1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pereira Joins as Assistant Director of Football Operations

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Jan 29, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Pereira Joins
    Wednesday 29 January 2020 19:30
    Tony Khan, Fulham Football Club’s Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations today appointed Javier Pereira as Assistant Director of Football Operations with immediate effect.

In his role, Javier will work closely with Tony on football business matters including talent identification and development but his primary focus will be on embedding the club’s playing philosophy through all Fulham’s teams from youth level to the First Team, ensuring the attractive play Fulham is famous for is exemplified throughout the club.

A wealth of experience in Spanish football, Pereira became Assistant Manager to Slavisa Jokanovic during his time at Watford FC in 2014 where they achieved promotion to the Premier League, at Maccabi Tel Aviv, and at Fulham from 2015 – 2018 where promotion to the Premier League was also famously accomplished at Wembley stadium in the Championship play off final in May 2018.

After departing Fulham in 2018, Javier was appointed Assistant Manager to Jordi Cruyff at Chinese club Chongqing Lifan FC, where he ensured the club secured its position in the Chinese Super League for a further season.

please log in to view this image

Speaking of the appointment Tony Khan said:

“I am truly delighted to welcome Javier back to Fulham! I'm thrilled that he's agreed to join my staff, and I'm looking forward to working with him and striving to build a sustainable winning programme. I know Javier well from his time at the club, and we remained in contact after he left. We share the same vision for Fulham and the same philosophy of football, and we'll work together to apply that shared vision to deliver success. I have the utmost respect in Javier's abilities, he’s a true football man, understands our club, and is up for the challenge.

“We have a fantastic group of players and the commitment of our staff, day in and day out, is unrivalled in sport. Our Head Coach, Scott Parker, is dedicated to the success of the team, the squad and staff are fully behind him, and I know that with strong support we can make sure he has the resources to achieve what we all want, football being played at the Cottage back in the Premier League.

Come on Fulham.”

Javier Pereira added:

“I was delighted to be asked by Tony to return to Fulham and assist him in football operations and adding value where I can. I really enjoyed my time here and have some great memories of our promotion winning season and I very much hope we can achieve the success the Chairman, the team and of course the fans deserve”.