1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Possible January transfers

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Oct 21, 2015.

1. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

It is reported that AN is looking for new blood for January. It seems that most of us feel that we need to strengthen our defence. With NCFC likely to be in the bottom half of the table come January (even bottom 6 or lower) how do we attract new players to Carrow Road? Is it likely to be the loan market (again) or do you think we can attract permanent signings?

2. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Hopefully we can secure a couple of permanent signings, but I wouldn't be averse to perhaps one more loan.

I'm sure most on here will agree that centre-back is the number one priority. Possibly right-back too, but I'd like to see Wisdom given more of a run in the starting XI.

Beyond that, I wouldn't say we necessarily 'need' to strengthen considerably anywhere else (although if a player is available at the right price who would 'upgrade' an aspect of our first team, I'm obviously all for it).
    With Mulumbu returning from injury, I think we have some really good and varied options in midfield.
    Even up-front I think we've got decent strength in depth - Mbokani is looking a good acquisition.

3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Can't say I've been impressed with what little I've seen of Wisdom to be honest.

4. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a tricky one, stick with someone who doesn't seem quite up to scratch, or see what a younger, inexperienced player has to offer.

5. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Our best right back is playing centre back for some reason. And not very well.

carrowcanario likes this.
  6. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

What are the rules on loans these days? I thought it was a maximum of two, but we've already got Jarvis, Mbokani and Wisdom have we not?

7. Russ Martin 2

Russ Martin 2 Active Member

I think it's a limit of two from BPL clubs (i.e. Jarvis and Wisdom). Not sure there are many players outside the BPL we would consider bringing in on loan.

8. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

With Wolves currently mid-table, if they were to continue to look like they will not worry the top six then a cheeky bid for Afobe might once again be on the cards. Other than that who are the best championship defenders we might be able to pinch or anyone not getting game time at the mid to upper end of the PL? Unfortunately all the best in the champ will be likely up there challenging for promotion and hard to wrestle away. There's always Europe of course, but who knows what you'd get? Mid-table Serie A CB? Italians know how to defend don't they?

Bah!

9. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

10. Russ Martin 2

Russ Martin 2 Active Member

Well Southampton were just being selfish taking Van Dijk AND Caulker when they already had Fonte...

11. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I think they call that "ambition" Russ ........

carrowcanario likes this.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

John Terry anyone?

Bah!

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

That's what always worries me. When it comes out, that in January we need to Strengthen Here, here, and here.....What!? The places we have all been constantly moaning, and begging for the the past 3-4 seasons!?....Then this comes out, we sign noone useful. Then this comes up in the summer...then January....Then summer. We all know what we have needed since the season we last got relegated from the Prem. It didn't happen then, it's not gonna happen in Jan. We are going to be one of the least attractive sides in the Prem by then. Lower League players is all we would attract. Too little, Too late. The obvious business should have been done in the summer. There won't be improvements available in Jan, because our board wont spend the money that would be needed to bring in good players in that market. Summer is when the important business needs to be done. As usual, we didn't take advantage of our promoted status and wages.

14. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Pray tell me how we are supposed to get these members of your "dream team?" Maybe we should offer them a million pounds per week! <doh>

You talk as if we have not tried to sign better players. Sorry but you're talking absolute squit!

15. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Some things never change Dave. :emoticon-0105-wink:

16. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Wow, uncharacteristically overly sarcastic Dave. I didn't say we didn't make any kind of attempt. But if we don't spend the money in the Summer markets, then we wont in the Jan market when prices are massively inflated, and the good players are held on to so preciously. It's not hard to work out, if you think about it for a second.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Not being sarcastic, just being honest! Maybe you're too young to remember the dark days when we were just hours from going out of existence. I'm quite happy that now we are on an even keel, our board doesn't spend stupid money on mercenaries, I don't want us to become the new QPR!

stilljaroldcanary likes this.
  18. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Yes good point Dave. As much as we could use another decent CB it's got to be the right player at the right price. If we can't secure both sides of the equation then we go without. Frustrating but that's the way it is when you're managing risk.

19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I actually think that it was a good transfer window in the end, except for not bringing in another quality CB. The indications were that if we couldn't bring in high quality, there was no point in bringing in someone as just cover, as that wouldn't improve the squad. I agree with that, despite the disappointment.

20. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Absolutely.