1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pochettino sacked by spurs

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCY, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It'd have been more interesting to me to see what he would have done with Arsenal, who I think would really benefit from a manager in that mould. Arsenal with a backbone would have been interesting.

Same applies to Spurs but to a much lesser extent.

SAFCY likes this.
  2. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

This is it for me, I'm glad he's back in the Prem. Can be a bit of a tit at times but I think an element of that is good. If he's getting under people's skin he's probably doing something right

Nads likes this.
  3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The rambling drivel of people like Cantona, Mourinho, etc only sounds good when they're at the top of their game. Even Ian Holloway managed to make people think he was witty when his teams were doing well.

But as Mourinho found, at Man Utd, his moaning about referees, players and other managers is shown up as infantile and blame shifting when it all goes wrong.

Some of his purchases seem ludicrous and attention seeking ...

... I think this will be his last PL job and quite short lived.

This is a big mistake by Spurs imo.

cumbrianmackem and Sunderpitt like this.
  4. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Perhaps he is desperate, he needed a job? Certainly with no money available in January... Maureen and Levy are not a match made in heaven.

It will not take much for the Spuds fans to turn on him, half of then do not like him anyhow, cos he is a ****er and managed Chelsea.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Mourinho is good value. Much of what he says on camera is an act and if you pay attention to what he says see you can see that. There's always a wry smile. He knows what he says creates a stir and he revels in it. I don't understand why people take him so seriously; he doesn't take himself seriously. Glad he's back, we need the characters.

SAFCY likes this.
  6. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest