1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Part Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Mar 4, 2019.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've just had a nasty shock.

We've been part season ticket holders every season since we moved back to the SW nearly 8 years ago... variously White memberships, Flexi memberships and so on.

You get a couple of quid off each ticket by buying in advance but a big benefit has been to get early access to ticket purchasing generally, whether for league or cup games, having priority after full season ticket holders but before non-members. The price for additional tickets was not discounted but you got a week's head start on the casual fan.

Without it, I might not have got tickets for the Liverpool game.... Early acess has been a particular boon this year with the grandstand out of action.

The benefit has previously always continued to operate for cash purchases AFTER you'd used all your pre-paid tickets. The scheme was sold as being a "member" for that year.

Well we've used up all 8 pre-paid tickets but the ticket office are saying this year's scheme DOESN'T give continuing early acess to cash purchases. I didn't spot that when I signed up.

I have to say that leaves a sour taste. It's a damn good job we haven't reached the quarter finals of the FA Cup and it may be hard enough to get Scunthorpe tickets if the season is still "live" on the last day!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Hi Notdistant . This not me defending the Club but I think there is a genuine logistical issue this season. Given the max capacity of 12500, if we had had another 'liverpool' they would have been entitled to 15% of the available seats i.e. 1875 leaving barely over 10k for home supporters. With 6000 ST holders there was/is a real danger of giving more people an 'entitlement' to early tickets than we might have have capacity for - imagine the furore if we had promised priority in the T&Cs but were unable to deliver due to lack of capacity.
    There is also the view that one should only get the benefits of a membership for as long as that membership is valid, and clearly once the package is 'spent' then it is no longer valid.

Appreciate it is a tricky one, especially if you assumed that the benefits were the same this season as they were last. Several of the T& Cs get tweaked each season especially surrounding entitlement and admin/postage fees (e.g. these are actually lower overall than last season). And no, I don't yet know what the situation will be next season.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Lyndy....that makes sense to me....lets hope notDistant isn't up Home Park this very minute with a brick in his pocket.....he'll blame it on Brexit that he's flipped at the moment.

4. notDistantGreen

No it doesn't make sense and I'm furious. The membership is sold as just that, a membership, be part of the club etc. The change was not made clear at the time.

If the "membership" expires on use of the last ticket, what happens in the case of play-off games? Logically, the full season ticket has then also expired so we're all in the scrum for Wembley tickets.

Are you saying that the total of full season ticket holders + number of Tier 2 members is greater than 10,500? Because if not, and a Liverpool situation came up, its one ticket each and that's your lot.

I won't make the same mistake again anyway. All you need to do is save your last Flexi ticket for the last home game of the season and your early cash purchase rights are preserved for any earlier games you want to go to.

5. notDistantGreen

PS I looked up the conditions on the website. As of today, it says:

"There is a new Flexi-Ticket or, rather, Flexi-Tickets. Similar to the White Memberships of previous seasons, this allows the Green Army to buy a six-game or eight-game package and choose which matches they want to watch.

Additional benefits for supporters choosing this option include second-level ticketing priority and there will no longer be redemption fees when ordering the match-day ticket."

The accompanying brochure is also silent on any change in what "second level ticketing priority" means compared to previous years.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

notDistant....Flexi-membership has got it's own thread on Pasoti at the moment....others have discovered the same problem as you have.

7. notDistantGreen

Thanks, I'll have a look.

8. notDistantGreen

Glad I wasn't the only one to miss this fundamental change in what we were being sold.

As you know, I'm usually very Green Tinted. Not this time.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Isn't just like Lyndy said....to do with the reduced capacity of HP this season.