steve Bruce has said speculation about him replacing Pardew was "disrespectful"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29206490

11. Ameobi's Zeppelin

Newcastle will be relegated this season if Pardew stays. And right now, I suspect he'll still be at the club for a while yet.

Despite the rivalry between the two clubs - and as much as I enjoyed the shambles that was Di Canio, if I saw an owner and manager doing to Sunderland what Ashley is doing to Newcastle I'd feel really sorry for the mackems.

He's rinsing tens of millions out of the club, while not paying off the "debt". It's a cash cow, and until the Newcastle fans stop buying merchandise and turning up at St James Park each week, he'll keep rinsing all the money out of the club that he can.

It's like watching what Kraft did to Cadbury, it's a crying shame.

12. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Agree with the general sentiment, mate, but your lot keep knocking our crowds whilst ignoring the crap that we've had to put up with over the past few years, as if turning up blindly each week was the sign of a "proper" football fan, whereas choosing to watch your team get turned over by Wigan or Blackpool on TV instead was some form of treachery. We still get 40k+ depite years of crap while you lot have been in Europe as often as not during the Prem era. Even Pardew got you into the Europa!

13. Ameobi's Zeppelin

It's a similar situation with Sunderland and Newcastle - huge loyal support despite winning nowt for so long

Pardew getting Newcastle into Europa League was pretty much despite his management, not due to it.
    He got lucky with Ba and Cisse knocking them in every week.

14. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

You've certainly not replaced like-for-like recently...

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

One thing I really do not understand is when managers lose their players, the fans can see it, the pundits can see it, the newspapers can see it, the manager knows it, the players know it and yet the owner or chairman can never see it.

Chairmen allow time for managers to 'repair' situations, how often has that happened at any club? Pardew didn't 'repair' Newcastle last season, he simply had the luxury of a goalscorer to add to his team, which was equipped with a really top drawer (world class?) midfielder, until January at least.

Pardew's tactical nous is non-existent, his man-management skills are non-existent... the logic in keeping him is non existent, yet they persist and trundle on. Dare I say a ****-bag, half wit manager from league two would probably canter to a comfortably safe finish with that squad, but not Pardew, he's a different breed that guy.

It's like watching somebody throw an anvil into a paddling pool.

16. Brian Storm

When you count up the protests we've put on and compared them to Newcastle's then it becomes very very different, Two clubs who sit very close geographical with a completely different mentality. Newcastle fans continue to come across to the footballing world as petty, petulant children, with their protests, websites, riots and pitch invasions.

I don't like anybody drawing similarities and comparisons between our two clubs, makes my skin crawl, one has dignity the other has none. Our situations over the years are not comparable for me sorry fella, because all your protests against your self-sufficient club, one who's played multiple times in Europe, one that's flirted with being champions of England, I tell you what, you lot don't even know you're born. If you'd had our last 30 years Newcastle city centre would look like a fallout zone.

Reality is a massive section of your fan base have a sense of entitlement which boards on narcissistical. I don't want our dignified club tying in with them. I feel sorry Somb, QWOP, Dorty Mag, probably your good self and many other who are dragged down by an unhealthy amount of idiots. No matter what Mike and Pardew do, it will never be as damaging to your club as that section of your fan base.

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Well indeed, quite right but you forget that they deliberately dropped out of the champions league because as John Hall told them.
    'You'll be sick of playing Barcelona.' <laugh>
    I feel sorry for the poor old Geordie nation. <lyingtwatsmilie>

18. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

10 year extension and the Fulham manager as assistant !

19. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I'd prefer you as his assistant.

20. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

<laugh>.