1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League season, 2021 / 2022

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 7, 2021.

1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Normann and Gilmour back in training.

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

zogean_king likes this.
  4. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

I have not been on here since before the season started - not because of a lack of interest but because I have been fighting two battles. First was covid - 3 weeks in hospital, 3 weeks in bed at home and another 2 weeks before I had the energy to leave the house. Don't try and tell me that it is no worse than a common cold!!! Secondly a battle with bloody Brexit. My wife and I had dual nationality long before it came irrelevant with European integration. Our tax affairs are also quite complicated as we funded and set up a business in the UK which expanded to subsidiaries in France and Australia. We still have a financial stake in them and my wife still does a lot of the design work and marketing. Following Brexit both the French and Australian tax authorities were happy for current arrangements to continue but the British would not agree unless we moved back to the UK for at least 6 month a year. Following at least six visits to London and two to the Embassy in Paris it became clear that the only other way out was for us to change our citizenship status which we reluctantly agreed to do. So, as from next year when the rules change again, I will have to pay to get a visa to visit the Country where I was born, educated and lived for at least 65 years of my life. The daftest bit of all - we will now pay more tax in France and less in the UK. I didn't see any of that on the side of your bus Boris!!
    Whilst I have a lot to catch up with I have to say that in general terms I think that City are doing a lot better than I feared they would. During the close season I genuinely feared that we would not only finish bottom of the table but also would struggle to match Derbys lowest points total. I was disappointed that DF got the sack but I think we struck lucky with his replacement. Catching up with recent games I notice that Pierre seems to be a regular starter - City obviously have had more success in getting him to play a role in the team than Nice did. Anyway I now hope to be a regular contributor again when I have caught up with what has happened since last July.

5. Bure budgie

Welcome back buddy.
    Glad to hear you are over your Covid problems, and trust you are back to good health.
    I sympathise the problems with your Nationality problems after Brexit.
    I was 100% against Brexit, and personally have seen no benefits.
    Regarding this season, hit and miss, sorry to loose DF but Smiffy is as good a replacement we could have hoped for.
    +points are the recent form especially Sargent and Idah.
    -points are injury to Normann and poor quality of Gilmour.

Will be difficult to stay up, but you never know.
    Best of luck to you and yours.
    OTBC<cheers><cheers>

DHCanary likes this.
  6. RiverEndRick

Great to hear you're all right 1950 - I was concerned about your absence and that of oldcanariesfan. Having been through dual nationality problems myself, I can sympathize on that as well, but my problems were all at the US end.

Hope you're back to full health now and over the the worst of the problems.

7. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

What do you mean no benefit from Brexit? I hear that there was a seventeen mile lorry jam on the A2 earlier in the week!

8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

RiverEndRick likes this.
  9. RiverEndRick

You made me choke on my cornflakes until I opened the article. I thought no sooner had our injured returned than two have picked up injuries. <laugh>

It's funny now.

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

A. Were you fully vaccinated & boosted ?

B. The people that voted for Brexit were mainly people that lived in Britain.
    If you give up your Nationality status for convenience and tax reasons and don't intend to live in Britain, you are treated as someone that gave up their status and lives abroad.
    I don't really have much sympathy to be honest nobody forced you at gun point to live in France and you didn't have to give up your British passport to have a second home in France.

The red tape for British people living in Spain is unbelievable and always has been , favouring the locals .

I own property in China and being a foreigner I'm not allowed to sell it or even open a bank account.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

Incidentally as a British passport holder living in the UK, as I'm not boosted the French will not let me in the country and they don't allow their own citizens to go to restaurants cinemas or public transport without the latest booster vaccination card .
    Banning citizens from even working or shopping.

Macron wants to punish and piss off anyone that refuses to take a never ending series of a product that clearly doesn't work as a replacement immune system subscription.

Which is absolutely appalling.

As much as Boris is a National embarrassment, Macron the ex Banker puppet Napoleon that married his teacher is a complete joke.
    Most of the issues after Brexit are from The French trying to punish us for leaving .

You couldn't pay me to live in France now

12. 1950canary

a) Yes
    b) Thank you for your sympathetic comments - if you are a social justice warrior god help us. You do not have any of the detailed reasons behind our situation and therefore you have no right to be offensive. We lived in the UK and voted in the referendum. Our house in France is not a second home - it is my wifes family home she inherited from her father. The rules that forced us to make our choice were not part of the brexit debate but rule changes brought in at a later date. Unlike you and your property in China we are not foreigners - we had dual nationality - it is your Government, not Europe, that changed the rules and forced us to decide.

RiverEndRick and Rowdy like this.
  13. 1950canary

May I suggest you stop reading the Daily Express. Every Government makes its own rules on Covid - hasn't yours stopped unvaccinated people working in the NHS and care sector. Most of Europe couldn't care less about Brexit - in fact they are quite pleased you have left. To us the problem is that having taking 5 years to sign an agreement you are constantly trying to wriggle out of it. If Europe really wanted to punish you they could cause you real chaos.

chinacanary, RiverEndRick and Rowdy like this.
  14. DUNCAN DONUTS

I don't read the Daily Express not sure where that strawman came from ?

Are you fully vaccinated meaning minimum of 3 shots ?

You are moaning about how terrible the British government is but France point blank refuse entry to people that refuse endless boosters .

You have proven yourself that they don’t work so the mandate is irrational.

You chose to become a French citizen and don't want to visit the UK for more than a few weeks so you got what you wanted.

It's a mild inconvenience to get a visa to visit the UK.

It's far more invasive to visit France.

Nothing personal but it's annoying having people that don't want to live in the UK ****ting on the UK and people demanding everyone gets boosted complaining they are sick with covid .

I had it and it was like flu , it may well have been flu .

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  15. DUNCAN DONUTS

If you want hassle free visa less travel to enter the UK from France it appears to be pretty easy to just get a blow up boat and claim refugee status from the totalitarian Dictatorship these poor guys are fleeing as you get picked up by the coast guard.

Straight to a Holiday Inn at our expense.

16. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Dunc off on one as per. No point arguing with uninformed folk. They're too far down the rabbit hole to hear.

17. Bure budgie

I thought this was a football thread?

Calm down folks

18. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah, back to football.

Although having said that, hopefully we can all agree this government is a pitiful, corrupt, shambles… **takes cover**

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

2 retired old gentleman born in England with property in France that hate Britain and want to remain in the European Union.

There's a simple solution just fill out the appropriate paperwork take your latest boosters .
    Get the Vaccine passports and enjoy the rest of your lives far away from those Antivaxxer Brexit voting thickos.
    It's not that difficult to come back for a holiday.

Staying a few months a year to prove you inhabit the country you have property or businesses is pretty standard practice for most of the World.

20. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

<applause>

Attacking a fellow poster who's been hospitalised with Covid is really classy, Duncan. <applause>