1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pochettino sacked by spurs

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCY, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Mistake I reckon go back a year and he was the dogs bollocks...

We should know after all ffs what a **** show tonight!

2. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Jose put his name in the hat yesterday probably be their manager by the weekend.

3. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

4. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

5. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

farnboromackem likes this.
  6. FulwellBri

Ole punching well above his weight.

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

8. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

This has all been arranged for a while hasn't it?

I know people talk about Mourinho as a 'straight talking breath of fresh air' but I've always thought he was a self obsessed whinger who puts on an act for the cameras. He was irritating before VAR but will be unbearable now, he'll be demanding changes before Christmas.

9. FulwellBri

If he had the money that old, klopp or pepe had had he would have won the champions league and the premier league.
    All the digs being made at someone who got that team to the cl final for their first time ever just

10. FulwellBri

Mourinho already in the seat.
    I just dont see it working.
    He starts whingeing as soon as the money tap is turned off. With levy it is never turned on.
    It will end in tears.
    With the rivalry between spurs and chelsea ( albeit not as bitter as spurs/arsenal ) I cant imagine their fans are that happy.

11. turnthetide3

turnthetide3 Active Member

For a couple of hours there'll have been a few on the ex-manager hamster wheel hoping their phone would ring. Now, they'll just have to wait and see what occurs at Southampton, Everton, Watford etc

12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

With the money the new stadium generates and the fact that they barely spent under Poch, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jose giving another huge sum of money to do something with.

13. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

The positive old Mourinho who was at Chelsea the first time round would be a very good appointment for Spurs.

The negative new Mourinho who was at Man Utd won't be a good fit IMO.

Poch will have a line as long as his arm in the summer if not beforehand.

Nads and farnboromackem like this.
  14. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

You may already know that Spuds and Chavski fans do not like each other...(i know that it is the Gunners is perhaps main rivalry) but there are perhaps more fights among the fans of the W and N London clubs.

So as well as the defensive way Maureen plays the tact he managed Chavski will be problematic

15. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Mourinho did win the league cup and Europa League at Man Utd, got them back into the champs league

pochettinho won nothing as a manager in English football

16. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

His behaviour at the end of his last stint at Chelsea was a disgrace. His demeanour in front of the camera leaves a lot to desire. He was like a moody kid at United and obviously wanted to be away from both. Spurs are taking a big big risk with him.
    On the other hand Poch seemed to have had his head turned by United and despite signing a lucrative new contract at Spurs seemed to have given up.
    What he achieved at Spurs was very commendable, spending very little money in doing so. Mourinho will want money. I can see him and Levy falling out and his moody demeanour returning quite soon after a honeymoon period.

farnboromackem likes this.
  17. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

He won nowt at spurs, whereas mourinho has won things at every club. I’d take 12 months of mourinho at safc in my lifetime, any day of the week

18. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

Fairy nuff. Poch didn’t have any money to spend yet came within a whisker of winning the league and the European Cup.
    The Mourinho that won things is a figure from the past. Today’s Mourinho is a shadow of the one who won things and he always has spent a pot full of money.
    The Mourinho I saw at Chelsea the second time and United is no better than Poch.

farnboromackem and SAFCY like this.
  19. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

To be seen. Tottenham have been on the brink of winning under poch but have either bottled it or been beaten by better teams.

personally I expect mourinho to win something for spurs. As I said to be seen but it will be interesting

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

On the face of it, looks a poor appointment, based on Mourinho’s last 2 jobs.

I have to say though, watching him, he looks fresh, he looks excited. Far more so than he did when he went to United.

Easy to forget that he won the league in his last stint at Chelsea, because of the collapse after that.

It could go either way, be a fun watch for a while at least. Love him or loath him, he’s got a personality and a character and there’s a dire shortage of that about.

Be fascinating to see how it pans out.

The Norton Cat, Nacho and SAFCY like this.