1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pogba's agent wants him to leave Old Trafford

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Dec 7, 2020.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I mean, FFS, just before a huge game this piece of **** is at it again -

RAIOLA: IT'S OVER FOR POGBA AT MAN UTD

As quoted by Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano, Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola has told Tuttosport: "I can say that it’s over for Paul Pogba at Manchester United."

The French midfielder, who scored for United in their 3-1 win at West Ham on Saturday, has long been linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

Always nice to get a bit of festive cheer this time of year. Pogba out and the money gets spent elsewhere - certainly not in midfield (not now that we blew money on DVDB instead of Grealish).

Full text of statement -

Paul Pogba is "unhappy" at Manchester United and "has to change teams" in January, says his agent Mino Raiola.

The France midfielder's contract runs until June 2022 but he would be available to leave on a free transfer from next summer.

Pogba, 27, has made only eight Premier League appearances this season, starting five games.

"Paul is unhappy. He is no longer able to express himself as he would like and as expected of him," Raiola said.

He told Tuttosport: "He has to change teams; he has to change the air.

"He has a contract that will expire in a year and a half, but I think the best solution for the parties is to sell him in the next market."

Raiola said it was not Pogba's "intention" to extend his contract.

Pogba, who rejoined United from Juventus for £89m in 2016, has made no secret of his desire to play for Real Madrid.

In November, France manager Didier Deschamps said Pogba "cannot be happy" with his situation at United.

Pogba made only 22 appearances in all competitions last season because of an ankle injury, but in August Raiola said new contract discussions would take place.

But Raiola said on Monday that Pogba's time at United is now "over".

"It is useless to go around it," he said. "Better to speak clearly, look ahead and not waste time."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

One goal in a year and this starts again. This player is a douchebag!

As for blowing money on DvDB instead of Grealish.. Why are we stuck on this?

van Der Beek cost us £35m. Grealish would have cost more than we paid for Maguire. Also, we have barely used van Der Beek. So how can we conclude that he is already a waste of money? I don't get the thinking around this topic.

3. glazerfodder

Raiola is the one that wants Pogba to move for a fee - if he lets his client stay and leave on a free transfer, he doesn't get his percentage. I suspect he is simply agitating ahead of the window to see if there are any suitors - if so he will push the case to our board that they can recoup £Xm by selling him now - or lose him for nothing next year - and in between he will contribute even less than he has to date. Personally, I would hold the door open for him as he left.

As for how to spend the money, my own view is that we desperately need someone on the right wing - and not necessarily a Sancho - Obi Wan Bissaka needs someone to complement his defending, someone to take the ball down the right side - at the moment probably 90% of our attacking threat originates down the left.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Errrrrrrrm I didn't see any offers coming in for him in the summer. Maybe his agent should be doing a better job <doh>

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If I had an Agent that’s talking smack about my company and suggesting that I want to move without my consent, I would set the record straight in a heartbeat.

This is why I do not think that Raiola is working in isolation here. We have become a weak club by allowing this Pogba nonsense to constantly bring the club into disrepute. It is pi**poor that Woodward sits there twiddling his fingers as clowns like Raiola and Pogba run the club around in circles.

Great timing too for the cowards! He finally puts in a shift and now we have to hear this right after the game.

6. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

GOOD .. am tired of his halfasses performances
    hope he is sold in Jan

7. glazerfodder

Hopefully he will be benched for this week's CL game

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I honestly don't give a **** about his agent.

Tbf Pogba's come back and put in decent performances in both games (one off the sub's bench) so lets just judge him on that. If he carries on in the same way right up to his last game for the club, he will have my backing.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Contrary to people saying he should be dropped, I think he should play tonight.

Instead of Fred, in that position.

Give him a run. Even if he's putting himself in the shop window, **** it, use that to our advantage.

10. glazerfodder

Phil Nev's take on things ....

The comments, to me, were pre-planned, pre-rehearsed - knowing when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was doing his press conference, knowing exactly the right words to use. When I read those comments I wasn't surprised, it wasn't a bombshell. Paul Pogba is not happy, he doesn't look happy, he's not playing to his full potential, and hasn't been for a long time.

Ultimately, the inevitable is going to happen that Pogba has to leave United. The sooner you get rid of players like Pogba, players who don't want to be there, in a dressing room that's thinking about long term with energy and that vision of maybe going to win something you have to sieve out the weeds. At the moment Pogba needs to get out of that dressing room and that would suit everyone at United and Pogba as well.

11. joseshivers

joseshivers Member

I have no idea why he re-signed with United all we ever heard since is that he wants to leave.dont get me wrong on a good day he's a great player but how many good days has he had with United?

12. glazerfodder

Three

cytrax and Treble like this.