1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Positives

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Well we may be looking at Bruce long term now…. ASM, our best player being sold… the takeover pretty much dead very little hope for the season… but there must be positives no?

we need to dust wa’selves down and roll wa’sleeves up and try to battle hard to hopefully finish 4th bottom.

Surely?

2. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Despite everything, we finished 12th.

We played good football, we have time to sign a few players - which I think we will.

ASM is everyones favourite player, hes not an objectively amazing player. Everton want him for not just football reasons, he was linked to Liverpool so it looks a coup and its not a classic Rafa signing. It will excite the pissed off fans.

I'd take 60m, snap their hands off.

3. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Bruce is going nowhere because the reality is he's finished 13th and 12th and that's good in the eyes of his employer. The fact the fans don't like him is irrelevant... The fans opinion counts for nothing with nufc.. Zero.

We've spent money over the last 2 seasons.. We usually don't spend anything at all, so I don't think we're going to bring anyone of note in unless arsenal accept our low ball offer for willock late on.

It's the way nufc is now... Nufc is no different to Crystal Palace, Brighton, Norwich or any of the other also rans.

Mike ashley and nufc makes it crystal clear what's on offer to it's paying customers and nobody forces them to pay for tickets.

4. Welshie

We are getting to the complacent part of the Ashley process, two decent seasons and now lets just chill. Same happened under Pardew once, we were in Europe and decided to cash in. Let's just not sign anyone and hope for the best in the league, we survived by the skin of our teeth which is a testament to how well Pardew did with the squad.

I do feel we will sign two players, Willock and that other lad, but my other areas I know we need reinforcements in we simply wont do anything about.

5. Dr Van Helsing

It does feel like one of those times you end up thinking ffs Ashley all we need is a couple of cms on loans.. Like a couple of million and the 11 would be strong

6. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Every passing day is a day closer to Ashley dying

Dorty Dogbreath and Flash like this.
  7. Welshie

Yep, always something every season holding the club back. Last season, it was playing about 75% of the season with Bruce's coaching, no support from Jones. Now it's Ashley not supporting the better coaching team with money to build on a solid finish.

The hierarchy at the club is absolutely clueless, they genuinely don't see how close the club was to being relegated last season. If Jones didn't work out and Willock didn't turn out to be a top player we'd be talking about how we push on in the championship this season and hoping we can come back up.

8. Dr Van Helsing

He's going to outlive us all

9. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

Do we really have an interest in giving a **** anymore?

we always want to be in the Premier league, but why? because we get to play the top sides…. but many of us now view at least a third of the premier league as toxic backstabbing ****s. And 3 of the PL are new kids following their promotion; that leaves 10 other clubs we’d class as the existing top tier sides, and none of them have murmured a word of support for our club’s situation. Clubs also want the Premier so they can develop and progress, we don’t have an owner who seeks that; merely survival. Treading water at best. He’s kept us away from financial ****, but that’s pretty much ‘it’.

objectively, I don’t care if we get a relegation to the Championship, I wouldn’t want a further relegation after that, but I don’t see any reason to want to stay up and - whilst I don’t hate Ashley - I don’t see why his club deserves to stay up if he won’t fund some new staff.

If we have a good season, yeah great, but still the same status quo with no excitement, if we have a **** season I’ll just shrug me shoulders, so what, at least something will change.

however, maybe it’s happening

10. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Last weekend for me, until the Ashley cancer is driven from Newcastle.

Hopefully this ****ty clusterfuck of a club will sign off my current interest with a defeat to Burton tonight. Rumours of a new Bruce contract will surprise absolutely no-one, other than it only being for 3 years rather than the usual 8.

The only club in the Premier League to have signed ****ing nobody with barely two weeks til the season starts.

The most disgusting ongoing treatment of fans I think I've seen since Oyston's Blackpool days. And it carries on. Only club without a dedicated liaison officer, a horseshit takeover that isn't even real, silence from Charnley (as per usual). I mean, it's a toxic place, it's bad for mental health and it's not a club I recognise any longer.

The PL, and football in general, is a corrupt mess, full of childish media like Talksport with the whole thing being closer to Instagram than a competitive working mens sport. It's all about who's buying who, superstar haircuts, transfer rumours and other pathetic nonsense.

In short, my life is worth way more than this so for the time being I'm out. Probably won't be back, certainly won't be missed! It's been emotional. Mostly not in a good way.

CaraMatt likes this.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

The real reason Shelvey is not playing

20210730_193336.jpg

CaraMatt and Munson. like this.
  12. Welshie

Shelvey does look like he rapes cats tbh

13. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

What positives are there honestly.

Our transfer budget is 10m.

Man City offer 100m for Grealish: who can’t get a game for England.

Man Utd pay 73m for Sancho who can’t get a game for England.

Arsenal pay 50m for White who can’t get a game for England.

FFS this is bollocks!

Schlem Boogerman and CaraMatt like this.
  14. Welshie

Both Grealish and Sancho played in the Semi final and are clearly extremely talented players.

I dunno where the 10m number came from like

15. Prince Isak (GG)

16. Prince Isak (GG)

17. Prince Isak (GG)

At the rate of our transfer activity. 10m seems luxurious!

18. Welshie

19. Prince Isak (GG)

I agree. I’m not comparing ourselves to them but it just shows the playing field is not anywhere near equal.

20. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

I say £100 million is Messi/Ronaldo money - there is no way Grealish compares to those 2…. It’s Fackin mental!