1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread PL: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Aug 11, 2015.

?

What will the outcome of the fixture be?

1. Liverpool win

81.6%
  2. Draw

7.9%
  3. Bournemouth win

5.3%
  4. MITO is a c*nt!

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I think Bournemouth will be well up for it - they're a good ball playing side so our midfield will finally be faced against a team that pass the ball quickly - good test.

But make no mistake - we should and need to beat them. Can't afford to slip up given our run of games.

Still unsure if Can or Firmino will start given their fitness issues. Really hope we give others a chance instead of Lallana - I rather play and develop Markovic - at least he'll give us some pace on the flanks. We look far too imbalanced with Gomez and Lallana on the left.

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

If Bournemouth hit their stride we could be in for a hard time. They were very good in the championship and if they get their passing game going they could be very hard to beat.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

welllll..... there's hitting a high point and a consistent level and most promoted sides run into that wall..

As this is an early game my worry is it will be a high point for them and their first big big game.

4. With Arsenal up next, its a early must win game too

5. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

Markovic played a blinder last time we played this lot. We need more direct players at home and this is where I think Lallana needs to start from the bench.

Ibe needs to be managed better by Rodgers as I was disappointed he was not shifted to the left when he started struggling against Muniesa.

I also think Moreno should start so that Benteke can get service from both sides.

On the pitch, I read it was reseeded and some further maintenance done on lighting and drainage.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Bournemouth will suffer from what every decent Championship side does when they land in the PL a lack of goals.

They'll play some decent football and they won't be push overs, but they'll struggle to score goals at this level, as they simply won't have the quality in the final 3rd.

An early goal at the weekend and you should coast home. If they can hold until HT then you'll have a game on your hands.

7. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

Liverpool will improve their heavily criticised Anfield pitch over the summer, despite the added complication of redevelopment work taking place on the new Main Stand.

please log in to view this image

EXCLUSIVE BY ALEX MILLER

• Pitch will be removed and reseeded over the summer
      • Club to review drainage and lighting of pitch
      • LFC say opening of new Main Stand remains the same as planned

Sources close to the club have confirmed to This Is Anfield that the pitch will be reseeded over the summer, despite some reports suggesting otherwise.

It had been suggested that the ongoing building work at the stadium would require cranes to be put up on the pitch over the summer, however sources close to the club suggest that won’t be the case.

It is understood the grass will be completely removed and reseeded over the summer – in line with work carried out in previous years. The end of season pitch work includes stripping the existing surface, cultivating the sub strata top dressing and then 100% re-seeding.

Well-placed sources believe the condition of the pitch this season has been adversely affected by a number of factors, including weather patterns over the winter months and overall usage of the pitch at key times.

article continues below

This Is Anfield understands that club officials will also be planning to review drainage and lighting matters over the summer to ensure the best possible conditions for a top-class pitch next season.

Critics of the playing surface this season have included manager Brendan Rodgersand defender Glen Johnson, both stating that the playing style of the side has been hindered by its poor quality.

Meanwhile, it is understood that officials are finishing minor details to the final designs of the Main Stand, with the feeling from within the club that great progress is being made on the construction.

The new steel frame is rapidly rising and sources have reassured fans that the opening time of the expanded stand hasn’t changed, despite the club changing their wording from ‘in time for the 2016-17 season’, to ‘some stage during’ the 2016-17 season.

One of the major details yet to be confirmed centres on the players’ tunnel. The current design has the tunnel located in more or less the same position it is located in today, and This Is Anfield understands that it is unlikely to be moved to the halfway line.

article continues below

* The Anfield pitch is a ‘Desso Grassmaster’ pitch made up of 97% Rye grass and 3% artificial fibres. Similar pitches are found at most established Premier League grounds including Arsenal and Manchester City.

An estimated 20 million artificial grass fibres are injected 20cm deep into the ground. The natural grass roots then intertwine with the artificial turf fibres and the result is a pitch that is should be able to take three times as much football as a normal, natural grass pitch.

All the latest on

8. Is that because goals win games? <whistle> ;) :p

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Are you the SK btw?

<laugh>

Super G Ted'inho likes this.
  10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It doesn't look like that now mate.

I went past on Saturday and the main stand frame is up an there's the 2 largest cranes I've ever ****ing seen on site, with the whole of that old structure stripped down. I've no idea how they're going to use it at the weekend, but they patently are.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

i doubt it .....

it wasn't me.....

I wasn't even let play....

I was busy...

12. moreinjuredthanowen

It'll be fun... that artilce is from may at best... very old.

It'll be very interesting to see what the main stand is like in january this year... I recokn it might be a bit cold.

13. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Game's not til Monday, so they do a least have an extra two days to get the stuff cleared away. Will be interesting to see what state it's in by then.

14. saintKlopp

They could spread their rubble on the pitch and it would still be better than last season.

15. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Can has to start. That is all

16. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Some would say anything less than 2 points would be unacceptable :bandit:

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Wants him to say it again, because we are likely to win.:laugh:

18. And those people would be right, #obsessed and convinced it is #allaboutgerrez

19. moreinjuredthanowen

yup boss... they are obsessed

Super G Ted'inho likes this.
  20. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.