1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Potential DaGrosa Takeover

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintrichie123, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

But I suspect our comparative value to other clubs has been low for a long time.... allegedly DaGrosa is looking to pay £50 million less.... that would worry me that all he is trying to do is acquire the right amount of money to purchase the club rather than fund the club appropriately to the extent we all want.... giving Ralph at least £40-£50 million a year for new players and new wages....

It’s a shame that people like Markus only arrive once in a lifetime.... although I’m incredibly grateful and thankful he arrived when he did (or we wouldn't have a club now).... I think to get where we want to go.... playing attractive football in a “sustainable” way.... we need another Liebherr....

manxsaint likes this.
  2. Libby

Libby 9-0

Not sure how you can say fans want an owner to put in £40-50m per year then later in the post mention being sustainable.

3. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Degrosa, is he an Italian American reincarnation of Ted 'The Grocer' Heath ex PM, dedicated bachelor and sailor?

4. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

I guess it was as more along the lines of spending a sensible amount per season to maintain progress rather than situation A where a chairman puts in very little (like us now) or situation B where every wildest whim and fantasy player a manager wants is purchased by the chairman (Chelski/City).

With us currently, we are only spending really what we are accumulating via transfers and that’s ok, as long as you have players that other people want.

Trouble is, over the last few years, we haemorrhaged talent out and not until recently got people back in that are worth anything.

You raise a valid point in terms of sustainability... what is it really...?

How much does any chairman make in terms of exposure as a PL chairman.... in terms of payments to himself as a percentage of turnover.... In terms of PL tv money, etc.... is it “reasonable” to put their own money in at all or not at all...?

I think this season we’ll be about where we deserve 8-11th place, but it would be another example to me that we stay comparatively still on an annual basis with players in when looking at other clubs. I think Ralph put it quite nicely about the club and Danny Ings and Champions League football-we’re not that far away from being European regulars, the only thing that’s really a stopping us is quality/amount of players-and that’s down to the chairman.... and there starts the cycle again.

5. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

Simon Jordan on Talkshite this morning saying that there are some serious money men interested in buying Southampton. Says Gao is now down to £180 million from his purchase of £210 million and Katrina (his words not mine, he may even had called her Kat, but can't remember :emoticon-0100-smile) £20 million. Said the the club is in pretty dire financial position (I say, show me a football club that isn't at the moment), but this will not stop potential buyers from being able to acquire the club 100% for £200 million. He said he has a bit of inside knowledge as he knows interested parties??

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  6. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

I've got £25 prize from Premium Bonds this month if any financial assistance required.

Archers Road, tomw24 and ChilcoSaint like this.
  7. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Me too, Brinks. We could go 50/50, what do you reckon? :emoticon-0103-cool:

8. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I have an uncashed 10/- postal order from my gran upstairs in a shoebox, will that help?

9. Brixham Saint

Brixham Saint Well-Known Member

Around the 2hr 19 min point, for those that are interested.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Cowtownred likes this.
  10. Brinkworth Saint

Worth a go! I'd like the deal done with Hoedt gone before though, don't want to lose money like this.

davecg69 likes this.

11. Brinkworth Saint

Yep, the plan is coming together, need the Hoedt thing sorted first though, some others too might be a lever to get the price down!

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  12. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

In a world where good things happen, we get taken over in the summer, Ralph stays on and is backed with a decent wedge to start forming the team he wants. Wouldn't that be something. Never going to happen is it <somersault>

13. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

It's a twofold question: one, can we find a buyer, and two, what happens with our debts when that buyer takes over? Because even if Gao takes a bit of a loss, as it stands a new owner will be inheriting tens of millions in debt, owed at a high interest rate...if the new owner lacks the means/will to erase that debt, it's still going to be a problem. And the longer we go without a buyer, the more of a problem it becomes.

14. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

I have a solution. We can float ourselves on the stock exchange as GameStop...

Shandy_top_89 and Schad like this.
  15. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Hell, just rename ourselves the Southampton Blockchains and do an IPO and the club will be worth billions by the end of the month.

16. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Maybe we’ll get promoted next season :1980_boogie_down:

17. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

More from the above posts about Simon Jordan talking about our takeover.

Mentions that he’s “been approached to be involved with something there.” Shows there are others in the mix to buy us who we haven’t heard of yet.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  18. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Not sure theres anything new there. I imagine all football clubs are haemorrhaging money over the last year or so. And we have been told mulitple times that there is interest from multiple parties regarding SFC and that the loud ones are the least serious (DaGrosa).

Archers Road likes this.
  19. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Just hope it is someone willing to invest just a moderate amount and that it is all concluded in time for Ralph to get backed in the market.

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.
  20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Tbf, he could be getting his “knowledge” from reading this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.