1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I might apply. I mean how hard can it be for a clown who would just spout political nonsense to stand in for a clown who just spouts political nonsense?

2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

A stand in for an empty suit. Can’t be that hard mate, give it a go, it’s bound to pay well.

3. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

Would give him more time for shagging and you more opportunity for spouting ...

... win win <cheers>

fatletiss likes this.
  4. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

I can`t imagine he`d be any good at shagging.

shoot_spiderman likes this.
  5. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

No but he is good at breeding. He has loads of little bastards all over the place.

6. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

This is how the future president tweets, better than that orange looney.

7. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

The latest piece of Pfeffel desperation is the idea of creating a new ' superpower' with Austraila, Canada and New Zealand. Good luck with that one Bozza you half witted albino sewer rat.

San Tejón likes this.
  8. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

The Commonwealth then, but with fewer smiling piccaninies?

9. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

So he gets the new badge "I'm a gobshite talking superbollocks"

10. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

I don’t know over what period of time these front pages were printed, but it really looks as if the Express is pushing the Mail for the most scaremongering paper in the UK.

upload_2020-8-10_10-42-35.jpeg

11. Farked19

I wouldn't underestimate the potency of this. The Tories certainly are not. The problem is that a majority of British voters perceive that there is an immigration issue and that isn't a view that it is going to be easy to change. The more it is in the news the harder it will be for Labour to break through. Labour really needs to get a grasp of this. A friend of mine, lifelong Labour supporter, including Dec19 said to me that he watched an interview with Diane Abbott and a Tory MP and he disagreed with everything she said and agreed with everything he said.

12. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

As Michael Holding said in his brilliant interview about the BLM movement on the Sky Cricket channel, absolutely no one has ever been born a racist, it has to be taught. Whether it’s by parents, teachers, school friends, or too much exposure to the Mail and Express, people are conditioned to believe myths about immigration which are easily disproved, but it’s always harder to remove a prejudice than to instil it in the first place. I suggest your friend needs to take a long hard look at himself.

davecg69 likes this.
  13. San Tejón

It’s the lie about immigrants forcing down wages, that bloody annoys me.
    It’s the employer who is doing that, by offering less than minimum wages to desperate people, who are forced into accepting half a loaf instead of a hole loaf, rather than get nothing at all.

14. San Tejón

Bang on cue, James O’Brien talking about migrants, with some interesting factual figures.

davecg69 likes this.
  15. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

They are experts at talking the right talk and winning people over that way .......... the fact that the media in this country is, by and large, run by billionaires who were amongst those threatened by the EU tax means it is in their interest to keep the "ordinary man" brainwashed as to what is really going on, so they spout out the same nonsense and lies. i wonder when the penny will finally drop that, come January 1 next year, France no longer have to deal with these refugees, but can openly and legally allow them to travel outside of the EU to the country of their choice. And when the gammons kick off about them coming here because they can get "free this and free that", please remember that the major reason is the language. Because the British attempted to colonise half the bloody world in the past, most refugees speak English and not French, German, Spanish, Italian ...... so it's much easier for them to work here.
    Of course, to Chilco's point, the fact that this shower of government have taken us out of the EU will mean even more low paid jobs and less employee protection, so they'll be ****ed like the rest of us. God knows why anyone in their right mind would want to come to this cesspit of rampant racism and xenophobia, I must wonder. They are desperate though and hopeful of a better life ................. Maybe one day we'll recover our decency again ............

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  16. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

17. San Tejón

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  18. Farked19

I understand your feelings on this, but lecturing people who disagree almost certainly won't work. I would say that the majority of Labour voters who switched in 2019 are against looser immigration rules. And let us not lose sight of the fact that the central plank of Corbyn's manifesto was an open door policy. I doubt you could sell that to even as many as supported Labour last time if you maintained it into the next election.

Sometimes policies are just not possible to sell to the electorate in general and that was one of them. Labour need to make their minds up on this. You either keep 'clean' and maintain your policy at the expense of the votes you need to take power or you trim. I am fully aware that the current leadership is sailing perilously close to Blairite pragmatism but it's a hard choice. Either you adopt policies that former Red Wall voters can support or you stay what effectively will be a pressure group with fewer than 30% of the seats in parliament.

tiggermaster likes this.
  19. SaintStu

SaintStu Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the Kent social services and understand the stress of the workload and cost caused by the the number of refugees reaching our shores, and they need additional resources. We can and should cope.
    The MP for Dover really makes my skin crawl every time she is given airtime - every sentance is like a Daily Mail headline.
    I don't understand how we can expect the French to police our borders for us when that means they are keeping people that don't want to be there, that they don't want either.
    Those picture of the number of 'boats' impounded is amazing though and is obviously being supplied by criminals, that is where the French should be concentrating their efforts.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  20. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

ChilcoSaint likes this.