1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-Off Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 4, 2015.

1. EssexPilgrim

EssexPilgrim Member

He just doesn't look fit and has definitely put on a few pounds but not being able to train obviously doesn't help the situation, he's naturally chunky or the old porkers favourite 'big boned'

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've been banging on about him not being fit for ages now. I actually think Sheridan has continued to use him more out of desperation than anything. He seems to respond to stuff he reads on websites like pasoti for example. A lot on there keep saying Reid is top scorer therefore must be in the side. I don't know what these people are watching because he clearly has been finished for ages now. He has still banged in a few which has fed this clamour but it has hidden the problem. A fit Reid would in my opinion have scored more. I like Reid, he is a trier who battles away all day long so it isn't that I don't rate him or want him gone. It's like playing with 10 men from kick off sometimes though and that is going to balls things up more often than not in a game. When we need Reid most he is injured and playing at half potential. That is poor management by Sheridan. Mind you Reid should be more professional and admit he is only half right. He is hurting his team mates by trying to carry on and deep down must know that.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can honestly say that he has never been as thin has a reid.......:rolleyes:

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sorry sensible....too early in the day for you......I shouldn't be cracking Reid/Reed jokes before mid-afternoon....I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you've reached the ripe old age of clickety- click.

Sheridan's whole season might rest on who he picks .....should he play Reuben from the start or bring him on if things are not working without him......of course if it went to a penalty shoot-out he would need Reuben very much at the end of extra time.

Difficult decisions will need to be made on Thursday.....which would bring the season to an end if we do not win.

If we don't make the final and our stuck in Div 2 for another season....my opinion is that Sheridan should go or be pushed.......this reasonable group of players have performed below par......I deliberately didn't call them a team....because they haven't performed consistantly from one week to the next.

It all depends on Wycombe's state of mind, having had the game won at 3-0 at 85 minutes.....and finishing with only a one goal advantage in the end.

Wycombe's strength has been their away form.....there home form has been wobbly all season.....and in the back of there minds will be how Argyle won at their place 2-0 with relative ease.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Off track with this...but I couldn't help but notice that my old mate BWP scored twice for New York Red Bulls v New York City FC at the weekend (2-1)......still a goal scorer with only one good leg....Reading... refused him after a medical and Charlton took him and he scored regularly for them.......we could have done with him in front of goal this season....we wouldn't have been struggling for promotion unless Sheridan played him in defence.

Sorry sensible had to mention him you can't keep quality down.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been having a chat with the Wycombe lads on their site recently and they are a civilised bunch of lads but one or two seem to have become marginally delusional since the outbreak of football between us. One said that the handball was inconclusive even when watched again apparently. Another seems to think we were lucky to score 2 goals on the basis that they were both from distance and therefore could have gone anywhere. Apparently they could do the same shot again loads of times in their careers and miss into row z. We thought we had some green tinted spectators.........

I've just pointed out that in my memory neither keeper actually made a save in the whole match. I don't count the Luke one because it was knocked in on the rebound. Their lads inexperience therefore counted for nothing.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I looked over there as well Sensible. They also think that their fans out-sang ours (in fairness, if you listened to it on Sky's soundtrack you would be led to think that) and that their players repeatedly falling over was genuinely due to aerial assaults from ours not a desire on their part to run down the clock. That's football isn't it.....

Wycombe defended brilliantly for the first 80 minutes but gave Ansah enough room to hit his shot beautifully - he is an ex Arsenal trainee after all. That's not luck, it was bad defending. Banton ripped their right back to shreds who allowed him to cut inside and very deliberately hit a curler which went exactly where he meant it to. Again, I see only poor defending.

If the Argyle A Team that beat Shrewsbury 2-0 only 10 days ago and who thrashed Portsmouth, Exeter (twice) and Dagenham to within an inch of their lives turn up, we can win this. I'm not making travel arrangements yet though.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Banton cuts in well from the right......in his successful first stint ar Argyle he did exactly that at Wimbledon......I was directly in line with the far post that day and could see it curving around the keeper and settling just inside the post.....why doesn't he score more goals......doesn't the coaching staff know how to boost his confidence ?

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been chatting on there for a while now given I thought Wycombe deserved to go up automaticallly and I kept reasuring them it would be ok when they got shaky. I did feel sorry they didn't get automatic but now of course it's a different thing. I never thought we would end up playing them to get to Wembley. They are an ok bunch though and nobody slags anyone off.

You are right notdistant, if the right Argyle side turns up then we will be laughing.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just read on the beeb website that Woody from Bastille is going to drum for us at the away game. I thought, wow a pop star is an Argo fan......then I thought who?

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yep, he comes from Derriford i think? Who is in the band for Argyle?

13. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been singing that bleddy song in my head since last Saturday night. It was moving though.

We aren't getting a band Joe it's just him doing the drumming apparently. I bet because he's famous nobody will want to stick the drum anywhere unnatural like they want to with the usual one.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Oh, i see. I saw them Bastile at a festival at Croyde 2 years ago.. excellent!! so hope fully the drum will spur us on..

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tell him to bring his footie boots.....he might be best in front of goal.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

More talk about a drummer that some of us don't know....or care about.... than the the football match on Thursday.

We should be preparing ourselves for the battle ahead.

Mrs Plym and myself have been doing just that with a day out at Broadstairs.....walking in the sand along the edge of the incoming tide....all the way to Ramsgate and back......a fantastic hot sunny day......right where's me boots....stand aside Reid let me show you how to score goals.....grrrrrruuuuuhhhh....out of my way..........:steam:

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Strewth you old romantic you plym strolling along the beach and dipping your toes in the surf........ah bless...I spent my day slapping bleddy paint on the woodwork (was going to say woody) until me brush was too stiff to use anymore.

Apparently a lot do care about the drummer or at least so I read.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

No toes in surf in mid--May sensible.....would certainly knock the romance on the head,

20. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Was on the left on Saturday Plymborn, curled it in with his right foot.
    I had no idea Sensible.