1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pompey up next - time to break hoodoo?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Dec 12, 2020.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

And on top of that to have 3 players ahead of him who've collectively made less than 50 first team starts.

I get what people are saying tactically about Lambert. But the players he has available to him at the moment simply aren't good enough to mount a challenge in this league.

The one shining light seems to be that our academy is producing high quality players but its not fair on these lads to have to put them in all at once. We have 5 academy products on the team sheet today plus someone else's. You can't expect anything with a team like that.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I used to want to hold onto the best players to help us do well in the top flight but now I just think they are holding their careers back by being at Town.

3. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Finding it increasingly difficult to care. Result is usually exactly what you'd expect. If we're against a team challenging at the top half of the table we'll lose. If it's mid table or lower we might struggle towards 3 points.

Using youth team players has been something we've all called for over the years, but when the strategy becomes an excuse it shows we've gone too far.

Nuggets likes this.
  4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Know what you mean Mike I didn't even tune in until after the game had started this continual disappointment is leading to spiralling apathy among its most steadfast supporters, Evans is grinding the life out of the Club the question is why ? If he owned the ground and wanted to make a fortune selling it as building land I could understand it but he doesn't own it so what's it all about ?

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

He stands to lose a huge amount of money unless he can get the club into the Premier League.

He wants to keep his losses to a minimum.

Those two factors are contradictory, which is why we are where we are.

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  6. fieldmarshall

In that case as with any other business you invest to make it profitable but this clown does the opposite and sells the assets, its been going on for years so I can only assume he enjoys losing money.

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I don’t usually hold much truck with conspiracy theories but there’s something about the way he’s let the Club spiral into such disarray that just doesn’t add up.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If you want a conspiracy theory, I think a big factor in taking ownership of Town was the London Olympics and Clegg coming in. It was a bit of a coincidence that our Chief Executive was involved with the Olympics and that Marcus Evans’ business is events.

I don’t think there’s any conspiracy now, apart from Evans being delusional enough to think that it’s likely we can be promoted back to the Championship without some investment in the playing staff.

9. fieldmarshall

Evans got the Irish Olympic ticket allocation and Clegg left soon after, we saw Clegg at Doncaster railway station at an away match and he kept driving round the car park in his new white Jaguar as fans were arriving, he didn't collect anyone just kept going round and round.