1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread PL: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Aug 11, 2015.

?

What will the outcome of the fixture be?

1. Liverpool win

81.6%
  2. Draw

7.9%
  3. Bournemouth win

5.3%
  4. MITO is a c*nt!

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

Only if training is snails pace and non contact.

Firmino will come in without question... who drops out is between ibe and lallana and frankly

You will see he's a busy player who people will start to compare to Suarez as a result but they are different positions

Lallana won't be seen except in ads

2. Exactly. I think people are being a bit harsh on Lallana. Sure, he's not been great or stayed out wide but maybe he wasn't told to stay out there for some reason? Basically, people saying stick Firmino in is based purely on his name and not what he's done. He was awful when he came on against Stoke. That is in no way shape or form me writing the lad off already, far from it. He needs time to adjust and bring him on once players are tiring is the best was initially. Give him a start after three or four games unless we have no other option.

3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I was actually suggesting that maybe Firmino has shown enough in training to warrant a start <laugh>

4. Oh. In that case your an idiot :)

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

<doh>
    Point stands though, maybe Lallana has been very good and actually done what Rodgers wanted.

Do think people are being harsh on Lallana, he wasn't great but was probably best player pre season so had to start first game. Now f we're going to start dropping people after just 1 game then we'll never get a really settled team.

I think we'll play the same team, Rodgers has said if we're winning, early days will be hard to swap the team around (when talking about Moreno and markovic) as its one game a week but after the internationals when cups start will be more rotation.

6. Agreed. Think it will and should be the same eleven. Bring Firmino on for Lallana around 55-60mins if it's suitable

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Lallana was anonymous v stoke.... we didn't have any of our best front 3 on tour so preseason. .... I don't care.

Points are at stake and he's a little light weight... who's never good enough for this level.

8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

You're as clueless as Rodgers.

Can should be starting in place of Lallana all day long. Firmino can come on later, but Can is a must.

In MILK we trust likes this.
  9. I must obviously bow to your clear superior footballing knowledge of course...<doh>

I could just resort to your tactic of moaning about everything and being critical of all our players. I adhere to be as happy in life as you seem to be #exampleofthefunlovingspirit

10. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Id like to think that we have an extremely flexible first team this year. I would like to see Can come in as I think we are better in midfield with him on the pitch. Also would like to see Firminho come in and Sakho. Would also like to see Markovic really push on and try and nail down a place. At the same time id like Lallana to show what he can do and make himself difficult to drop. Hopefully Ibe can continue with his current trajectory and become the player he can be. Cant wait for Sturrisge to be back in the team. Hopefull Ings can also play his way in. Not forgetting Illori and Teixeira who can be massive for us if they play to their potential. Be good to see Moreno respond Nice that we have a good squad now and hoping that they all get the chance to impress but that we can also maintain a level of consistency

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

12. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Harry Chambers should start up front, there again stats can sometimes be misleading

13. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Hardly superior, just obvious. Can was one of our best players last year and will likely be this year too if given the chance. The game completely changed when he came on against Stoke. The bonus is that it also keeps Crapllana out.

In MILK we trust likes this.
  14. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Monday games......:oops:..............such a long bloody wait isn't it :oops:...............

15. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Worst part about Monday games is I miss seeing them live because I'm at work.

16. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

But the winning team was not the starting 11.

17. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

:(

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

To top the table we need to win by 6:0.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

Match day. ..... no nerves.... hate Monday games. Ruin the buzz.

20. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

And what did Lallana do to earn the shirt in the first place? Work hard in training ... <whistle>

In all seriousness, players at this club don't earn the right to play - Rodgers has his preferences and these players WILL start. Their place in the starting line up is theirs to lose. As much as we wish for and Rodgers speaks of, there is no meritocracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.