1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pre-season Friendlies

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Jul 8, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Line-up v Plymouth Parkway:

Te Loeke

Miller
    Edwards
    Bradley
    Taylor-Sinclair

Sangster
    Sarevic

Ainsworth
    Carey
    Wylde

Taylor

PAFC went 1-0 down with some fumbles at the back but, guess who, Carey scores twice and it's 1-2 to Argyle with 10 mins to play as Carey is subbed off. Wylde scores late to make it 1-3.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did you go notDistant ?

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Saltash 0-2 Argyle... FT ?

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

No, no transport for a start, car has been commandeered for a Christening...

Versus Saltash: Argyle (4-2-3-1): Luke McCormick; Oscar Threlkeld, Callum Rose (Harry Hodges h/t), Jordan Bentley, Gary Sawyer; Yann Songo'o, David Fox; Jake Jervis, Ruben Lameiras, Joel Grant; Nathan Blissett (Alex Fletcher 70 mins).

Grant and Lameiras scored for a 0-2 victory, with the latter shining in the No 10 role usually occupied by Graham Carey.

All facts courtesy of the Herald!

5. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I was at both - two good matches and it is clear that we are capable of putting two first teams out-i.e. whatever the first team may or may not be for the first league matches we have quality cover in every position (including upfront)-Alex Fletcher (1st year pro) came on at Saltash and impressed. In fact, all the newbies impressed. Parkway probably gave us the sterner test (despite the score) but both matches were decent. Well looked after at both venues and the players did really well staying behind after the match to sign stuff etc. CG10 played at Parkway but also went to Saltash and did some great PR work. A bit sunburnt but a very enjoyable afternoon for all.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thanks Lyndy for your first-hand report.

Did we have goalkeeper coverage for both games.....I wonder if Derek has pencilled in a No3 keeper yet seeing he let two go ?

Waiting for that No9 shirt to be filled as well.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't normally do preseason friendlies but my son has bought me a ticket for the Cardiff match so am making an exception this season. Read a couple of reports on pasoti which backs up you coverage lyndhurst but with a bit more detail in them. It's obviously very early days yet with today being the first proper matches but nobody got ripped up except perhaps that one or two could do with a bit more fitness. That will come hopefully.

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes I think the GK situation is pretty good with Luke (obviously) but I think Robbert te LOEKE is pretty decent. First time playing in the UK and really enjoying it. Not sure fitness is an issue sensible-they have had a pretty hard week or so and I thought they all looked in good shape. Sure there were a few 'hanging out' at the end but hot day, hard pitches and the first 90 mins most have played in a couple of months-don't think anyone looked out of shape. Sarc is the shape/size that he is, but is also very fit.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not my words about the fitness lyndy but those of a few who went to see. I don't think there is a substitute for match fitness and if this heat and weather was halfway through the league programme then more than likely they would cope quite well. Also playing part time amateur players should be easier than playing hardened professionals so the lack of fitness, if that is the case right now, should be more disguised than it might be. Anyway first two played and two wins so onwards and upwards.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle youngster Mike Cooper a goalkeeper was name as reserve keeper for both of yesterdays friendlies.....I also read elsewhere that Adams has pencilled him in as his third keeper this coming season ?

11. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Do we play Torquay

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Tuesday 18th July at 7pm at their's Joe.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Damn, i have a meeting that afternoon or would have gone.. as i spend most of my time in that area now...