1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Posting streams

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I know everyone is trying to be helpful posting streams for games but I genuinely think this needs to be done by pm only. Increasingly streams are being closed down mainly because some put them up all over the place, Facebook twitter here and other forums. There’s only a handful of streams at best for any game and if we’re not more responsible about promoting them, none of us will have anything to watch. I’m not having a go at anyone as it’s all done with best of intentions but far more care is required.

ristac, Irishshako and patb like this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Got it.

Only post streams in the afternoon!

3. Eireleeds1

I’m not having a go at you Matt or anyone else <ok> A guy on twitter had a great one yesterday, shared on pm but insisted he didn’t want it reposted on any forums as would be shut down within minutes

Irishshako and Old Git like this.
  4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Speaking personally I prefer utube streams which I get on my phone and then play through my tv
    Not being a tech wizard I like simple things and will not download anything which I don’t trust which is most things
    Utube suits me fine only problem is if we get one it only usually lasts for the first half
    I have no problem with a pm sounds a good idea to me :emoticon-0100-smile

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Yeah, its a difficult one.

On one hand there's a better chance that that the game will continue if we don't share it, but it also is a little elitist as we're hiding he hiding from other Leeds fans.

There's no wrong or right answer..

One thing we could do is:-

The reason why I'm hesitant not to hide the link is that every poster of the game advertises themselves on the stream as the person who has created it, by giving a link to their own twitter page

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Just tell me:emoticon-0140-rofl:

Irishshako likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

You’re not hiding it though if available by pm. Otherwise nobody ends up with the full game which is pointless I believe

8. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

You got to be signed in as a user on not606 to see links and pictures and I don't think one of our own would report it <ok>

davy likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Didn’t realise that. Any of our own picking up the links though should be aware of the possible consequences of resharing them elsewhere

NostradEmus and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  10. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Very true. We can always make a group mail and add new users on as when they request a link. Taking it off the main board wouldnt be hard to do <ok>

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Greetings from Malaga & a few spare moments in the port.

I don't have a problem with a PM group, especially if lurkers can't see the links anyway (so no disloyalty to any punters). My point is that when you're in a hurry looking for links, it can take forever to plough through the match page. You mess about trying a link, only to find it doesn't work - as you'll get told 10 posts down the thread. I thin kit's a great idea to PM the links to a group of known active posters who have requested to be on the list. That way, if you get in late, you go to the latest PM to find out what's actually working. Keeps the match day thread cleaner too.

Thoughts? (Might not be here to reply, right enough :) ).

OLOF, Old Git, FORZA LEEDS and 3 others like this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One ex member told Matt via twitter he had reported the stream he was posting, could have been hot air but the threat is there

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  13. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Some great points raised. Especially regarding hunting for links in the match day thread.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Great point Neil <ok>

15. Eireleeds1

Point is ristac the links could be innocently linked elsewhere. Someone here could post it anywhere if they’re not aware of the risks to everyone viewing

ristac likes this.
  16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Will I be prosecuted for watching football matches online in this way?

It is unlikely that the football authorities would pursue cases against individuals who watch games in this manner, with the more desirable avenue to bring claims directly against the file sharing sites through the ISPs. Indeed, in 2014, the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that internet users who watch copyrighted material online aren’t breaking the law by doing so. However, despite the fact that a claim may not be brought against you, participating in such a site leaves your computer open to viruses and may have adverse effects on the very sport which you wish to watch.

17. Mj shoulder

Mj shoulder Well-Known Member

Certainly been more difficult to get the games recently. Can't think anyone who posts would report it. Suppose if your paying you may have the hump but a bit sad in reality. Pm group the way to go as stated previously?

18. Eireleeds1

Don’t think you’re right Bucks. I signed out and can still see the links to the streams <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Eire has a great point and think a closed group is a great idea. There are some regular guys on twitter who have packed it in because too many are piling in and it goes public in minutes. These guys then take abuse and have decided to not do it anymore except to a closed group. I wont use facebook so not in the loop now

20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Eire unfortunately there are people who have shared links after being told not to, which results in them being shut down.<wah>