1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0104-surpr

davecg69 likes this.
  3. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Schad, good chat, it's been fun.

I think to sum up my view point, id say:

Everyone is privileged in ways they didnt earn, and disadvantaged in ways they don't deserve.
    This is why the oppressor/oppressed narrative is one we have to throughly think about and investigate - it can easily lead to everyone against everyone, or allow people to be manipluated to suit political agendas.

At times nowadays, especially on social media, it feels like everyone is shouting to see who can be the biggest victim. If everyone can grow thicker skin, work together, treat each other equally and most importantly listen to each other to address the real issues, there is hope. But unfortunately all I seem to see is tribalism getting worse, and critical thinking declining as people shout over each other.

I think you're correct when you say the evidence is clear that there is a big problem, and I really hope it can be corrected peacefully.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  4. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Pfeffel senior has jetted off to his Greek bolt hole - via Bulgaria! To avoid Greece's ban on Brits he's sneaked in by the back door. Let's hope they arrest him and he gets his holiday in the jailhouse.

davecg69 likes this.
  5. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

FAE8F3BC-4318-4F30-A908-DEA9E23BEAEE.jpeg

6. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

I have friends working in Europol and Dutch security, they're game for a laugh. Let's get the old fart banged up with some wronguns. More detail please Ah saw the Mail article.

7. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Obviously, at his age, and being poor, he can’t afford to have an agent look after the property for him, which is why he has to do it himself.
    He’s probably got to dust, sweep and mop the floor, prepare the beds and organise a welcome pack of food for his guests.
    Then he will have to hide a door key under the third garden rock, to the left, or is it to the right, of the front door, so that he doesn’t have to wait there to walk his guests around the home.
    I expect Johnson junior will have to do the same at Chequers, before too long, now that he has got the pandemic under control, or he would have if it wasn’t for those pesky councils calling him out on lack of information, and the pesky public who are using the same level of common sense as he has, when deciding that now is a good time to open up pubs.

8. San Tejón

Don’t know when this was done, but a bit of fun with Eric Cantona

davecg69 likes this.
  9. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

10. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

One law for them and one law for us. Typical ****ing Tories.

11. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

On the bright side, the virus cares not who your father was, nor which schools you attended, nor how much sway you have in caucus. It's an equal-opportunity presenter of consequences.

12. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

I saw this today, and it absolutely sums up Tory divide and conquer strategy Screenshot_20200703_152850.jpg

Archers Road and ChilcoSaint like this.
  13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

14. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

A lot of seniors as well. This sounds very bad.

15. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

These No10 briefings that are being proposed amount to no more than party political broadcasts. Presumably to maintain balance other parties will be given equal airtime.

davecg69 and San Tejón like this.
  16. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

The United Kingdom is a disgrace in the eyes of the world. I feel ashamed.
    B78BF021-E40A-4832-AA07-0C6E6F479D54.jpeg

davecg69 and Farked19 like this.
  17. San Tejón

A truly sad story that is possibly being repeated throughout the country.
    The UK IS a disgrace and the people responsible need to be held to account, but that is unlikely when the three biggest supporters of Brexit are the PM, the Home Secretary and Michael f**king Gove, ably supported by Dominic Scummings.
    If I was Arya Stark, they would be the first 4 on my list, with Duncan Smith, Rees Mogg and Jeremy Hunt, to follow.

ChilcoSaint and davecg69 like this.
  18. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Only "liked" this because it sums uo everything which is now wrong in this country. A social worker now going back to her country because of what a minority of the population want - and most of those were taken in by the lies of the £350m a week back to the NHS. I can forgive anyone for voting that way because they believed it, but as soon as it was debunked as absolute bollocks I expected them to recant and, as its become more and more clear that the only winners out of this are going to be the mega-rich with their offshore accounts in tax havens, disaster capitalists and mates of Demonic Cummings, to actively demonstrate against it. However, I've been so saddened by the apparent majority of the public who are more "whoo hoo the pubs are open" and "I can now get a KFC" than angered by what is looming on the horizon.
    Over the last 4+ years I've been embarassed to be English and now I'm totally ****ed off with it all and wish I could go and live in a reasonable country which isn't so torn apart with these issues. I've just broken off a relationship of nearly 6 years because I cannot stand her and her family's constant defence of this government, Cummings and the final straw of being told "well, as a priviliged pensioner, if you don't like it here, why don't you go and live somewhere else?". So that's it - as far as I'm concerned they can **** right off and don't come crying next year when it all turns to ****. Sadly, I cannot afford to go anywhere else (healthcare costs apart from anything else) and my pension pot has been hugely hit by the financial issues caused by all this. However, my situation is still a hell of a lot better than the poor sods who've lost their lives because of incompetence, the families hit by all of this and the ones who are either out of work now or will be next year when Brexit really bites .......
    I don't understand why everyone isn't out revolting ............ I suppose because most of us are socially responsible and won't be down the pub getting bladdered ..... :emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry

19. San Tejón

Spot the difference?
    The T-shirt, apparently, is an official one, available on the Trump campaign website.

upload_2020-7-4_15-4-52.jpeg

20. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

It's *still* on their merch store several days after the similarity was pointed out. It's hard to screw up and accidentally copy Nazi imagery, but in general if that happens, your response is "whoa, yeah, that was a mistake, we aren't selling that anymore". They seem weirdly fine with it!