1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PDC World Championship predictions Quarterfinals onwards

Discussion in 'Darts' started by [email protected], Dec 28, 2012.

1. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

What are your predictions for the darts from QF onwards? I would give the following predictions:-

Whitlock v RvB - Whitlock to win 5-4 in sudden death
    Power v Hamilton - The Power to win 5-1.
    Wade v Newton - Wade to win 5-3.
    Lewis v MvG - Michael to beat Adrian 5-4.

Semi-Finals

Taylor to beat Whitlock 6-5.
    MvG to beat Wade 6-4.

Final Taylor to be MvG 7-6.

Thoughts?

2. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lewis to win 5-3 tonight

Taylor to beat RVB 6-1
    Lewis to beat whioever 6-2

Taylor to beat Lewis 7-1

3. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

I must admit that I got one of my predictions wrong as RvB played well to beat Whitlock. Also Lewis went out 5-4 tonight.

Not sure that Taylor will thrash RvB tonight. I still think he will edge it if he's at his best. I think that MvG will beat Wade.

Taylor to beat RvB 6-5 on a a tiebreak.
    MvG to beat Wade 6-4.

I think that the final will be close if MvG meets Taylor. If MvG shows up like last night but hits his doubles and Taylor is at his best, it will be a 7-5 or 7-6 scoreline in the final either way. The winner of the first semi will be favourite but by how much depends on who wins. I think that if either Taylor or Barney meet Mighty Mike, the score will be as I mentioned earlier, by a margin of one or two sets. If Wade

4. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

Apologies, it was last night Lewis got knocked out.

5. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

As per my posts above, if Wade sneaked into the final he will be pulverised by either Taylor or Barney as frankly he's not scoring heavily enough. But, this is sport and anything can happen.

6. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

Right two players in the final to be honest. I think Taylor should win this, ans I can see it being close, say, 7-5 or 7-6. That is if MvG turns up as well. However, if Taylor can't match MvG's average, MvG wins.

7. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Taylor didn't play that we'll last night, Barney just folded in the early sets averaging in the early 90s, which gifted Taylor a soft lead.

If MVG can play his game and not flop against Taylor as so many have this week then MVG will beat him, as he's playing better than him at the moment.

After the way Taylor behaved last night, I'd really like to see MVG give him a real hammering. I don't see it being 1 sided though, as MVG is a very streaky player. 1 set he's on fire the next he's poor. So il go for MVG to win 7-6 or 7-5 :biggrin:

8. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Care to elaborate?

9. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

He had a pop at Barney after the match, when Barney went to give him a hug. He pushed him away, swore at him and then stormed off the stage.

I respect Taylor's brilliance but I've never really liked him. Far to cocky for my liking, and treats his opponents with little respect. It's like he gets darts confused with boxing, just because they have these boxing type walk ons.

It's Darts ffs you don't need to be hostile to your opponents, it's quite pathetic really:biggrin: