1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players collapsing with increasing regularity?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

There definitely seems to be a higher rate of this happening. However, I do think there is an increased awareness at the moment too (perhaps down to Erikson or perhaps down to Covid awareness). Some of these are reported as scares whereas previously they may have been reported as 'subbed following a knock.' For example, Lindelof had taken a heavy blow to his chest not long before he was subbed. There is a good chance his difficulty breathing may have been nothing more than a reaction to that. Not saying it was, but this season we seem to be hyper aware of anything like this and it gets reported as a health scare.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Yeah, I'm not suggesting Lindelof was just winded, it looked more serious, but for all we know he's cracked a rib when he has taken the blow. That could give off similar signals to breathing problems/heart issues. Could be countless things happened. Its undoubtedly happening more, to suggest otherwise would just be blinkered. But you need to sort the wheat from chaff because everyone seems on high alert naturally at present. So every thing is being looked at through a microscope. We are certainly more aware which will be responsible for some of the increase in reports. However the sheer volume across sports is clearly more than just awareness in my opinion. The clubs don't seem overly worried, not publicly anyway. I thought maybe it could be the effect of COVID has had on the football calendar, but the clubs would have voiced more concerns given the amount of health monitoring and injury risk monitoring they do. Very little has been said about that bar the odd comment that we are pushing them. Plus all sports haven't really had the same backing up and log jam the way football has. Time will tell.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Nah we are getting lazier for sure. Its a bad combo with our eating habits too. No doubt about it we are getting fatter as a population. We eat more and more processed crap. Its actually pretty hard to avoid. People take very little notice of how they sit or their posture, we are dealing with how many back problems a year? How many people can hand on heart say they stretch regularly etc?

I've made a point since the start of the first lockdown to not get into lazy habits. So I've made sure I keep up gym when allowed at least twice a week, replacing it with home work when not allowed. I also cycle 3 times a week, which is something I never had to stop at any stage.

I defo think people should take more care of themselves health wise for all its not something you can really dictate to a free person. People rattle on and on about getting vaccinated and how its selfish not to, because it may put pressure on the NHS if you get ill. Well you can't go for that angle unless you are going to take to task the unhealthy people across the land who put much more pressure on the NHS annually by smoking, getting fat, or a multitude of other 'sins'. These things cause way more hospitilisations on daily basis than COVID could ever hope to. That's where I draw the line, I think you've got to allow people freedom to have control of their own body - otherwise you slip into a more communist type state which dictates a whole lot more to its people. Its hypocritical to ignore all the other reasons for hospitilisations and then get sanctimonious about COVID in isolation.

I've got mates who are really fat, and they are happy. I've got mates who smoke tabs or weed, they enjoy it. I have loads of mates who exceed the recommended amount of alcohol intake on a weekly basis, but they like it. Who am I to tell them that they shouldn't do so cause they may get unhealthy. Its their choice and they are the ones who have to accept the consequences. Granted should they end up in hospital then its impacting on people working there, and all of us paying for their care. However we've always known and accepted that. The best way is simply encourage people to look after themselves and point out the benefits of doing so.

Hamish McMagdad likes this.
  4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Couldn't be arsed reading past that point.

Summary?

5. ToonArmy1892

ToonArmy1892 Well-Known Member

Napoli player came off with chest pains.

As for diet, pro footballers will be on the best diets going.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  6. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

Their diets aren't what I was meaning, The diet itself I dare say is fine, with regards vitamins, calories etc.... its the source of the food I am talking about. the chemicals used in crops and fruit and veg, the artificial injections and ****e animals are fed to fatten them up, the freezing procedures etc etc.

7. Warmir Pouchov

I'll add we are also getting more dense too <ok>

Flash likes this.
  8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Wonder if this is the cause?

Just read my Moderna vaccine leaflet and it says under side effects that the following has an unknown frequency:

"Inflammation of the heart muscle or heart lining which can result in breathlessness, palpitations or chest pains"

9. Warmir Pouchov

Was I not ridiculed and called an anti-vaxxer for suggesting these were accepted side effects?

Looking forward to the apologies :biggrin:

Flash likes this.
  10. Hamish McMagdad

I collect Stents as a hobby - I'm apologising to no man :emoticon-0153-broke:emoticon-0153-broke:emoticon-0153-broke

11. Warmir Pouchov

You don't owe me an apology mate, it was a separate thing where we have a couple of militant pro-vaxxers who like to spread misinformation and ridicule people for holding a different opinion. Its just amusing for me when you get told there is no evidence of heart issues for vaccines and you're an anti vaxxer blah blah blah for pointing it out, only for the vaccine maker to list it in the possible side effects <laugh> Bit of a **** for them that like.

And in reality its very much tongue in cheek as far as requests go, I'd never expect any apology from any **** on any subject on here. I don't give a flying ****, its just a forum, far more important things in life <ok>

12. Hamish McMagdad

I was just playing mate, everyone's entitled to live their life as they see fit with me. Me and the Mrs did get the booster yesterday and she's had to take her first day off sick in over 2 years today <doh><doh><doh>

13. Warmir Pouchov

Aye most seem to be getting hit harder by this one for whatever reason. Usually right as rain in 3 days or so <ok>.

14. Hamish McMagdad

Not sure this adds a little to your theory, but my chest is tight as **** today. However I kept waking up during the night as I kept rolling on my arm that had the injection and when I start to feel run-down it can get that way.

If it wasn't for my little ST theory in 15 minutes I'd be back in bed already <laugh><laugh><laugh>

15. Warmir Pouchov

Mate I don't really have a theory, I just look at what the change factors are that might cause the blokes pulling up with complaints. Its daft to ignore the vaccine is one factor. Devils advocate and all that, just think its a bizarre set of problems.

You'd have more knowledge of when to be concerned about chest issues given your history!

On the subject my gran is 90, she has been in and out of hospital for the last couple of years. She was offered a stent as she has blocked arteries. She is otherwise A1 in health. However she is scared to get the stent because she doesnt want to end up hospital bound the whole time if there are complications. The consultant was keen and thinks she'd get a huge benefit. He played down the risk a little but I tend to agree with him because of the health she is in. What would be your take on the whole process? Had any problems, return visits? Not that it matters really cause nee ****er tells her what to do <laugh>

16. Hamish McMagdad

It can be done differently in different hospitals, its typically done through the wrists but can be done via the groin. mine have been done through both wrists, right wrist was much easier than left, and its a fairly standard practice that they do whilst your awake. They cut into the artery and ram up what I will describe as an unbent metal coat hanger through it, this has a camera, a stent (its like the spring of a ballpoint pen) and a balloon. once they reach the blockage they will blow the balloon up and clean it out as best they can, they then leave the stent in, opening the artery up. She will be in hospital a few days if she decides to do it and will wear an annoying big plastic tap around the wound in her wrist to seal it for 24 hours.

If she is struggling it would help her a lot but she will also probably need physio mate, it knocks the **** out of you for a week or 2. I was in a week the first time, got home and I couldn't walk more than 50 meters. It takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

The procedure would probably benefit her if that's what the docs have said. But.....with all due respect mate at 90, I wouldn't want to sway you one way or the other in-case something went wrong. I felt immediate relief straight after it. I would speak to the cardiologist mate. Ask him how they would be doing it and what the risks are.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Cheers buddy good to know regardless. I'm reluctant to try to push her too much for that reason. She is 90, was the youngest of 10, never had a dad as died before she was born, lived in the war, really poor/rough upbringing so hard as nails. I just think she's earnt the right to do whatever she wants! She looks about 70. Never had a flu vaccine cause she's allergic to eggs, never had flu, never ill, she's a medical marvel! Smoked since she was 13 and drinks a lot of whiskey <laugh> Something had to catch up with her eventually!

18. Hamish McMagdad

You obviously know her better mate, but from an outsiders point of view she sounds like she's earned the right to do things on her terms to me too. All you can really do is inform her as best you can with both the pro's and con's and let her decide.

19. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Another medical emergency in the crowd yesterday at the Watford v Spurs game

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

we need to make fat bastards, smokers and druggies pay extra for the NHS to offset their self inflicted burden.

Sunderpitt likes this.