1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Hoops440 likes this.
  2. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

3. EspaniaCelt

4. Big Audio Dynamite

Big Audio Dynamite Well-Known Member

5. DevAdvocate

Windass probably looks good in their eyes because they've only seen dross for the last year or so and don't know the difference between having an average game and a good one. Pundits also said he was good though, so maybe he has come good and there is a player there. Let's see next week if he's still a great player.

6. EspaniaCelt

7. EspaniaCelt

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    DevAdvocate likes this.
  8. DevAdvocate

Jimmy Calderwood has revealed the role that David Murray played in getting him the Dunfermline manager’s job in 1999. Calderwood was working in Holland at the time when he was approached by Murray on behalf of Dunfermline and given the incentive that it would be a stepping stone to taking over from Dick Advocaat at Ibrox.

Despite two years of success at Dunfermline alongside Jimmy Nichol there was no follow up from Murray who brought in Alex McLeish to replace Advocaat after the little general had been turned over by Martin O’Neill’s Celtic side.

In an interview with Radio Scotland Calderwood discussed his move to Dunfermline explaining: “The big carrot for me was David Murray, he said that if I did well I’d be going to Rangers, I’d be the next manager of Rangers but obviously that didn’t come to fruition.
    “I was always a Rangers supporter, it was just a dream. Anytime when Rangers were playing in European games, in Holland or near Holland I’d be at the games.
    “So I took the bait a little bit, Gavin Masterton was on the phone as was big John (Yorkson). At that time Dunfermline was a great club, I don’t know if Sir David had a lot to do with it, he was very close to Gavin Masteron with the bank (Bank of Scotland).
    “I was close to Sir David, he just told you ‘we’re bringing you across with a view to being the next manager of Rangers’ and I took the bait.
    “I went to Ibrox to watch a few games with Jimmy Nic, he’d (Murray) say I’ve told you you are going to be the next manager, you don’t need to come to games. That was about it, it was disappointing.”

EspaniaCelt and rogueleader like this.
  9. DevAdvocate

Developing story btw. This could be nuclear

10. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

please log in to view this image

Big Audio Dynamite likes this.

11. Big Audio Dynamite

Proven match fixing changes everything.

Hopefully a little porridge diet for some :)

12. Big Audio Dynamite

Gonna fix Wullie's picture, I ****ing hate that.

13. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

14. Big Audio Dynamite

If you watch closely, you can see the exact moment Jason Dair realises he will never play for Jimmy Sandalwood again :)

DevAdvocate likes this.
  15. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

Jason Dair is the Greatest ever Scottish footballers newphew, Mr Jim Baxter nonetheless.

That's how determined to lie down they were that day....

Meanwhile over at Rugby Park...

Link/Page Citation

Byline: HUGH KEEVINS and COLIN DUNCAN EXCLUSIVE

FURIOUS Celtic players accused Gordon Marshall of being a turncoat after they lost the title at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

Marshall, a former Celt, was slammed at Rugby Park for not helping his old club leapfrog the goals advantage enjoyed by Rangers.

He was reminded of his background and criticised for not letting it influence his performance as Celtic scored four goals but couldn't get enough to win the league flag.

Sports Record also understands that Kilmarnock and Celtic were at loggerheads in the build-up to the match after the Parkhead side demanded extra ball boys. Martin O'Neill's side wanted to ensure the ball was in play as much as possible to help their goal chase but Killie turned down their request.

They then received an anonymous letter accusing them of pandering to Rangers.

The revelations follow Celtic striker Chris Sutton's bitter outburst on Sunday when he
    accused Dunfermline of lying down to Alex McLeish's men in the 6-1 defeat which took the title to Ibrox.

Last night Marshall, who was having his last game for the club and was made Kilmarnock's captain for the day, refused to go into specific details of what went on as players clashed in full view of startled match officials and onlookers.

But he confirmed he had deep regrets over the undignified end to his Rugby Park career.

Marshall said: "There are some Celtic players who I have no sympathy for. I was annoyed and outraged by some of the stuff that went on.

"I don't know what the Celtic players were hoping for and I will take whatever was said about my performance as a back- handed compliment.

"I was Kilmarnock's captain and I wanted to keep a clean sheet if possible. I knew I wouldn't get a pat on the back whatever happened during the game but whatever was said about me is water off a duck's back.

"My emotions still haven't settled down and I don't expect to get back to normal for a few days yet. But I am very disappointed with the attitude shown to me by certain players."

Marshall said some players blasted him for allegedly wasting time when he was adjudged to have brought down Alan Thompson for a penalty kick.

The keeper had earlier been booked for protesting over the penalty decision involving Sutton and left the field to jeering from the Celtic fans.

But he said: "I wasn't aware of the jeering because I was applauding the Kilmarnock fans as I was leaving them for the last time."

The row over the ball boys has also cast a shadow over the incredible end of the season.

Celtic asked Killie for more but the Ayrshire club insisted in employing the same number they have used all season.

Killie then told Celtic to get lost when they threatened to bring their own ball boys with them to Rugby Park.

The day after the row Kilmarnock received an anonymous letter accusing them of lying down and pandering to the needs of Rangers.

The correspondence also pointed out in no uncertain terms that Celtic would make Jim Jefferies' side pay by wiping the floor with them on Sunday.

Jefferies pinned the letter up in the dressing room to help fire up his players for their final league game of the campaign.

Last night a Kilmarnock source said: "At the start of the week Celtic requested that we put on extra ball boys and have balls placed around the pitch because Rangers were doing something similar at Ibrox.

"We told them we had enough and didn't need any more but Celtic then wanted to bring their own ball boys down with them.

"We told them they could do that if they wanted although we made it clear there was no way they would be getting anywhere near the pitch.

"I don't think their manager was too happy, however this was our home game, not theirs."

16. Big Audio Dynamite

I was at Rugby park (a most apt name) Marshall was wasting time from the KO. But what was really embarrassing for him, was when he kept doing it even though they were 4-0 down. He was just making it obvious he wasn't impartial.

Meanwhile back at the asylum, a wink is all it took to put Mr Sandalwood at attention.

You could say match fixing is a game changer ;)

EspaniaCelt and DevAdvocate like this.
  17. Big Audio Dynamite

EspaniaCelt and DevAdvocate like this.
  18. DevAdvocate

19. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Big Audio Dynamite likes this.
  20. Big Audio Dynamite