1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul Benson

Discussion in 'Notts County' started by mr magpie, Jul 21, 2011.

1. mr magpie

mr magpie New Member

We've agreed a fee with Charlton, apparently, for Paul Benson.

Any thoughts?

2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Cant believe anyone would want to play alongside Lee Hughes but there you go.
    Had a stop start season with us didnt really fit in and never won over the fans.I think he`s decent enough at this level but not a powell man so had to go,will do a job for you boys.

3. mr magpie

mr magpie New Member

Was there a reason he didn't win them over? Lazy, or just not rated? I admit I know little about him other than he scored quite a few for the Daggers and got 10 for you last season. Is he a target man, or more of a ball to feet player? Cheers for the feedback.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Just not rated i`d say he thrives on wingers setting him up ours didnt.
    At Dagenham he had Dany Green crossing for him to score great partnership ..we have just signed Green and letting Benson go,very odd.
    He was out suspended injured alot too and was a parkinson signing not powell all adds up.
    He played in a friendly at aldershot on wednesday night with green green crossed benno scored.
    I think hes a decent target man and will work well with Hughes who despite the obvious dislike of him is a good player at this level.
    Benson is just the player you want.
    You have an excellent manager now and you`ll do ok with him in charge.
    Good luck for the season.

5. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

could not agree personnal terms , so hats off to ray trew at notts for not bending over and being royaly seen to by yet another over demanding average player.
    its about time lower division players woke up and stop demanding silly money,we are not man city or chelsea.

6. Jamiester

Jamiester Member

Actually he didnt want a one year deal with notts - which is all they would offer (and rightly so for a 32 year old), he has only a year left at charlton and obviously he'd rather ply his trade at the valley. Don't believe wages came into the equation.

7. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

Actually on the county mad site it states he was offered a two year deal..........................! but he didnt want to leave london because of family.

plenty more fish in the sea i suppose!