1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Intimidation of GAA youngsters appalling

THE vandalism directed against GAA facilities at council-owned playing fields in Kilkeel, Co Down, can only be regarded as a sinister development.
    It appears that loyalists are objecting to the short-term allocation of part of the complex to juvenile teams from the nearby Ballymartin club while their home pitch is undergoing renovations.
    As we report today, a Union flag was erected on one of the GAA posts which were later hacked down with cutting equipment and stencilled with the word 'British'.
    It is appalling that such blatant intimidation took place simply because youngsters were allowed to temporarily train at sporting grounds provided for the use of the entire community.
    Civic leaders should make every effort to ensure that the threatening behaviour is brought to an end and equal respect is offered to all sporting traditions in the area.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18476308

Health Minister Poots stands by ban on gay blood donors

Health Minister Edwin Poots said those engaged in high-risk sex should be excluded from donating blood
    Health Minister Edwin Poots has said he is standing by his decision to maintain a ban on gay people donating blood.

Mr Poots said he had received two new pieces of research this week which have strengthened his position.

Speaking on the Sunday Politics programme he said he did not want the ban to apply to gay people only.

"I think that people who engage in high risk sexual behaviour in general should be excluded from giving blood," the minister said.

"And so someone who has sex with somebody in Africa or sex with prostitutes, I am very reluctant about those people being able to give blood."

3. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

How does he plan to find out about people's sexual behaviour when they come to give blood?

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Test the blood for the gay gene<ok>

5. EspaniaCelt

... and a little bit of Africa in it as well?

6. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Ireland and Italy soccer teams to mark Loughinisland massacre &#8211; UDA warns of &#8220;dire repercussions&#8221;
    On Thursday, a senior loyalist paramilitary figure warned that a gesture by the Irish soccer team to mark the 18th anniversary of the Loughinisland massacre could have &#8220;dire repercussions&#8221;.

Six Catholic men were shot dead with five other men seriously wounded in June 1994 when unionist paramilitaries opened fire indiscriminately inside the Heights bar in Loughinisland, County Down as they were watching the Irish team play.

Ireland defeated Italy 1-0 that night in the Giants Stadium in New York. Among those who died in the attack was Barney Green, aged 87, the oldest victim of the recent conflict amid evidence of Crown force collusion, no-one has ever been convicted of the killings.

The Irish soccer team, who are currently competing in the Euro 2012 tournament, will again meet Italy in three days&#8217; time &#8212; 18 years to the day since the massacre. Both teams will wear armbands to mark the anniversary.

Families of the victims have welcomed the decision of the two football associations, backed by UEFA, to mark the atrocity which came to overshadow Ireland&#8217;s famous sporting victory.

But Jackie McDonald, who heads the UDA in south Belfast, said on Thursday the armband tribute could be &#8220;a recipe for disaster&#8221;, he said that the Six-County &#8216;Northern Ireland&#8217; team, traditionally supported by loyalists, might begin to mark IRA attacks in response.

ANNIVERSARY

In Loughinisland itself, a series of events has been organised this weekend to commemorate the 18th Anniversary of the massacre. Events include a Poc Fada, Gaelic football competition, big breakfast, a debate and the play &#8216;A Night in November&#8217;.

Nationalist Assembly member Caitriona Ruane said that the program was an opportunity for the community to show its support for the families in their quest for truth and justice.

&#8220;The families have campaigned for the truth and justice against a background of cover-up and hindrance from the British government, RUC and the PSNI,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;[The program of events] is an opportunity for people to come out and support the families in their campaign to break through the silence of the British government on collusion and help bring truth and justice to the families. I would ask everyone to attend as many events as possible and remember the six men murdered that evening.&#8221;

http://www.ir-news.net/2012/06/irela...repercussions/

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

SCOTLAND legend Colin Hendry &#8220;dropped like he was diving for a penalty&#8221; after being &#8220;tapped&#8221; on the shoulder during a row with a former pal.
    0 comment

Hector McFarlane claims the 6ft 1ins ex-defender collapsed when he touched him following their meeting in a trendy bar.

But sources close to Hendry denied he had fallen during the argument and accused Hector of lashing out and punching the Braveheart star &#8212; as well as his 22-year-old daughter Rheagan.

Hendry, 46, spent hours being quizzed by cops after a member of his party called them over the bust-up at Mojito in Lytham St Annes, Lancs, on Friday night.

Hector&#8217;s missus Williamina claimed the argument had started after Rheagan &#8220;gave her a look you&#8217;d give something you scraped off your shoe&#8221;.

The 61-year-old said: &#8220;She swanned past me and gave me a look. She was in her massive heels &#8212; she must have been 6ft tall while I&#8217;m just 5ft 2in. I said to her, &#8216;You&#8217;re ugly on the inside and you&#8217;re ugly on the outside&#8217;. Then I pushed past her &#8212; it was the only way to get to the toilet.&#8221;

Minutes later, Williamina&#8217;s hubby Hector spotted Hendry across the crowded bar. The furious 63-year-old was recently told by Hendry&#8217;s bankruptcy trustee that he can now expect to see just seven per cent &#8212; around £4,000 &#8212; of the cash his former pal owes him.

Hector said: &#8220;He and I have been wrangling over the £91,000 he owes me for years but I&#8217;ve never had the chance to speak to him about it face to face.

&#8220;I went over, tapped him on the shoulder and said &#8216;Colin&#8217;. He collapsed to the floor like he was diving for a penalty. It was incredible.

&#8220;Then Rheagan came over in these massive heels. She looked like Bambi on ice and when she tried to help her dad she fell over too. The pair of them looked ridiculous. I know I&#8217;ll never get the money Colin owes me, but I&#8217;ll take any opportunity to make him look stupid.&#8221;

Hector added: &#8220;As soon as the bouncers saw Hendry was on the floor they waded in and threw Williamina and me out. I think they thought I&#8217;d punched him, but I wouldn&#8217;t do that. I just tapped him on the shoulder.&#8221;

But last night sources close to Hendry blasted the McFarlanes&#8217; claims. An insider said: &#8220;What he&#8217;s saying is a load of rubbish. He&#8217;s s******g himself because the police are involved.

&#8220;Colin didn&#8217;t fall over &#8212; it would take more than a punch in the back from Hector to do that.

I&#8217;d Col that a dive &#8220;Colin feels that his business with Hector and Williamina is over, but they keep pushing. They were drunk when they arrived in Mojito and what happened after that is now in the hands of the police.&#8221;

The latest bust-up comes after we revealed how Hendry&#8217;s former pal Hector launched a website to shame him. Hector and Williamina set up colinhendrylies.com to reveal their dealings with the Scotland hero who failed to pay back thousands of pounds he had borrowed from them.

The site also includes emails from the star in which he appears to taunt the couple.

Hector and his wife became close to Hendry when they lived in Lytham St Annes. They emptied their retirement fund to help him as his late wife Denise battled ill-health after botched cosmetic surgery. Hendry later went bust with debts of £2.2million. He was discharged from bankruptcy last year. The McFarlanes say they have now been asked to travel to Blackpool police station to be quizzed about &#8220;assault and harassment&#8221; against the Hendrys &#8212; and revealed they plan to make fresh claims against Rheagan.

Last night a Lancashire Constabulary spokesman said: &#8220;I can confirm that we were called to reports of a disturbance at the Mojito bar at 10.15pm on Friday.

&#8220;We are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident.&#8221;

A spokesman for Mojito said: &#8220;I can confirm that we have a report on the incident, but it isn&#8217;t appropriate for us to comment further.&#8221;

8. EspaniaCelt

Poor Hendry. As someone once said: Running into debt isn&#8217;t so bad - it&#8217;s running into creditors that hurts!

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Hate filled Sectarian bigot Alistair McCoist was today pictured laughing and joking along with marchers at an anti Catholic rally. McCoist(49) former manager of the now defunct Rangers football seemed in good spirits as he smiled and posed for photographs along with the sectarian bigots as they prepared to disrupt traffic and intimidate Catholics. It had been thought that the suited McCoist had seen the error of his ways after having long been associated with violent sectarian killers in Belfast. Shocked onlookers were reported to have been astonished at the brazen McCoist openly fraternising and frolicking with bigots. One was reported to have said "Imagine Neil Lennon had been pictured along with marchers at a Republican Rally, this country would be up in arms".

It has been a tough few weeks for McCoist as he takes up the reigns at the yet to be named club under the auspices of Sevco (Scotland). It had been thought that the end of Rangers, a club with a long history of sectarian hatred would signal the end of such tribalism. Regretfully it now appears that McCoist is intent on keeping the flames of hatred burning brightly within his new club.

10. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

Rabbleboy, know anything about football at all? You never seem to mention the beautiful game in your outpourings?

People might think that you just use this forum as a soapbox for your personal views?

People might think you might annoy football folk enough for them to tell you to just **** off?

They might.

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Please have a look at the title of the thread. Take a long hard look at yourself, then take a running **** to yourself.

12. EspaniaCelt

... and they might not. In fact might they not be more inclined to tell you to?

13. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Saints, Ally McCoist had his photo taken today at an Orange walk. I imagine he felt very uncomfortable about it and i imagine it was just a coincidence that he was there. Are you happy now?

14. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

Happiness doesn't come into it, amazement does. Amazed that ****s like you and McCoist don't let go.

Happy now?

15. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

not really. I am not sure what it is you think i wont let go of. Or mccoist for that matter. With all of the respect due to you, you have entirely missed the point.

16. EspaniaCelt

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Fantastic news to hear that this deranged lunatic has been thrown out of the disgraced British army and won't be sent to Afghanistan to shoot up schools or weddings<ok>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18900331

Ross Hind had fake gun near Celtic training camp

A former soldier who pleaded guilty to causing a firearms incident outside Celtic's training ground at Lennoxtown has been given a community sentence.
    Ross Hind, 20, admitted a charge of having an imitation firearm near the ground in East Dunbartonshire last May.
    The incident happened at a time when Celtic manager Neil Lennon was targeted by parcel bombs.
    At Glasgow Sheriff Court, Hind was ordered to carry out 100 hours of community service.
    Hind, of Milton of Campsie, was one of two men and five women arrested over the incident, which saw armed police called to Celtic's training ground.
    'Stupid' incident During a previous court appearance he was joined in the dock by Gary Booth, 18, and 22-year-old Katrina Henderson, who also faced the same allegation.
    Mr Booth and Ms Henderson walked free after prosecutors accepted their not guilty pleas.
    It is believed proceedings were previously dropped against the remaining four people.
    When he appeared for sentencing, Hind's lawyer branded the incident "stupid" and said his client had lost his job in the army as a result.
    Sheriff Richard Clark imposed a community payback order after being told Hind "recognised the stupidity".
    The Sheriff told him that while he had knowledge of weapons others might not know it was not real.
    He added: "I have noted as a result of your actions you have lost the opportunity to pursue your career."

18. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

SEVCO POLICE SHAME HELL

Police have arrested a man following trouble which flared up during the new Rangers' first game outside top-flight football.

The 23-year-old man was detained for breach of the peace after climbing a floodlight during the away match to Brechin City.

Other fans set off smoke bombs and made sectarian remarks during the game, which ended in a 2-1 win for Rangers.

Tayside Police said the trouble was caused by a minority.

Officers said most of the capacity 4,100 support at Glebe Park conducted themselves "in an entirely appropriate way".

A police spokesman said: "The crowd were in good spirits as the game moved into extra time and the atmosphere was excellent.

"A minority tried to disrupt the game by setting off smoke bombs, with one person shouting sectarian remarks and another climbing on a floodlight structure.

"A 23-year-old male was arrested for a breach of the peace in relation to the floodlight incident and enquiries are ongoing in conjunction with Strathclyde Police to identify those responsible for the other offences.

"The actions of the minority should not overshadow the football game that was well attended, well supported, with fans from both sides conducting themselves in an entirely appropriate way."

Lee McCulloch scored the winning goal in extra time during the Ramsdens Cup tie.

The match was the new Rangers' first competitive outing since the club's financial troubles saw it go into administration and voted into the Irn-Bru Third Division.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-19046589

What Sevco fans have to say about flares/smoke bombs*

*WARNING MED DOG CONTENT

I assume he has been as good as his word and addressed this topic on GC.........

19. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

According to Medro it was all fun and banter.

20. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

But there were chilren there....CHILDREN