1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Petition to Unban Leeds-18

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Josh-LUFC, Feb 7, 2012.

1. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

****ing get over yourself man.

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

All scum fans should be banned..:mad:

3. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

**** the mods!

4. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

My post got deleted <grr>

I was only talking about the unfortunate incident called frost-gate in which frosty the snowman took a turn for the worst...

5. Irishshako

Is that a statement of intent, on your part Tina?...:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I take it that's what saw me get an email complaining someone was mocking the people who died at Munich?

I've not seen the post in question so I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs in this case. But in general there's a difference between putting something on the General Chat Forum where people are warned before going on it that it can be offensive, and intentionally putting it on somebody's personal page on the site to wind them up.

What's all this about DMD editing posts though? The only one I can think of is one that was clearly from someone having a WUM where he changed the thread name. At that point we were several pages in and talking about something else so I don't see what amusement there'd be.

7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ricardo, nothing more than tit for tat, there was mentioning's of Istanbul, kebabs, stabbing etc which, whilst they happened 10 years ago, are still fresh in our minds, and although I'm not condoning posting a clip of 'Dam Busters', I can understand why he did it...

What sticks in my throat is not only did Comas get off scott free, but was bragging beforehand getting somebody banned from the board the day before.

8. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

DMD changed my posts after a long and heated debate, when this was brought up he stated the posts needed editing which they didn't, any one reading the thread would have backed me up. He knew he'd abused his moderator powers and got away with it. I did raise this on a thread but was told to let it go as it was a PM issue.

I have resolved the issue by ignoring DMD and obviously getting in as many digs as possible, I think he is an absolute waste of space and could give the moderators a bad name. We're fortunate to have three very good mods and an excellent ex-mod on the Leeds United board. If you want to know more ask Syd he knows the full story and has all the details.

In my eyes DMD will always be a low life lying scum bag. <ok>

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I remember very well the exchange involving DMD & his abuse of his moderating 'powers', changing other posts to suit his own needs. Despite the fact his behaviour was brought to the attention of his superiors the whole episode was swept under the carpet and he got away with it.
    Absolutely disgusting.

10. Irishshako

It's like who rats on who on this site..ffs.we know the rams, scum, florist and anyone who is a shade darker than a celt gets offended if anything isn't PC.

11. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I shall watch for the name if we get them in the cup or something. At least the 99 makes him easy to remember, he's obviously some whinging glory boy who started supporting them after they won the treble.

I've just remembered this thread because I got another email, this time a Scouser complaining about him and taking the piss out of him because he can't post on the Liverpool/Man U banter thread (it's a Liverpool thread with Man U as the 2nd board and it would seem he's banned from the Liverpool site). Funny how quickly karma is working these days.

12. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

What goes around comes around, snitches will always end up with no mates :)

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Perhaps because what you've put is mainly bollocks that Leeds-18 made up with only a teeny bit of truth behind it? :emoticon-0118-yawn:

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Erm, it was one repeated post to diffuse a situation you were trying to build up. An alternative would have been to delete the thread. Ironic given the fuss on here that you ran off looking for a ban.

It was done to death at the time, no need to try colouring it in now.

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

As I put, there was no abuse and to call it in the plural is stretching the issue. Some of you really need to get over yourselves instead of trying to reinvent dead issues.

16. The-Don

DMD

No need to justify yourself pal aslong as you dont do it again you twat :)

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

:grin:

To be honest, knowing the FULL story rather than just what ocured on that thread, getting a mention in the context of this thread made me laugh out loud.

Having had Syd's involvement on other issues on our board and catching a glimpse of what else he's up to, he has the patience of a saint and the wisdom of Solomon. I bet there are plenty of times he gets a sinking feeling before looking in at the boards. He's worth twice as much as he's being paid for doing it in my opinion. <ok>

I include myself in this when I say that we can get so engrossed in what we feel is an important personal slight, that we don't take a step back and see it for the trivia that it is at times.

18. The-Don

DMD

I know you are all working hard, most appreciate that but you did look a bit silly editting the threads at the time (although I thought it was funny) maybe an apology would suffice and then we can move on? haha

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It was post rather than thread and came after an extended period of sillyness from certain posters interupting threads and boring people to death. That in itself was a follow on from a previous embarrasment from certain posters mentioned on this thread, albeit under some of their other usernames.

The post (albeit a repeated one) was sillyness designed to look acceptable but that would derail yet another thread. The options were to let it derail, delete the post (where it would be reposted), look for a ban for repeated wumming, or simply ammend the appropriate wum to something more accurate.

I think the gallop from some to the main mods with a version of events and the main mods considered decision based on a bigger picture which leaves me still here speaks for itself as to where the apologies may need to be. especially as some admit to trying to keep a twisted version resurected purely as a wind up. :emoticon-0105-wink: