1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread (no personal schizzle)

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Quesadaad, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quesadaad

Quesadaad Well-Known Member

Should have been banned a long time ago. Do nothing except feed addicts habits.

Archers Road, Tobes and BobbyD like this.
  2. Quesadaad

Would it be undemocratic to block reporting on what he says. Starve him of the attention he obviously craves

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

these ****ty machines are deadly and are everywhere. Definitely needs a clamp down on.

Libby and Archers Road like this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

They’re limited to four per shop already. If you remove that limit you probably reduce the number of shops.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Is that really a bad thing?

High streets will be more empty though.

6. Quesadaad

Hope so. Absolutely no need for the amount of bookies you see down an average high street. In Hull, alot of them seem to be strategically placed in some of the more deprived areas.
    Morally bankrupt, alongside the likes of Wonga etc

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

She’s got form for being a maverick and she obviously felt strongly about this one and thought it was being launched into the long grass.

PleaseNotPoll, BobbyD and Quesadaad like this.
  8. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Those ****ing machines are evil. Go in any bookies and you’ll see people feeding them £20 notes as fast as they can empty their wallets. Meanwhile no ****er is betting on dogs or nags

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Yeah that’s kind of my point, though personally I’d rather every shop was a pub, bookie or takeaway

However no one is forcing anyone to use them. I’d say online gambling is more dangerous given you don’t see the physical cash leave your wallet.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. Quesadaad

Payday lenders don’t force anyone to take out loans with them. But i’m sure most would agree there business practices are shady as ****, to say the least.
    Agree about online gambling btw. Needs to be more closely monitored with restrictions on how much you can bet in one go.

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

There should be a usuary law, as there’s been in the USA for ages.

Quesadaad likes this.
  12. Quesadaad

Agreed. Simply no need to charge that much interest.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Like this?

I wonder how long it'll take the Fail readers to turn on the rag, now that it's under new management?

Tobes likes this.
  14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

The estimate I heard is that the bookies (assumed collectively) will make a further £1 billion from this delay ... ouch!

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not long, they’ve been talking about Hitler having a softer side today <laugh>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  16. <laugh>

Saw this on a Poppy thread with reference to James Maclean. It's brilliantly mental.

"
    Every year this prick gets publicity for his contempt for fallen soldiers of Britain and every year he brings up about a couple of his uncles who were killed by British troops and how he grew up on the bogside, what he hasn't grasped is if Britain and then in turn the whole of Ireland was invaded by the Germans during the second world war, there would had been no troubles in 70's and it would had been Germans stamping down on any disorder the Republicans could had mustered.
    He should be grateful it was the soft touch British and not the hardcore nazis that were in charge."

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

As long as they keep on hating on Muslims most of the scum that buy it won't care...

PleaseNotPoll and Quesadaad like this.
  18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

This is going to sound a bit stereotypical perhaps but the guys I have seen pour the most money into those things are Chinese!

There also used to be a time when the stake was not limited to £100 - I worked in Staines for a couple of years around 2002-2004 and the guy who was the Group Financial Controller had a brother who worked for Alan King (horse trainer) in Wiltshire ... anyway we used to get tips every now and then - always with the same adage " [Name Of Horse] has been chasing pigeons on the gallops" ... in fairness most of the tips either won or went very close.

Anyway one day we had a tip for a horse called "Handy Money" - this horse had a long term injury so hadn't raced for 12 months etc - tip came through for its reappearance run. So about 5 of us from the office had a walk down to William Hill's in the town at lunchtime and bet on it - I put £50 on it (big for me but info is info) - we streamed the race commentary in the afternoon and it won at 11/2. ... but the story behind the story is that when we went in the bookies at the lunchtime there was a crowd of Chinese guys around the one fella playing roulette - he was betting what I think were £500 spins ... and was about £11k up <yikes> but when we went back to collect our winnings after work he was still in there, sweating like a bitch, swearing at the terminal and getting warned when he kicked it in his anger ... the guy behind the counter told us that not only had he put the whole £11k back in - he had followed that with another £10k chasing his losses...ffs <doh>

Silly ****er assumed he was playing real roulette rather than against a computer chip ... only one outcome - I think they are ****ing evil things <ok>.

Tobes likes this.
  19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Did you all go out for work drinks afterwards?

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

In Staines? ... what do you think? .... in fairness there were a couple of nice pubs down by the river ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.