1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-offs

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Chris-Gashead, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Are you likely to bottle it again this season in the play-offs? Must be infuriating having a side who can’t win when it matters

:emoticon-0115-inlov

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Chris- gashead,
    We have no intention of going into the play-offs and will not be cheated out of automatic promotion as we were last year. Turner will have the squad he wants this year and everything is in place (including the blue and amber striped shirts) for us to emulate the spirit of 79 when the same man lead us to become champions of a higher division. Your team as well as all the others in this division will be left trailing in our wake. Enjoy the season!

3. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Instead of worrying about our play off situation, you should be more concerned about your parlous financial state.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Rovers-suffer-loss-163-1million/story-11305898-detail/story.html

It is all very well to suggest that cost cutting is taking place. Things would have been considerably worse if you had not sold Lambert, and you rely on interest free loans from directors to make up the shortfall. Which in essence means Bristol Rovers are still deep in debt.

4. Chris-Gashead

Keep on topic Kasule, Do you think you will bottle it again this season? I think the gas will finish 1st of course, thats easy to see. But what about the mighty Shrews, will they fall at the last hurdle? I certainly hope note, but you just cant ever tell with your lot... I will watch with interest :)

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

at least town will get to the playoffs and beyond rather than finishing 19th. as for your parlous financial state i was only guessing at your situation. well there it is for all to see. i just hope paul the power buckle knows what he is doing. still you can always put matty h out on loan to muller road baptist church temperance ladies team. i think they are looking for a manager. there you are just the the job for your feral ginger nut. er floreat salopia and flotsam and jetsom pirates

6. Vanner

Vanner Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. Chris-Gashead

8. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

WUMMM!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your new-look strikeforce in action Chris- Matty Harrold and a 37 year old McGleish! Packed full of pace and creativity ;)

9. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

atcham, your posts towards Rovers seem somewhat aggressive and even, dare I suggest, a tad bitter. Did you have a bad experience at some time? I met a few likeable Shrews fans at the play offs a few years back, you must remember the game, where we outclassed you winning in comfort and style.:emoticon-0172-mooni

I expect this season Shrews will do well hanging on to our coat tails as we win L2 with great ease.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

please log in to view this image

Damn, our Bristol friends are ugly! ;)

11. Chris-Gashead

It will be fun winning the league in such style, wont it YOBG :D I can see it now, gas top, crawley second, Gills 3rd and little old Shrewsbury making play-offs. We all know what comes next :(

12. Chris-Gashead

Jen, you are so mean :(

13. atcham jack

yeoldeblue gas, never aggressive just a bit of pre season f banter and fun, now we can both banter away throughout the season. i have never had any bad experience with the gas. i used to watch them every other week in the late 50's and 60's. i do hope my attempts at friendly pre season banter is appreciated, because if it isn't just wait until the season starts. floreat salopia

14. Chris-Gashead

Atcham, I love it how you have to keep repeating yourself about it being pre season friendly banter. All us gasheads are good at is wumming, so I wouldnt worry about it. We take it in the right way, and give it back as good as we get.

15. atcham jack

just beware the ides of march gasheads, now then how to make a million and repay the clubs debt, if you were to sell feral ginger nut matty h, that would reduce your debt to £999,995. floreat salopia

16. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Outclassed---us. You are living in cloud cuckoo land. Brizzle scored two lucky goals against a second string keeper. The third goal was scored in the fag end of the match when we were down to 10 men (unjustly) and our keeper was up for a corner. As for Richard Walker. Every dog has his day and this was his day, never to be repeated as we found out to our cost. Thank goodness you gave us Mark Wright for a bargain price. You now have no one to make the goals for all these second rate/has been strikers that you have been signing. How many years was it before Buckle had the success Torquay had last season.? Can you afford to bear the cost of being also rans for those number of years? I don't think so.

17. Chris-Gashead

Well I hope it doesnt take buckle as long to find his feet as it has taken you to find promotion from league 2.

we did outclass you. Watching the game at Wembley and again on sky+, and again on youtube, I can not see how you had anything other than a decking from the mighty gas. Lets hope for your sake we both dont make the play-offs instead of Auto's. Id hate to be the ones to end your season once again via the play-offs. Would break my heart watching you lot cry again...

<laugh>

18. atcham jack

i guess both the gas and the shrews will be up there come may, once we have both overcome those wretched ides of march. perhaps we will compare notes at 17.00 hours on 6th august that is if the pilgrims have a team and are still in the league. good luck gasheads

19. Vanner

Vanner Member

20. Chris-Gashead

I consider us friends Vanner <ok>

What are friends for afterall if your not able to take the piss abit? :)