1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Parkes off??

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

To brentford! Surely this is bollocks..... Right??

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

lies. dont believe it for a second. if im wrong then i doubt ward would sell. if higgs is serious about going up then he needs to turn down every offer. we been told we be debt free when we move to use so let higgs show this by saying we dont need the money so no need to sell. unless brentford offer a ridiculously high offer then ok. £750k plus i say. he is 21, club captain, 2 years left on his contract i think. bye bye brentford unless you want to pay way over the odds. brentford are a league 1 club and if were serious this season then we hopefully be in league 1 and with a new stadium on the way, parkes should see the ambition and see it would be the wrong move in his career. he could be leading out the team at uwe! if we do sell then kenneth will be back and i bet ward would get the best out of him. kenneth and mcchrystal would still be a good partnership for league 2. but i still dont believe this story.

3. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

just confirmed that this is completely untrue

@alidurdenBBC: Tom Parkes will captain Bristol Rovers this season. I'm told the rumours of Brentford bidding for him are completely untrue. #BristolRovers

Phew :)

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wouldn't put it past us to sale him though for a quick buck signing for Brentford would be a step back for Parkes why would he want to play for the smallest league club in London for.

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think Ward values stability and keeping this winning squad together. If things go well, then the January window might be interesting. But I still think the priority will be keeping a strong squad together and going up.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

as i said.... it was all lies :)