1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

People who wanted Nigel sacked last autumn. Some embarrassing 606 threads.*

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ElTigre, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I've seen some proper rubbish being played over the years so it's a bit annoying sometimes that some people don't appreciate that we have a half-decent team at the moment. We were never going to get off to a flying start this season given the financial issues off the field and crap players on ridiculous wages left over from the relegation season, so it was inevitable that people would moan at first, it seems to have died down now that the team is gelling. It's time for everybody to get behind the team now, even TWF, if he can get over his silly prejudices against the Pearsons and Barmby.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

A bit harsh in my opinion.

It was my feeling at that time that Pearson was working with his hands tied behind his back, but that he knew he would have those shackles released at some point in the not too distant future. They were and he's taken full advantage, but we're still riding our luck a little, as our performances have been mixed. He's obviously moving in the right direction and results are going our way, while we're building an exciting squad, but I see no real benefit in taking a pop at those who questioned his ability, particularly when it's someone who's at every game and is fully qualified to voice his concerns based on the games he's been watching.

We were rubbish at the start of the season, I don't think there's any benefit in taking a pop at those who pointed that out. We've moved on.