1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Please Mr Dreyfus...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nacho, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

There was nothing wrong with the old Juventus badge. It wasn't great but better than the new one, agreed. Soulless.

Our badge is overcomplicated though.

Mind, I was all for the away fans being moved. I was thinking to the SE corner not the bloody North upper though!

2. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

Just be wary of anyone who wants to change the badge or any recognised symbol.
    A long time ago in a county far far away a Chief Constable brought in a graphic designer, who just so happened to be his son, to design a new badge for his police force. The new design when it was revealed was (un)affectionately known as the beer mat. A lot of this Chief Constables officers were up in arms. Why was he changing the badge? What was wrong with the old one? What was he hoping to achieve by doing it and paying his son to do it?
    The answer. There was nothing wrong with the old badge and it has been subsequently been reinstated. The Chief Constable had to make some very unpopular decisions regarding budget constraints. He had to save a shed load of money.
    How did he do it? By creating a diversion and getting the staff to focus on something else, being the new badge.
    Whether or not that’s an accurate version of events is not for me to say. Stories are embellished and can be wildly apocryphal. But a cautionary tale nonetheless.

3. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

That would be brilliant for overseas/non locals as well. I'd happily pay an annual subscription for something that provided this.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. There are lots of improvements which could be made,I'd like to see some increased numbers,and better,ball-boys and girls. Boils my piss when we've got some momentum in our play and we want to take a quick throw in,only for some unaware ball-retriever to be struggling to locate the ball because they're not tall enough to see over the hoarding, to have serious difficulty climbing said hoarding to recover it and then to lack the physique to pick it up and throw it to the waiting player.
    Rant over!<laugh>

Oliver's Army, Nacho and Robertson like this.
  5. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

The only reason I thought of it was that I saw Man City had something on the LG app menu - haven't checked what it is though

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Very true, also train them so when we're 1-0 up with a minute left and the opposition have a throw in to slow down and not chase after it like an over eager puppy.

Robertson and sad-eyed prophet like this.
  7. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

I agree I think they could be a bit quicker. I dont think we are allowed the multi ball thing like the Prem in league one

sad-eyed prophet likes this.
  8. <laugh>