1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-Off Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 4, 2015.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't get me started HP..... There is still so many things wrong at Home Park despite people thinking we should have turned the corner. It starts at the very top and cascades from there.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

It needs clearing out from the TOP!

3. Greenarmyjoe

I predict Sheridan out by end May i will use my joker !!

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We need plym's misus to predict it Joe, she's the expert.....<whistle>

5. Greenarmyjoe

Yes.. he may predict it 2-1:1980_boogie_down:...

I wonder if any of them will ever piss off

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Brent's normal exit is via liquidation isn't it? That's about all I've seen of his business stuff since he's been here. Sheridan isn't going to resign is he. He's not exactly on the radar of other clubs I would have thought and he isn't in the millionaire club either so he would want paying. Brent won't pay anyone off so guess we are stuck with it. With the luck Argo have had over the last 5 or 6 years it isn't a surprise is it.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Brent's been talking to the papers......and you can gather from what he says that Sheridan will be his manager for the third year of his contract.

Promotion is the aim and adequate funds will be available.....he mentions how Argyle have slowly improved from just surviving to 10th last year and 7th this season.....which was the minimum target for success.......so Sheridan is your man.......he will have to do some significant signing this summer......to rely on just quality loanees has it's limitation.....we came unstuck with players like Talbot being recalled......you need to top up your team with loanees....not depend on them for promotion......loanees doing the business for you can easily be recalled as we found out at a critical time this season.

The problem we face now with Sheridan in his last year is if he gets early success then it might lead to him being offered an extended contract......I'm not sure i would want him on those terms......still being a weekly commuter.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Has anyone read the "End of Term Report" on the Argyle website? I have and it's pathetic.

I think it was meant to be a lighthearted thing but I think it takes the proverbial out of the long suffering supporters and badly misses the mark. However you dress it up we failed in the overall result of the season. Yes we did the minimum requirement but the fans were failed at the death. They seem to think it funny to mention Bentley in the piece and that is the only player to get a mention. So are we to believe it was all his fault then? Bollox load of. Our failure at the death was down to Sheridan and Sheridan only.

I keep looking at the football news in the hope that I will see the small headline "Sheridan leaves Plymouth" but in truth I don't expect it. From a Brent point of view he made his target of play off and improved position not to mention the cost of getting rid. That's because Brent isn't a supporter. If he was he too would be bitterly disappointed like the rest of us. I still say the numbers will drop off unless we challenge from the top from the outset next season. Continued success is the only way he will keep the numbers up.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Yep its not great reading!! a piss take as you say.

Improvement is being in the top 3 all season.. as we were around the play offs all year to be honest once we got going.. Yes a play off spot was what we hoped for this time last year.. but when we got there the manager messed up not the players it seems and he gets to stay in place. A proper football club and chairman would have moved him on.. If our manager in our company fails.. he goes.. With Brent he likes failure...
    We will have to hope that we are up for it from day 1...

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I tend to agree that Sheridan is at best a borderline case; I've never liked the way he criticises individual players in public. That's not the way to do things and if he hasn't got the 100% commitment of the dressing room, perhaps that's why.

Brent however is by far the best we are going to get. He has pulled the club out of its screaming nose dive without losing the wings entirely. As and when we get a better offer fair enough, but don't hold your breath.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Play-off finals day at Wembley.....we were hoping to be there.....<wah>.

I reckon Southend will win 2-1.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Gutted for Wycombe. Last kick of 120 minutes and then last penalty of the first 5. How unlucky can you get in one game.

13. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Was that remark tongue in cheek Sensible ? Only if it was sincere you are the only post I have read tonight that feels sorry for Wycombe :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Nothing like tongue in cheek jools. This is a club that almost went down last season and were everyone's tip to complete that this season. Instead of that they were up the top of the league all season despite their small squad and were unlucky in my opinion to not go up automatically. They beat us fair and square and deserved their place at Wembley. To be so close, about 15 seconds from being promoted and then blow the shoot out at the eleventh hour was gut wrenching for them. Genuinely I'm gutted for them. Nothing against Southend in that at all and good luck to them next season.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

They'll might probably get relegated to the Conference next season.

We beat Southend 2-0 and drew away 0-0 during this season.

16. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Well done Saffend! At least a few miles less to travel next season i suppose...we have a new team yet?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

New team? It's not August yet is it?